Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adventures of Mana (iOS/Android) comes stateside in 2016!

I'd like to add the PSP releases of FF1 & FF2.

Quote Originally Posted by zanth1979 View Post
    I'd like to add the PSP releases of FF1 & FF2.
    Those as well are missing, dunno why SE has yet to put the best versions of the first two Final Fantasy games on PSN, the GBA versions are the second best, SE is starting to get them on the Japanese Wii U eshop

If they are only going to bring AoM to mobile phones in english then they better bring Final Fantasy Adventure to 3DS eshop and Sword of Mana to the Wii U eshop so all versions of the game will be available in one form or another

Adventure of Mana would be cool to see on 3DS

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    and Final Fantasy VII remake.... so not impressed with them turning it into a Kingdom Hearts clone
    If Square Enix is unable to massively update the graphics while keeping the game itself identical to the original PS1 release then they will get no money from me
    They're playing it safe. A lot of people would agree with you (but I can't imagine they're in the majority). Square-Enix tried to go oldschool with 4 Heroes of Light and nobody cared (and then Bravely Default outsold some of the more recent Final Fantasy games and confused Square-Enix even more). At least we get more Dragon Quest, Project Setsuna, and whatever else the Tokyo RPG Factory decides to develop (I don't even need a FFVII remake because remakes of anything are worse than the original pretty much always with a few exceptions).

Quote Originally Posted by mandy_moorehol View Post
    They're playing it safe. A lot of people would agree with you (but I can't imagine they're in the majority). Square-Enix tried to go oldschool with 4 Heroes of Light and nobody cared (and then Bravely Default outsold some of the more recent Final Fantasy games and confused Square-Enix even more). At least we get more Dragon Quest, Project Setsuna, and whatever else the Tokyo RPG Factory decides to develop (I don't even need a FFVII remake because remakes of anything are worse than the original pretty much always with a few exceptions).
    I skipped over Bravely Default because NoA forced their censorship policies on it, even if it was a minor thing that was changed, its still unacceptable in this day and age, not touching the second game unless it is completely identical to the Japanese version and Square Enix localizes it, I can't figure out why SE aren't the ones bringing the 3DS versions of DQ VII and VIII over

I skipped over Bravely Default because NoA forced their censorship policies on it, even if it was a minor thing that was changed, its still unacceptable in this day and age, not touching the second game unless it is completely identical to the Japanese version and Square Enix localizes it, I can't figure out why SE aren't the ones bringing the 3DS versions of DQ VII and VIII over
    Soooo release the game in Japanese in the west?
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Pick your battles I guess . . . though this is pretty par for the course with Nintendo and a bit petty for me. I understand your viewpoint all the same (however, if Earthbound censorship was generally known around the time of release and I felt the same as you, I would've probably never given that game a chance then or especially now with it's current physical price . . . and that would be unfortunate, as much as I love that game . . . and the same goes for pretty much any JRPG on a Nintendo console from that era or earlier . . . they're pretty much all censored and I would miss out on a lot of great games if I never played any of them due to that and probably wouldn't even like RPGs).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12