Thread: Found A Localization Company

Found A Localization Company

Hey guys,

I live in Germany and I'm very interested in Games/Anime localization. Maybe I will establish my own company one day here in Germany as well! ... ( hehe... but it's rather unrealistic, I think). Personally, I prefer English all the time, but for people who don't like it very much, German can be a lifesaver.
    (*cough*Summon Night 5 in German!*cough)

Do you know what I need to found such a localization company besides the translators and the other staff? I'm just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Raksel Shikazu View Post
    Hey guys,

I live in Germany and I'm very interested in Games/Anime localization. Maybe I will establish my own company one day here in Germany as well! ... ( hehe... but it's rather unrealistic, I think). Personally, I prefer English all the time, but for people who don't like it very much, German can be a lifesaver.
    (*cough*Summon Night 5 in German!*cough)

Do you know what I need to found such a localization company besides the translators and the other staff? I'm just curious.
    I think the biggest thing you're going to need are connections with the people who are producing the content you want to localize. Having someone "in the know" who can help you get meetings with IP holders in Japan is probably the most valuable.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.