Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 407

Thread: Summon Night 5 physical version (PSN, too!) - let's discuss

  1. #281
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    It's either the size of the package or else that the value on the shipping label isn't marked down (to a value under 15).

    VGP marks down packages by default, so none of their packages are ever withheld by customs.
    Play-Asia don't mark down by default. But their packages are typically small, increasing the change of them slipping through. Furthermore I think it's a matter of priorities of your customs department. In my country (Belgium) East-Asian packages like Play-Asia's are always withheld, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to pay VAT on any Play-Asia packages of which the value exceeds €22.

    Certainly not someone having a bad day. By law you are obliged to pay VAT on an package from outside of the EU of which the total value exceeds 15/€22. Royal Mail may also charge you an administrative fee on top of that (= their cost to do the declaration for you).
    Related: Did you know that Spriggan 2 is only worth around $2?
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  2. #282
    Senior Member _Zoozbuh_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    It's either the size of the package or else that the value on the shipping label isn't marked down (to a value under 15).

    VGP marks down packages by default, so none of their packages are ever withheld by customs.
    Play-Asia don't mark down by default. But their packages are typically small, increasing the change of them slipping through. Furthermore I think it's a matter of priorities of your customs department. In my country (Belgium) East-Asian packages like Play-Asia's are always withheld, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to pay VAT on any Play-Asia packages of which the value exceeds €22.

    Certainly not someone having a bad day. By law you are obliged to pay VAT on an package from outside of the EU of which the total value exceeds 15/€22. Royal Mail may also charge you an administrative fee on top of that (= their cost to do the declaration for you).
    Good to know... I guess I was just very lucky up 'til now. Even the Atelier Escha Logy Plus limited edition box I ordered from VGP (which was fairly large as well) didn't have any fees. Probably because of the "marking down" you mentioned.

    Oh well, at least I'm not the only international person suffering with customs issues.

  3. #283
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by _Zoozbuh_ View Post
    Good to know... I guess I was just very lucky up 'til now. Even the Atelier Escha Logy Plus limited edition box I ordered from VGP (which was fairly large as well) didn't have any fees. Probably because of the "marking down" you mentioned.

    Oh well, at least I'm not the only international person suffering with customs issues.
    At least they inform you how much it's going to cost you. Here the postman shows up at the door and charges back the amount due. In cash, and they don't have change on their person. If you don't have the money ready, they take your package with them again and you have to go pick it up at the post office the next day (and pay for it there). Sort of like a hostage situation.

    Also it's going to cost me a lot more than 12.25. I'm counting on it to be charged AT LEAST €30 (~24).

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Related: Did you know that Spriggan 2 is only worth around $2?
    Even my customs department buys those super low amounts yamatoku puts on his packages. It's embarassing.
    Last edited by JWiley_12; 05-04-2016 at 07:23 PM.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

  4. #284
    Senior Member ragnar14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    At least they inform you how much it's going to cost you. Here the postman shows up at the door and charges back the amount due. In cash, and they don't have change on their person. If you don't have the money ready, they take your package with them again and you have to go pick it up at the post office the next day (and pay for it there). Sort of like a hostage situation.
    Customs work like that here in Canada too, hostage situation is an apt description. UPS here just randomly shows up demanding money, utterly refuses cash, never mind any argument like "legal tender for all debts public and private" or not even needing change. No credit card on a the spot and they refuse delivery. The 2 people in my house who are here prettymuch 24/7 don't use credit cards.

    Luckily Vic sent SN5 out with USPS which relays parcels to Canada's domestic mail carrier, and Canada Post doesn't even charge customs when parcels are under a certain value (like $100). My same order shipped through UPS likely would've incurred a charge of ~$40CAD per package, and I received 4 packages. Either through luck or understanding Canadian shipping Vic saved me $160

  5. #285
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    4
    I definitely don't want to seem ungrateful and I'm sure you're just busy Vic but I sent a PM as requested back on April 23rd. Should I send another? Don't want to bug you, sure you're very busy, just want to make sure it didn't get lost.

  6. #286
    Senior Member ramzastrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaBing View Post
    I definitely don't want to seem ungrateful and I'm sure you're just busy Vic but I sent a PM as requested back on April 23rd. Should I send another? Don't want to bug you, sure you're very busy, just want to make sure it didn't get lost.
    He probably didn't miss it, he is probably just busy. But I would PM him again, just make sure to reference the earlier message.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

  7. #287
    A poster on another board responded to my whining about my plight and said he ordered two copies, and they were both in the one shipping box. I opened my box, and there were two copies!
    I assumed since I had to pay shipping twice, I'd receive two shipments. Silly me!
    So, uh, Vic, don't bother responding to that PM that you never responded to. Mystery solved!

  8. #288
    Senior Member ragnar14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    1,007
    Quote Originally Posted by some stupid japanese name View Post
    I assumed since I had to pay shipping twice, I'd receive two shipments. Silly me!
    Oh, you silly Its been mentioned numerous times that the shipping boxes perfectly fit either 1 or 2 copies. Try fitting both combinations in there and marvel at the design
    About the cost, heavier boxes cost more to ship. I'm pretty sure what I paid for shipping wouldn't quite cover 1 copy shipping, but 2 together nets a small profit. Balance all the shipping costs over everybody and I'm sure they broke around even.

  9. #289
    I'm not bitching about the shipping, so apologies if that's how you took it. Just saying that I paid twice, so I thought there'd be two boxes.

  10. #290
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar14 View Post
    Oh, you silly Its been mentioned numerous times that the shipping boxes perfectly fit either 1 or 2 copies. Try fitting both combinations in there and marvel at the design
    About the cost, heavier boxes cost more to ship. I'm pretty sure what I paid for shipping wouldn't quite cover 1 copy shipping, but 2 together nets a small profit. Balance all the shipping costs over everybody and I'm sure they broke around even.
    Quote Originally Posted by some stupid japanese name View Post
    I'm not bitching about the shipping, so apologies if that's how you took it. Just saying that I paid twice, so I thought there'd be two boxes.
    Irc Vic already mentioned that they actually lost money on shipping.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Page 29 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •