Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: XSEED may have just teased Trails in the Sky 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    So what about the Dev kits that get sold off? Always possible to get around the recall.
    Sure it is possible, but it is a lot of trouble to go to for extremely marginal game sales.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Trails of Cold Steel II page is up on Amazon. Both the Vita and PS3 version are $39.99. The prime discount is not currently working on either title, and I do not know if that is intentional or not. September 6 is the placeholder date. I think Cold Steel got pushed back about a month from its placeholder date.
    Bakery List
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    It isn't a slap in the face. They were very open and forthright about SC being their last PSP game. Releasing it on any other platform just isn't feasible and in some cases possible. PC is the only way we were ever gonna get this game, unless Falcom decides to do a PS4 port/remake. If you want to play Ao/Zero, be ready for PC only, because they will be in the same boat.

Also word on the street is that Sony is calling back PSP dev kits, so my guess is that CoH3 will be Gaijinworks last PSP game, whether or not Vic wants it to be. Vic might be able to confirm when he comes back from Aruba...
    XSEED could still easily release The 3rd through the VITA/PS3 PSN stores! (I still download PSP games through both)

I'm just disappointed because i'm not a PC gamer at all. I don't even own a PC..... So guess i'll never be able to play. (Not going to purchase one for a single game)
    I like bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamasura View Post
    XSEED could still easily release The 3rd through the VITA/PS3 PSN stores! (I still download PSP games through both)

I'm just disappointed because i'm not a PC gamer at all. I don't even own a PC..... So guess i'll never be able to play. (Not going to purchase one for a single game)
    Despite the fact that Vic is still releasing PSP games, does not mean that it is easy. Gaijinworks also does their localization programming in house, XSEED relies on Falcom for that for Falcom games. The storefront isn't the main hurdle here.

And that is unfortunate that you don't have a PC, Mac or even a tablet that could play this. I am personally glad I am getting to play this game in English, no matter the platform.
    Bakery List
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)

Despite the fact that Vic is still releasing PSP games, does not mean that it is easy. Gaijinworks also does their localization programming in house, XSEED relies on Falcom for that for Falcom games. The storefront isn't the main hurdle here.

And that is unfortunate that you don't have a PC, Mac or even a tablet that could play this. I am personally glad I am getting to play this game in English, no matter the platform.
    I wish Crisis Core FF7 and Valkyrie Profile Lennth were on PSN

Yeah I can see why they are skipping PSP. More work for minimal sales gains.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah I can see why they are skipping PSP. More work for minimal sales gains.
    Plus Falcom would have to take a break from their current releases to focus on finishing up another PSP title rather than working on porting other possible current titles into English for XSEED that are more likely to turn greater profits (like Trails of Cold Steel II).

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFirewire View Post
    Plus Falcom would have to take a break from their current releases to focus on finishing up another PSP title rather than working on porting other possible current titles into English for XSEED that are more likely to turn greater profits (like Trails of Cold Steel II).
    Not only that, but Falcom is pretty small, and Falcom is working on Ys VIII and Trails of Cold Steel III, both of which are getting close to release.
    Bakery List
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)

I'm probaly going to skip Ys 8
    I barely got halfway through 7 and Celceta before selling the two back to Gamestop for something else
    I regret buying Trails of Cold Steel 1
    Ys Oath in Felghana is the only Ys game I've ever finished
    I got rid of my Trails in the Sky Part 1 CE when parts 2 and 3 were announced to be digital only

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    I'm probaly going to skip Ys 8
    I barely got halfway through 7 and Celceta before selling the two back to Gamestop for something else
    I regret buying Trails of Cold Steel 1
    Ys Oath in Felghana is the only Ys game I've ever finished
    I got rid of my Trails in the Sky Part 1 CE when parts 2 and 3 were announced to be digital only
    Dang, I wish I'd known you didn't like Celceta, I probably would have given you more than Gamestop at least!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast