Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2 Update 4/19/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Daverost View Post
    Was it ever decided which of the two covers are going to which physical versions? The one I voted for is one of the two remaining and I'm curious about which one I'm going to end up with.
    Good question and idk about the answer to that.anyways,nice to see you here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightleo View Post
    release it the way you did all the games back in the day. when you knew that every detail you wanted was in the game. yes we might have to wait a little longer if not a lot longer for this to happen. but for a physical release we can wait. if people really just want it sooner then get the digital copy.
    This. I was going to buy multiple copies of the UMD release, but knowing that it will be the 'inferior' version now makes me question the point. I would rather wait for a complete game then one that has had a part of it removed just to get it out the door faster.

I'm fine with whatever. I'd prefer having the opening song/animation, but I'd rather have the game sooner rather than later (weeks or months later) <_<

So, if CoH2 does "well" by Gaijin's standards, will we see CoH3 or CoH 3DS?

Also, can we add a request topic?
    PSN: lopez1679
    3DS FC: 1177-7236-7557
    "Achtung, baby"

Quote Originally Posted by lolipez007 View Post
    I'm fine with whatever. I'd prefer having the opening song/animation, but I'd rather have the game sooner rather than later (weeks or months later) <_<

So, if CoH2 does "well" by Gaijin's standards, will we see CoH3 or CoH 3DS?

Also, can we add a request topic?
    Like vicireland mentioned earlier, he said to go ahead and open other threads for requests and stuff as we want.

If you were willing to have the UMD without an intro and patch the digital release later, essentially having two different intros, then why not use the opportunity to make something special for the UMD release only? It could be something as simple as a slide show of concept art, the alternate covers, and/or names of those who gave to the kickstarter (or a generic statement of thanks to them all anyway). What about a quick fan art contest to put something fan made as part of the intro, I'm sure some could even create music just for the UMD release. I think it would be a fitting finale to a project born of the community, I'm sure most would be willing to wait for that.

Quote Originally Posted by stuff_gnome View Post
    If you were willing to have the UMD without an intro and patch the digital release later, essentially having two different intros, then why not use the opportunity to make something special for the UMD release only? It could be something as simple as a slide show of concept art, the alternate covers, and/or names of those who gave to the kickstarter (or a generic statement of thanks to them all anyway). What about a quick fan art contest to put something fan made as part of the intro, I'm sure some could even create music just for the UMD release. I think it would be a fitting finale to a project born of the community, I'm sure most would be willing to wait for that.
    i'm not an expert on the gaming business side of things.but bear with me for a minute,if he is having problems with the game just because he changed the opening then wouldnt he have to go back and ask permission for the features that you are suggesting? just a thought...

If the digital download codes can be sent out separately from the physical release, then there's no question for me: wait until the opening song can be included to release the UMD. Otherwise, it's a tough call... But I think I would still rather wait for the song to be included. I've already waited this long for CoH2, so a little longer won't kill me. It's not as if there are a dearth of other games to tide me over.

Quote Originally Posted by perrandy View Post
    i'm not an expert on the gaming business side of things.but bear with me for a minute,if he is having problems with the game just because he changed the opening then wouldnt he have to go back and ask permission for the features that you are suggesting? just a thought...
    I was hoping the slideshow of concept/fan art and special thanks credit could be the intro, since replacing just the intro did not seem to be a problem, as a little thank you to the fans. I agree though any extra features could possibly set the release back, no need for that.

The problem is we can't proceed with Class of Heroes 3 until CoH2 is released. So the delay is really messing with the timeline to get the series out here, and with the PSP dying more by the hour, it only makes it harder. We're also assuming that we'll have the level of fan support we need to finish the series, but we won't really *know* until CoH2 is out. This rights resolution could literally take months, and waiting to start on CoH3 until Summer is a bad idea because it pushes the game release into Christmas where it will be buried, or into 2014, which is very late.

I like the idea of a fan tribute beginning, but it's very late in the game for that as well, and getting the approvals for that may take as long or longer than clearing the rights, so it's not really a more helpful path.

We'll know more this week. The key is asking Sony if we can split the vouchers out from the physical+digital manufacture. If we CAN, sending the vouchers and waiting for the UMD delivery seems to be the best course. It's pretty much of a longshot, though, because the voucher order is tied to the manufacturing PO. But, I'll check...

Dunno if it's just me, but I'd rather play the game. An intro's great and something I'll watch a few times, but I'd rather not wait another 2 months for this just because the opening. Don't mean to come off as a jerk, but I'm waiting for the actual game.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast