Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GameStop to Publish Video Games?!?

It would be cool if Gametop helped Xseed produce physical copies of Trails in the Sky 2nd and 3rd

Not saying PSP, since there are PS3 and Vita versions as well

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    But, they did get more of them made, and overall they helped bust the huuuuge markup that was going on with this game. For awhile it cost well over $100 just for a used copy, which to me is insane for a title only a couple years old.

Was them selling used copies at a huge premium a shitty thing to do? Yes, I agree that it was. But they also took the onus upon themselves to contact Nintendo and get the game reprinted as well so that they could satiate the demand they were seeing in their stores. When it was selling in store for like $30 and people kept calling over and over to get copies, it was obviously in their best interest to try and locate more. The price jack was the bitter pill, but if you look at their pricing, they've continued to decrease their asking price as demand dropped.
    I take issue with any place jacking up prices of stuff they acquire at wholesale cost. Especially something like this. Oh, this new product we got in sells for $50, but the used is $100, so lets open this up and sell it as used instead. That's just low. Not to mention ripping off and screwing your customer base. Good for their bottom line, yeah, it was, but doing so by taking advantage of your customers is just bad business. I'd rather keep my customers happy and keep them coming back than rip them off and leave a sour taste in their mouths so they don't come back.

And that I think we all agree with. BUT, if people didn't buy that stuff they'd stop doing it. I've bought many of cheap actual new games for under $5 that they were selling used for higher. Just pay attention to what is out and the prices. 90% of what I get is under $10 games. (guessing on the %)
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by zanth1979 View Post
    I take issue with any place jacking up prices of stuff they acquire at wholesale cost. Especially something like this. Oh, this new product we got in sells for $50, but the used is $100, so lets open this up and sell it as used instead. That's just low. Not to mention ripping off and screwing your customer base. Good for their bottom line, yeah, it was, but doing so by taking advantage of your customers is just bad business. I'd rather keep my customers happy and keep them coming back than rip them off and leave a sour taste in their mouths so they don't come back.
    Unfortunately most people didn't view it as a rip-off.

Gamestop opens new games anyway. Unless I'm buying a game at launch/pre-order from their website I don't expect it to actually be sealed. Which sucks. Huge amounts of ass. Which is why I don't really buy much from them.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I hated GameStop from the start due to their prices. I haven't been inside a GameStop since they stopped selling Dreamcast games in-store.

Eh, if it means more games i'm all for it.

The Wii stuff didn't piss me off as much as Persona 2/Rhapsody. sure they just happened to find boxes of games that were over a decade old at that point. They also pulled the same stunt with several ps2 games from what I remember, Fatal frame being one.

But if the physical disc is only 15, I would buy that in a second, although I do feel the game looks a lot like col.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Unfortunately most people didn't view it as a rip-off.

Gamestop opens new games anyway. Unless I'm buying a game at launch/pre-order from their website I don't expect it to actually be sealed. Which sucks. Huge amounts of ass. Which is why I don't really buy much from them.
    I would imagine they would have if they had known it was new product meant to be sold for $50. It's not like they advertised it.

But again, I don't blame people for going after a thing like this. Had I not witnessed first hand so many skeezy things that company does, I'd probably be all for it as well. I, too, hope it leads to better things for the industry as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Klown
    The Wii stuff didn't piss me off as much as Persona 2/Rhapsody. sure they just happened to find boxes of games that were over a decade old at that point. They also pulled the same stunt with several ps2 games from what I remember, Fatal frame being one.

But if the physical disc is only 15, I would buy that in a second, although I do feel the game looks a lot like col.
    Atlus admitted Persona 2 was reprinted eventually. Gamequestdirect was involved with alot of these reprints as well.

I remember Rhapsody used to be absurdly rare. Legitimately $200+ way back then. Crazy to think what it would run now if not for the reprint.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by zanth1979 View Post
    I would imagine they would have if they had known it was new product meant to be sold for $50. It's not like they advertised it.

But again, I don't blame people for going after a thing like this. Had I not witnessed first hand so many skeezy things that company does, I'd probably be all for it as well. I, too, hope it leads to better things for the industry as a whole.
    Actually, the price on the game was $40 when it came out new, not $50. That's what made it even funnier to me when people were paying outrageous amounts. They had plenty of stock when I bought mine at release, but you can't stop the hype traaaaain!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast