Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alchemy in CoH2

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko_0 View Post
    That's normal. The game doesn't track whether you have already bought (or discovered yourself) a recipe. It only keeps track of the shops' stock. Buying a recipe in one shop removes it from that shop only because the shop had only one of that item to begin with.

Btw, be careful with shopping sprees. Sometimes you'll need a rarer item for a quest and curse yourself for using up the last of the shops' stock earlier. I'm not saying that because I did that myself. Nope, not at all.
    Oh, I'm being very stingy on buying things from the stores. I've mostly been buying rank 1 ingredients (which I think are endless?); only 1 of the flasks for that quest, and a few weapon upgrades. I won't let the stores empty everything else.
    -dunno001
    -CoH2? Yeah, that can Come on Here 2! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Yes, there's some kind of problem with the offset calculation certain alchemy recipes. You buy one recipe, but it unlocks something else sometimes. It's not all of them, just some. We've already noted it and are trying to figure out what the problem is to fix it. Thanks for the note, though.
    I hope the problem gets patched because I noticed it too.

Anyways, on topic:

I wish the alchemy system was more streamlined. It takes so much effort and time to really figure out what's going on and to actually make the items. I guess I've been spoiled with the Atelier series and it's alchemy system.
    PSN: lopez1679
    3DS FC: 1177-7236-7557
    "Achtung, baby"

Quote Originally Posted by lolipez007 View Post
    I hope the problem gets patched because I noticed it too.

Anyways, on topic:

I wish the alchemy system was more streamlined. It takes so much effort and time to really figure out what's going on and to actually make the items. I guess I've been spoiled with the Atelier series and it's alchemy system.
    It absolutely will be patched once we figure out the exact parameters for what's causing it so we can fix it.

I wonder how such an obvious bug got past the Japanese QA team though. It's not like it's hidden in some out of the way part of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimiko_0 View Post
    I wonder how such an obvious bug got past the Japanese QA team though. It's not like it's hidden in some out of the way part of the game.
    I don't know for sure yet, but I think it may be related to the fact that we got different files to work from than the Japanese final source. We got the text first, then months later the full source. When we got the full source, the files were different in slight, but important ways. We had to reconcile them once we got the full source, and my bet is that this offset difference is somehow related to the reconciliation not being 100% perfect. The fact that it only affects some of the recipes makes it worse. I tried a few in testing, and they worked fine, so there was no red flag to test all ~500 of them.

Fortunately, it's an inconvenience, but doesn't break the game so it's not possible to play/finish. But we obviously want to patch it so it's right.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    I don't know for sure yet, but I think it may be related to the fact that we got different files to work from than the Japanese final source. We got the text first, then months later the full source. When we got the full source, the files were different in slight, but important ways. We had to reconcile them once we got the full source, and my bet is that this offset difference is somehow related to the reconciliation not being 100% perfect. The fact that it only affects some of the recipes makes it worse. I tried a few in testing, and they worked fine, so there was no red flag to test all ~500 of them.

Fortunately, it's an inconvenience, but doesn't break the game so it's not possible to play/finish. But we obviously want to patch it so it's right.
    Speaking of which I found something that might be a glitch. I play the game on my Vita and have a Fairy Sorcerer, I save a lot and use the mini map spell a lot. Sometimes I screw up in a dungeon and want to reload my save so I exit the game, restart it and load from the title screen(I couldn't find a load button anywhere). If I load the game and I had the mini-map spell activated the Icon for the spell is visible on top(the little page thing) but the spell itself is gone, no minimap is shown and the icon persists and says there throughout the duration of the spell. This forces me to use the mini-map spell every time I load. This could be intentional to make the game a little more difficult having spells wear off by exiting the game but the icon appearing is confusing I don't know if the spell should be active or not which makes me question why the mini-map is gone in the first place. :/

Just press Select and a mini map will pop up on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Speaking of which I found something that might be a glitch. I play the game on my Vita and have a Fairy Sorcerer, I save a lot and use the mini map spell a lot. Sometimes I screw up in a dungeon and want to reload my save so I exit the game, restart it and load from the title screen(I couldn't find a load button anywhere). If I load the game and I had the mini-map spell activated the Icon for the spell is visible on top(the little page thing) but the spell itself is gone, no minimap is shown and the icon persists and says there throughout the duration of the spell. This forces me to use the mini-map spell every time I load. This could be intentional to make the game a little more difficult having spells wear off by exiting the game but the icon appearing is confusing I don't know if the spell should be active or not which makes me question why the mini-map is gone in the first place. :/
    Right, try hitting SELECT. The spell is probably still active, you just need to make the mini-map visible. Do report back if this isn't the case. If it's a bug we'll fix it.

It worked, just pressing select does pop the map back in. Sorry bout that 0-0 I didn't figure SELECT would toggle the map on and off, I found no mention of it anywhere. I knew the START button toggled the character portraits on and off but when I first tried out the SELECT button it did nothing (had no spell active) so I just figured it wasn't used in the game T_T

A large amount of the Alchemy recipes are in the Game Help section now to tide players over until we get the recipe patch out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast