Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disgaea ported to PC

Disgaea ported to PC

Don't think this was mentioned on here yet?
    Steam release, February 2016

Download the Darkness, Level Up Evil!

Two years after the death of his father, Overlord Krichevskoy, the demon prince Laharl awakens to discover that the Netherworld is in turmoil. With unlikely allies, his devious vassal Etna and the angel trainee Flonne, he must battle his way to supremacy to retake the throne and become the next Overlord. Experience the SRPG classic, now on PC!

Key Features:
    An SRPG from the most prolific SRPG creators in the world, Nippon Ichi Software
    Choose from over 40 unique character types
    Even with a max level of 9999, use Transmigration to start all over again, but your characters will be even stronger per level!
    Delve into the Item World, a randomly generated dungeon world, to level up your items!
    With max level characters and leveled-up items, dish out millions of points of damage!
    Over-the-top battle animations
    Geo Panels - A puzzle game within a Strategy RPG
    Lift & Throw - Throw your allies up ledges to reach enemies in hard-to-reach spots, or toss your enemies around instead!
    A zany story set in the Netherworld, where the notions of good and evil are reversed

New to Disgaea PC (It's not just a port!):
    Updated UI and textures
    Keyboard/Mouse and controller support
    Includes all content from Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
    New Steam features, such as Achievements, Cloud Saves, Badges, and trading cards

Learn about the long and prestigious history of the Disgaea series @ http://disgaea.us/
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/405900
    http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/disgaea...ming-to-steam/
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Prestigious history LOL OKAY.

Also, this is weird. But I'm sure money will be made.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I think its good. There's so many PC gamers that wont touch a console that would love this game.

Am I the only one here that thinks that whenever there is a port of an old game to PC (or another console for that matter), that effort could have been used better towards localization of a brand new game instead? It's not like a car manufacturer goes back to a 10 year old car design and re-releases the same car 10 years later with a few extra features that weren't there 10 years ago just so that the people that didn't want to buy that car at that time, can now do so because they missed out on it back in the day? I know it's kind of a crazy comparison but still...

Screw updated ports. Full remakes are what they should be doing. Let these games become what weaker tech prevented them from being.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Am I the only one here that thinks that whenever there is a port of an old game to PC (or another console for that matter), that effort could have been used better towards localization of a brand new game instead?
    It's all about what is likely to make them the most money. In this case, I think its a good idea since it's a proven franchise in a genre that PC gamers tend to love.

Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Am I the only one here that thinks that whenever there is a port of an old game to PC (or another console for that matter), that effort could have been used better towards localization of a brand new game instead? It's not like a car manufacturer goes back to a 10 year old car design and re-releases the same car 10 years later with a few extra features that weren't there 10 years ago just so that the people that didn't want to buy that car at that time, can now do so because they missed out on it back in the day? I know it's kind of a crazy comparison but still...
    Yeah, no... A more apt comparison would be a old movie or tv show and they are re-releasing it on Blu-Ray with new bonus features. But, I still don't agree.

Resources aren't always apples to apples. The resources they use to do this, aren't necessarily the same resources they would use for a totally new game. Porting and localizing \= the same thing.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Even then that's not really the same, but it is closer.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    No DRM free disc for a game that's already been ported and re-released? Sad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast