Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: Cue the Anti-Censorship Posts - Let's Discuss Civilly

It's those damn GAIJIN AGAIN!!!!11one
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I guess Tokyo Mirage Sessions is going to have some censoring that's been discovered already:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_y1R...utu.be&t=3m36s

This makes like no sense to me but, whatever, I wasn't planning on buying the game anyway.
    There's quite a few more videos of censored scenes from TMS#FE on that channel (for anyone interested). It's kinda dumb, but not a deal breaker to me.
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 05-06-2016 at 10:51 PM.

I guess Tokyo Mirage Sessions is going to have some censoring that's been discovered already:

This makes like no sense to me but, whatever, I wasn't planning on buying the game anyway.
    PROTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

This makes even less sense to me, after knowing that they additionally changed this characters age from 17 to 18. I could see a bikini being an issue for a character that is a minor, but making her adult, then taking away an adult scene is just bewildering. Ultimately I could care less about a photo shoot in the game. I just don't understand why they need to make so many changes. Seems changing the age would fix the concerns of that scene...
    PSN/Steam/XBL - DrgnSlayerDyne

Quote Originally Posted by EternalB View Post
    This makes even less sense to me, after knowing that they additionally changed this characters age from 17 to 18. I could see a bikini being an issue for a character that is a minor, but making her adult, then taking away an adult scene is just bewildering. Ultimately I could care less about a photo shoot in the game. I just don't understand why they need to make so many changes. Seems changing the age would fix the concerns of that scene...
    I think it's dumb, but there probably is no easy way to localize anything involving gravure and/or the extreme reaction the villain has and remain tasteful outside of what they chose to do. It would seem too perverted whether left as in the Japanese version or if changed to some context that would make sense of that choice of outfit to whatever Nintendo thinks the target demographic for this game is (probably a wider audience than is realistic).

Nintendo probably finds it too sexist/objectifying/pervy/risky to let a teenage popstar dress in anything that would be too revealing for a typical public high school in the US. If the characters looked older or Nintendo was okay with the game having a higher rating and appealing to only to adults, this wouldn't probably be as big of an issue (also if they were making more money, they could choose to care less about political/moral backlash in general). Whether this is playing it safe to avoid backlash from certain groups or not, Nintendo is mostly trying to be family friendly the majority of the time (like always) . . . regardless of how much sense that does or doesn't make.
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 05-10-2016 at 01:08 AM.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Nintendo makes fat piles of paper, you're drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    But will it make fat piles on this? better question, HAS it even made fat piles?

"Fat Pile" sounds like an insult.
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

I just had my fifth bottle of sake today

Of course they do, but did you see their last financial report? Their net income is down 60.6% from last year (and PSN is making more money than all of Nintendo). Also, Star Fox Zero had amazingly bad sales. I am not saying they are going to go out of business anytime soon, just that things are definitely fuct if you take amiibos, digital sales, and Miitomo out of the picture (they are doing okay in some areas, but not the areas that have generally been their strengths or main focus).

They obviously have to have some sort of major restructuring and of course they are releasing the NX at the start of their next financial year so things don't look even worse for them. The company is in trouble as far as its identity/brand image/reputation, not bankruptcy or something of that sort . . . but that's nothing new, it's just worse than the pretty bad usual. Such problems can lead to worse problems if the risks taken to recuperate don't pay off and that is what concerns me (until I see what the NX is). They have to answer to their investors at the end of the day and I can't imagine they are going to be super pleased if more hardware is seen as a failure. I guess we'll see what happens after their Christmas lineup that is even worse than last year.

Sony and Xbox have their own problems, and the future viability of selling physical consoles in general is rather questionable. I'm concerned more about Nintendo because they haven't really messed up with a console like this before (not counting the Virtual Boy) and I still have some amount of hope that they can bring something uniquely Nintendo to the table that pleases a lot of people that have passed on a lot of their consoles/handhelds/games lately and recaptures more of what people have liked about them historically.
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 05-10-2016 at 03:23 AM.

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast