Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Summon Night 5 (PSP) - Database of Physical Production Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by mandy_moorehol View Post
    Yeah, but not as difficult as finding D with all the discs in good shape, the original disc sleeves for each disc, and the manual (and the weird Sega Saturn type of case it came in not looking like a mess) and people aren't trying to sell that for $100 or more last I knew . . . though of course an FMV horror game may not have as much appeal to collectors as a rather obscure RPG.
    There's a non-longbox variant for that on the PS1. It's pretty rare I suppose (I'm guessing 10% of D's printrun) and I have no idea how much it'd fetch nowadays, but it's worth having cause longboxes suck so very much. Although the PS1 longbox on that is way better than the Saturn one, the Saturn one is an entirely unique 2 disc case which might be the worst jewel case ever made. You can't open and close it without things popping apart, and if a hinge or something on it breaks on it you can't replace it, it's broken forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar14 View Post
    There's a non-longbox variant for that on the PS1. It's pretty rare I suppose (I'm guessing 10% of D's printrun) and I have no idea how much it'd fetch nowadays, but it's worth having cause longboxes suck so very much. Although the PS1 longbox on that is way better than the Saturn one, the Saturn one is an entirely unique 2 disc case which might be the worst jewel case ever made. You can't open and close it without things popping apart, and if a hinge or something on it breaks on it you can't replace it, it's broken forever.
    I just have the PS1 "longbox" version, but it isn't a standard longbox; it's basically a Sega Saturn case. The PS1 variant you're talking about is a fat jewel case like a lot of PS1 multidisc JRPGs came in. I just looked up pictures of the Saturn version and it does look like a mess. At least the Enemy Zero discs were in seperate sleeves that could be held in place inside of the case (just like "longbox" PS1 D).

I have the Sega Saturn version of "D". I got it for around $20 back before I even had a Sega Saturn. D2 is great on Dreamcast!

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I have the Sega Saturn version of "D". I got it for around $20 back before I even had a Sega Saturn. D2 is great on Dreamcast!
    I love the Laura trilogy.

I bet you do!

Quote Originally Posted by mandy_moorehol View Post
    I just have the PS1 "longbox" version, but it isn't a standard longbox; it's basically a Sega Saturn case. The PS1 variant you're talking about is a fat jewel case like a lot of PS1 multidisc JRPGs came in. I just looked up pictures of the Saturn version and it does look like a mess. At least the Enemy Zero discs were in seperate sleeves that could be held in place inside of the case (just like "longbox" PS1 D).
    I heard some hearsay back in the day that said Sony had production troubles and couldn't keep up on their own longbox style. So they were actually ordering cases off Sega, meaning those are 100% legit Saturn cases

Added my G1 copy from VGP.

@tubsiwub: You have a G2 as well? If so that's makes 3 known currently.
    Last edited by banditwolf; 07-09-2016 at 06:02 PM.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Added my G1 copy from VGP.

@tubsiwub: You have a G2 as well? If so that's makes 3 known currently.
    Yup. Vic confirmed it by moving it to the G2 slot himself in the main post.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    Yup. Vic confirmed it by moving it to the G2 slot himself in the main post.
    Right, I wasn't thinking about those pics.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314