Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Cue the Anti-Censorship Posts - Let's Discuss Civilly

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    I did find a Groucho quote "I love my cigar too, but I take it out of my mouth every once in awhile" that, just like you, people say doesn't exist (it does) and isn't what it sounds like (it is).
    This is the quote I was referring to . . . it originates from a famously factually inaccurate Groucho "autobiography" that was ghostwritten by Hector Arce ("The Secret Word is Groucho"). Groucho claims to have never said it (in an interview with Roger Ebert in Esquire Magazine from 1972 which can be found on Ebert's site: http://www.rogerebert.com/interviews...h-groucho-marx). So yes, the quote exists on paper, but it's not a quote from Groucho . . . even though the book makes that claim. Nobody has come forward to make a case for Groucho's interview with Ebert being lies as far as I know, so I see no reason to believe a publication that has been proven to be unreliable over it (technically, Groucho is quoting Arce in the Esquire article and not himself). George Fenneman, the announcer and assistant on You Bet Your Life also stated for the record that Groucho never said such a thing on the show. You can find citations for all of this on the You Bet Your Life Wikipedia page (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Be...Cigar_incident).

There are also known fakes of outtakes, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKC0PPZbfE8. All of the known surviving video outtakes from You Bet Your Life are on YouTube and the quote is not there. If video proof of the quote was ever found, it would be a huge deal/International news and it would be easy to find when Googling as well. If it ever existed and is now hard to find for some reason, there would be mention of it's missing/lost status. There is no secret Groucho clip of the sort that you saw that is now impossible to find on the Internet (though it's very possible you saw a fake of some kind, since there's all kinds of misinformation out there as it is and people trying to cash in on it as well).

I didn't want to bother, but after reading about you spending so much time trying to find the clip, I felt I should invest a bit more time into this as well and elaborate more.
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 01-24-2016 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missile! View Post
    Not surprised, scandinavians, especially the sweeds, chug the kool aid more than all of europe.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I bet her fat ass wouldn't have any problem busting through a floor.

[QUOTE=mandy_moorehol;68996]There are also known fakes of outtakes, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKC0PPZbfE8. All of the known surviving video outtakes from You Bet Your Life are on YouTube and the quote is not there. /QUOTE]

wait, what? how is that a fake?

As far as the other quote, if you don't want to believe me, suit yourself. I get saying you're skeptical until you see for yourself, but ok. It does exist even if it isn't on youtube.

this is a really bizarre conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Missile! View Post
    Not surprised, scandinavians, especially the sweeds, chug the kool aid more than all of europe.
    NOW WAIT JUST ONE DAMN SECOND! BELGIUM IS NOT SCANDINAVIAN, BELGIUM IS VERTICAL GERMANY. YOU CAN TELL BY THEIR FLAG

LEARN GEOGRAPHY BIGOT

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    NOW WAIT JUST ONE DAMN SECOND! BELGIUM IS NOT SCANDINAVIAN, BELGIUM IS VERTICAL GERMANY. YOU CAN TELL BY THEIR FLAG

LEARN GEOGRAPHY BIGOT
    Yup...

German Flag:

Vertical German Flag:

Belgian Flag:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JWiley_12; 01-24-2016 at 09:36 PM.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Vertical German flag reminds me of knock off Kit Kats
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

I like the simplicity of a lot of European flags.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    I like the simplicity of a lot of European flags.
    Many of those flags are based on the colours in coats of arms of several duchies and other types of territories from the Middle Ages. Many of the current countries are a number of those territories of old put together in a union and therefor you'll see a mixture of colours based of those ancient territories in the flags.

I personally prefer flags that have a bit more to them, like the iconic Union Jack (UK), or the Portuguese flag.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast