Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Summon Night 5 (PSP) - Database of Physical Production Numbers

I thought Thunder Force V was stable.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Oops, I guess I actually paid $40 USD for NM Alundra complete with map. My memory is not at its best today. However, I would easily pay $60 for it if buying it today (though I don't know how difficult it would be to find with the map in such condition for that price).

What PS1 titles have went up in price substantially in the last few years? I can't tell much outside of Alundra, Clock Tower, Elemental Gearbolt, Thunder Force V, RayStorm, RayCrisis, and Ghost in the Shell.

edit: WTF is Vanark?!?!? (I know the answer now, but that was my reaction to it's price)

Also, I have no idea why Koudelka prices seem all over the place (it wasn't difficult to get it CIB & VG for under $40 online not too long ago, though I've probably only seen the game in person once for what it's worth . . . no idea what kind of print run it got).
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 05-13-2016 at 07:49 PM.

R-type Delta is dumb expensive I discovered the other day. Koudelka is still relatively cheap for what a fun game it is. There is an RPG group on Facebook and they seem to hype a new game every other week and the prices just spike like crazy. King's Field and Shadow Tower have been recent casualties, and I feel like the one admin there is seriously like just deliberately driving prices on stuff up so he can flip his own copies.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    R-type Delta is dumb expensive I discovered the other day. Koudelka is still relatively cheap for what a fun game it is. There is an RPG group on Facebook and they seem to hype a new game every other week and the prices just spike like crazy. King's Field and Shadow Tower have been recent casualties, and I feel like the one admin there is seriously like just deliberately driving prices on stuff up so he can flip his own copies.
    Ha, yeah . . . Shadow Tower was around $15 sealed on Amazon until a few years ago. I keep on hoping it will go down, but I haven't seen it used, complete, and in good shape for less than $50 since then.

Quote Originally Posted by mandy_moorehol View Post
    Oops, I guess I actually paid $40 USD for NM Alundra complete with map. My memory is not at its best today. However, I would easily pay $60 for it if buying it today (though I don't know how difficult it would be to find with the map in such condition for that price).

What PS1 titles have went up in price substantially in the last few years? I can't tell much outside of Alundra, Clock Tower, Elemental Gearbolt, Thunder Force V, RayStorm, RayCrisis, and Ghost in the Shell.

edit: WTF is Vanark?!?!? (I know the answer now, but that was my reaction to it's price)

Also, I have no idea why Koudelka prices seem all over the place (it wasn't difficult to get it CIB & VG for under $40 online not too long ago, though I've probably only seen the game in person once for what it's worth . . . no idea what kind of print run it got).
    Well at least I bought these years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Nurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Koudelka used was $60 - $100 or so on eBay and $50 - $130 or so on Amazon when I looked earlier today (even though videogamepricingcharts has a lower figure). I luckily bought it complete in very good condition for $35 around two years ago.
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 05-13-2016 at 11:56 PM.

Once again, I accidentally hit "reply" instead of "edit."

I remember buying it for $20 new several years after coming out and thought it was okay, but it grew on me (sort of had multiple endings depending on whether you used an item in a specific part or not) and the voice acting I felt was pretty good. I sold it for $45 back in 2007/2008 (same period as Suikoden and Valkyrie Profile) and don't regret it much. I did have a chance to get it at Goodwill back in 2011, when I got Tactics Ogre, FF7, among others for $3 each, but I passed.

I think at this point, the hard part is finding all 4 discs in good shape with the case and manual.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I remember buying it for $20 new several years after coming out and thought it was okay, but it grew on me (sort of had multiple endings depending on whether you used an item in a specific part or not) and the voice acting I felt was pretty good. I sold it for $45 back in 2007/2008 (same period as Suikoden and Valkyrie Profile) and don't regret it much. I did have a chance to get it at Goodwill back in 2011, when I got Tactics Ogre, FF7, among others for $3 each, but I passed.

I think at this point, the hard part is finding all 4 discs in good shape with the case and manual.
    Yeah, but not as difficult as finding D with all the discs in good shape, the original disc sleeves for each disc, and the manual (and the weird Sega Saturn type of case it came in not looking like a mess) and people aren't trying to sell that for $100 or more last I knew . . . though of course an FMV horror game may not have as much appeal to collectors as a rather obscure RPG.

It seems that a lot of games go up in price because people like to pretend it's rare (like Earthbound, but with less hype/belated popularity) . . . or some respected YouTube person proclaims it was overlooked.
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 05-14-2016 at 12:40 AM.

Games go up because people are willing to spend the upward trends.

Though this topic is turning into this:

http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/...t=rising+price

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast