Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bayonetta 2 to be released standalone (without first game disc) for $29.99!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Booty on a Nintendo cover, what is the world coming to?
    My guess is enough of "the right people" agreed that it was an empowered booty instead of an objectified booty.

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    My guess is enough of "the right people" agreed that it was an empowered booty instead of an objectified booty.
    Didn't you know that not offending well to do white women is the most important political issue the world currently faces?

Nothing wrong with that cover. A woman can celebrate and embrace her femininity, and that is exactly what Bayonetta does.

(is what some people will tell you. I'm actually inclined to agree with notorious misogynist PhantomSentry on this one.)
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

So I didn't realize that the PS3 version of the original was horrid. I played through maybe 1/4 of it and I always knew it was worse than the Xbox 360 version, but seeing them all (Wii U included) side by side. Wowzers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0eEWddqVQ

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Nothing wrong with that cover. A woman can celebrate and embrace her femininity, and that is exactly what Bayonetta does.

(is what some people will tell you. I'm actually inclined to agree with notorious misogynist PhantomSentry on this one.)
    I'm of the opinion that while we shouldn't treat women as if their only value is f*ck-based, there is nothing wrong in reveling in the desires biology instilled in you. Namely a woman sometimes appreciating a man objectifying her and a man appreciating objectifying the woman in the sexual moment and looking at her a bit differently once that moment/situation has passed.

They can say what they want, but most horny women don't want polite respect. They wanna be taken. The nagging feminists know this just as well as the next person and seem to base their judgements on the gender of who made the art. Men are being sexist and women are empowering fellow women, yada yada yada.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    So I didn't realize that the PS3 version of the original was horrid. I played through maybe 1/4 of it and I always knew it was worse than the Xbox 360 version, but seeing them all (Wii U included) side by side. Wowzers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0eEWddqVQ
    People probably think I'm just being a hater when I say that most PS360 games are almost always better on the 360. That's pretty much why I only collect exclusives for PS3 but go for the multiplatform games on 360. Most of my future games will be on PS4 but some are still pretty good when they make it to 360. Transformers Devastation runs silky smooth on 360 and it came out only a few months ago. Could just be because Platinum Engine was pretty much built around that console. They'd substantially improved that engine by the time Vanquish was released though.

http://platinumgames.com/2010/08/26/...hind-vanquish/

On a related note, I am not too hurt if I end up getting the re-release of Bayonetta 2, minus the included copy fo the original. I already have the 360 game and have no complaints about the way it looks or plays.

360 was easier to program for than PS3. That's really the bottom line.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    360 was easier to program for than PS3. That's really the bottom line.
    Never understood how a company could still make the mistake of producing a console that is hard to program for. You think after the Sega Saturn, people would learn.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    Never understood how a company could still make the mistake of producing a console that is hard to program for. You think after the Sega Saturn, people would learn.
    If the goal was making emulation difficult, they both did a damn good job.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Good thing, I guess. Should make the other releases more valuable and I happen to have a spare Special Edition.
    Another N.A. snub by Nintendo.... Least we got a physical though.
    PSN/Steam/XBL - DrgnSlayerDyne

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast