Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why can't I make a Gnome Sorcerer?

Why can't I make a Gnome Sorcerer?

I'm trying to make Gnome Sorcerer but it wont work T_T I put 12 INT and 12 Spirit and nothin, I messed around with the alignment and sex and still nothing T_T. Help?

Mmm! I have this issue also. It's quite annoying. I ended up making a gnome idol though.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    It is my observation that not all races can be all classes.

True but the Manual says that the best Class for Gnome is Sorcerer X_X

There are race restrictions on classes in this game.

You can preview the allowed classes for a race by pressing triangle at the enrollment screen, after filling every detail but class.

Every race can be a Novice, Fighter, and Idol. I'll upload a text document later with a chart of all the compatible Race/Class combos.

Novices can learn Magic, although at a slow rate and they have low MP. This is the only way (IIRC) to get magic on a Gnome until you unlock the Alchemist class later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I'm trying to make Gnome Sorcerer but it wont work T_T I put 12 INT and 12 Spirit and nothin, I messed around with the alignment and sex and still nothing T_T. Help?
    Because Chuck Norris is against it the game will not allow it

According to the Japanese wiki for the game, the class/race restrictions are thus:

Race\Class Novice Warrior Monk Sorcerer Ranger Puppeteer Samurai Ninja Idol Race-specific
    Human Gunner
    Elf Summoner
    Dwarf Berzerker
    Gnome Alchemist
    Khulaz Geomancer
    Fairy Sage
    Felper Beast
    Bahamun Dragon_Knight
    Diablos Necromancer
    Celestian Fallen Angel

So, in short:
    - any race can be Novice, Warrior or Idol
    - each race has its own advanced class that only they can become
    - Humans can be any base class
    - other races vary in how many options they have
    Last edited by Kimiko_0; 06-05-2013 at 01:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Yes, the manual says Gnomes are best with Mage type classes, but we figured out that's not true. We brought that information forward from the Japanese manual, but it seems to be wrong. Gnomes are Fighters, Monks, Rangers, and Alchemists. We'll have it fixed before the physical manual prints, and update the online manual. I'm assuming a few more typos and errors will be caught and we can fix them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Yes, the manual says Gnomes are best with Mage type classes, but we figured out that's not true. We brought that information forward from the Japanese manual, but it seems to be wrong. Gnomes are Fighters, Monks, Rangers, and Alchemists. We'll have it fixed before the physical manual prints, and update the online manual. I'm assuming a few more typos and errors will be caught and we can fix them all at once.
    Ah I see, thanks for the update I was carefully crafting my party based on the manual info, I'll keep a lookout. In the end I didn't use a Gnome (used a fairy sorcerer instead) and although Gnomes have great affinity my party still worked out great!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast