Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 139

Thread: Summon Night 5 (PSP) - Database of Physical Production Numbers

  1. #21
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    In the future, Vic, you can also wrap the packaging in tissue-like paper (look at Pier Solar HD Collector's Edition to get an idea), that way the label can be affixed to that paper, and the inside has the artwork box intact.
    Covering a shipping box with paper is silly. This isn't a product box, it's just a fancy shipping box, specially designed to hold the weird shape combination of the game and soundtrack. I mean, I know people love the box, and I think that's great, but it is just a shipping box that I took to the next level as a cool experience bump for the fans that ordered it.

    But this has given me an idea for a future game package. Muhwahhahaha....

  2. #22
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,260

  3. #23
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,950
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    In the future, Vic, you can also wrap the packaging in tissue-like paper (look at Pier Solar HD Collector's Edition to get an idea), that way the label can be affixed to that paper, and the inside has the artwork box intact.
    But then how do you save the paper? It NEVER ends!!

    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    But this has given me an idea for a future game package. Muhwahhahaha....
    Oh boy....
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  4. #24
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,469
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Covering a shipping box with paper is silly. This isn't a product box, it's just a fancy shipping box, specially designed to hold the weird shape combination of the game and soundtrack. I mean, I know people love the box, and I think that's great, but it is just a shipping box that I took to the next level as a cool experience bump for the fans that ordered it.

    But this has given me an idea for a future game package. Muhwahhahaha....
    At least you didn't do shipping box variants (I hope).

    10+ years later and I'm still sussing out the variants of Growlanser LE, it's like you're a sadist!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  5. #25
    Senior Member zanth1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mandan, ND
    Posts
    2,015
    I'll get my exact number posted later, but I got "A." I remember that much.

  6. #26
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    At least you didn't do shipping box variants (I hope).

    10+ years later and I'm still sussing out the variants of Growlanser LE, it's like you're a sadist!
    I've tried to be a little less crazy (evil?) in that regard, especially where sealed-in-box variants are concerned. It's one of the reasons I decided to make the SN5 poster multi-sided rather than two random insertion art variants. I decided a bunch of disc/coversheet variants plus 2 random poster variants in the same box was too much. It's also the reason I usually put some variant clues like a letter added on the outside of boxes now, too.

  7. #27
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,469
    I just looked at the spreadsheet! A, B, C, D, E, and F?!

    Good lord that's a lot of variants, my wallet is already crying.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  8. #28
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,950
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I just looked at the spreadsheet! A, B, C, D, E, and F?!

    Good lord that's a lot of variants, my wallet is already crying.
    *%*$*#*#*#@@(&#

    Uggg. I hope one I need is whatever VGP has. I was tempted to go for 6 but didn't.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  9. #29
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3
    Added my number and variant to the list.
    I was actually pretty surprised to see it show up today, since I never got a confirmation e-mail.
    I had moved recently, and I wasn't sure which address I used when I ordered. if it was sent to my old address, I probably would have never gotten it!

  10. #30
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    *%*$*#*#*#@@(&#

    Uggg. I hope one I need is whatever VGP has. I was tempted to go for 6 but didn't.
    VGP only has G.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •