Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Summon Night 5 physical version (PSN, too!) - let's discuss

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFirewire View Post
    Holy ****! Even though it may be considered a small thing overall, the thing done with the insert is super cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqiahuvbeI8

In a sense, I kind of wish I had been able to wait for my package to discover it myself, but with everything you've done with this release, my hat goes off to you Vic! While the CoH2 release was nice, versus this release it just seems novel.

The wicked awesome shipping box, the cool holographic unique numbering, the full-colour manual, the variants between boxes, the full soundtrack in jewel case, and every other little thing makes this truly feel like a special release. Let alone the fact that this is a PSP release in 2016 ^^

For the future it'd be super cool if there was some kind of consistent "thing" (like the certificate with CoH2 or the holographic numbering) to make the Gaijinworks library of games feel cohesive. Kind of like something to mark that CoH2 is the first game, CoH2g is the second game, Summon Night 5 is the third game, and so on.

As always, thanks for doing well by the fans and surprising us in making each release you do feel special. ^^
    The coversheet thing I call "quad-sided" because it's essentially a double-sided, double-sided coversheet. Organizing production quantities with the variants based on which way the coversheets were folded was challenging to keep straight. It's the one thing I guarantee another niche pub will copy, if not them all.

The holographic serial numbered sticker is the real constant, the rest changes by project as I try to do something new with each release that no one else has done to maybe jolt the other supposed fan-friendly publishers out of their rote releases that are really boring for the most part. Almost zero imagination in the LE market. I'd rather try to do something new even if I fail to hit the mark, but everyone else seems to be willing just to not try and essentially do the same packages over and over. I'm still constrained by cost concerns because these have been very small releases, but the unannounced PS4 LE will be the chance to really give people something that makes this look as tame as the CoH2 release looks compared to the SN5 one. But we're gonna have to do some big numbers just for LE direct sales to make that LE work (it will also have a regular non premium retail release), probably like 3-4x as much as SN5. I just got a prototype of one of the variants of the pack-ins yesterday and it is really super-cool. Can't wait to share it.

Quote Originally Posted by bearrrrrr View Post
    Hi vic,

Did you receive my address change? My email is ahfoen@gmail.com

Thanks in advance!

Kel
    Hi Vic,

It's actually the third time I'm asking you about the address change confirmation, but I'm just getting ignored. But anyways, did you receive the the address change request? My email is ahfoen@gmail.com.

I've also (just now) send you a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kel

Quote Originally Posted by bearrrrrr View Post
    Hi Vic,

It's actually the third time I'm asking you about the address change confirmation, but I'm just getting ignored. But anyways, did you receive the the address change request? My email is ahfoen@gmail.com.

I've also (just now) send you a PM.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kel
    I didn't personally do it, but I asked. As soon as I'm told tomorrow, I'll let you know. We haven't shipped international yet, so you're not in any danger.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    I didn't personally do it, but I asked. As soon as I'm told tomorrow, I'll let you know. We haven't shipped international yet, so you're not in any danger.
    Thanks! I'll have to wait then!

The coversheet thing I call "quad-sided" because it's essentially a double-sided, double-sided coversheet. Organizing production quantities with the variants based on which way the coversheets were folded was challenging to keep straight. It's the one thing I guarantee another niche pub will copy, if not them all.

The holographic serial numbered sticker is the real constant, the rest changes by project as I try to do something new with each release that no one else has done to maybe jolt the other supposed fan-friendly publishers out of their rote releases that are really boring for the most part. Almost zero imagination in the LE market. I'd rather try to do something new even if I fail to hit the mark, but everyone else seems to be willing just to not try and essentially do the same packages over and over. I'm still constrained by cost concerns because these have been very small releases, but the unannounced PS4 LE will be the chance to really give people something that makes this look as tame as the CoH2 release looks compared to the SN5 one. But we're gonna have to do some big numbers just for LE direct sales to make that LE work (it will also have a regular non premium retail release), probably like 3-4x as much as SN5. I just got a prototype of one of the variants of the pack-ins yesterday and it is really super-cool. Can't wait to share it.
    The "quad-sided" coversheet is also pretty cool since it's literally a double reversible cover of sorts.

So this means we should expect a PS4 release from you sometime in the future? Even though I don't own one yet, I look forward to seeing what it'll be - and hopefully other pubs do start copying you on some of this stuff, I'd love to see some more diversity and more inventive extras in releases across the board - gotta have some way to keep physical releases relevant and exciting!

I look forward to hearing more from you and Gaijinworks in the future.

Hey were any email confirmations sent out? No change of addy or anything like that, but my friend just received his and I haven't. We're both mid-Atlantic too. Just curious

No emails
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Can I get the same clarification too please? I live in Michigan, so I'm probably screwed by now, but I just want to know what happened to it, or if can be held at the post office or something?(if my address wasn't changed)
    Last edited by bobjohnsoon; 04-15-2016 at 12:19 PM.

Mine came. Thanks for still putting them in the cool shipping boxes. I was hoping I'd still get one. Very cool Packaging for sure. I'll check the pic topic and add my numbers later to those topics. Also a BIG thanks for trying to give a variety in the orders.
    5A
    19C
    24D
    37F
    2873E

I just grabbed a 'G1' from VGP. So I just need 'B' & 'G2'. If anyone has those to sell.
    Last edited by banditwolf; 04-15-2016 at 01:29 PM.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Mine came. Thanks for still putting them in the cool shipping boxes. I was hoping I'd still get one. Very cool Packaging for sure. I'll check the pic topic and add my numbers later to those topics. Also a BIG thanks for trying to give a variety in the orders.
    5A
    19C
    24D
    37F
    2873E

I just grabbed a 'G1' from VGP. So I just need 'B' & 'G2'. If anyone has those to sell.
    Wow, that is dedication! Did you end up with any dups of variants, or all unique?

Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast