Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Final Fantasy IX (Zidane and Co.) coming to PC/Mobile in 2016...!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Unless the assets were higher res. than the stuff posted in the thread there would still be a fair amount of work in bringing them up to stuff.
    The assets themselves (as in the probably nurbs-based 3D models, given when they were made), could be rendered at any resolution they wanted so long as they still had the source files for them. There is the issue though that a lot of pre-rendered backgrounds back then had a lot of post-render work done on them, which I think would be the bigger issue to update.

Source code (as in the actual code) though isn't really that important as it can always be reverse engineered from the final product. In fact, in many cases that's easier then dealing with the source code directly for really old projects.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    The assets themselves (as in the probably nurbs-based 3D models, given when they were made), could be rendered at any resolution they wanted so long as they still had the source files for them. There is the issue though that a lot of pre-rendered backgrounds back then had a lot of post-render work done on them, which I think would be the bigger issue to update.

Source code (as in the actual code) though isn't really that important as it can always be reverse engineered from the final product. In fact, in many cases that's easier then dealing with the source code directly for really old projects.
    I mostly meant textures, though they've probably got a substantial library of suitable res. textures at this point. Touch up time would probably depend on how much time they wanted to spend on rendering it.

This is what I was referring to when I was questioning how useful the code would be .

I guess they think Hobbit'ing FFVII instead of splitting funds on bringing multiple titles up to modern looks is a better plan.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234