Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: GaijinWorks to bring Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (PS4/PSVita) stateside.

Quote Originally Posted by -Vycoul- View Post
    Same. Usually the main thing that brings me here is to check localization news. Wiley's posts are kinda a godsend to me because sites that report on localization news also report on other things that I wish to... no, that I must avoid. At least for a few more years. /mysterious

As for this game, I need to take a closer look at this series before I can say I'm excited about it. But I am excited about GaijinWorks getting games released in Gamestop and Best Buy! Nice going Vic!
    Same here. The Wiley feed is my best friend, though sometimes I think I am able to beat him on a post just to find out I was too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Aww man, looks like I'm going to have to finally fork over the cash for that physical release before the hype of SN6 takes the last of them... I was hoping for one more pay check. :-P

Also, just to be clear... I haven't played any SN game, but am already pretty well hyped for SN6!

Sweet, nice on Vic to get this! I hope the exclusive LE is a PS4/Vita bundle pack. I'm also surprised at the amount of stuff being done. English dub? Damn they are going all out. Retail release is big too. Hoping this is where it starts to pick up big time for GW.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDerek View Post
    Aww man, looks like I'm going to have to finally fork over the cash for that physical release before the hype of SN6 takes the last of them... I was hoping for one more pay check. :-P

Also, just to be clear... I haven't played any SN game, but am already pretty well hyped for SN6!
    Since you like rpgs, I'd check out the Swordcraft Story games. Not mainline, but fun. GBA.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I honestly didn't expect Gaijinworks to be the ones to bring this west. I figured it would be Namco for sure! Will standard edition physical copies only be available through the Gaijinworks website? Or at retail too? Anyways i am stoked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    scanning getmasu and gamefaqs, already so many complaining that GW is doing the translation. XD
    I guess I'm uninitiated, can anyone tell me why anyone would complain about this? I'm at a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Since you like rpgs, I'd check out the Swordcraft Story games. Not mainline, but fun. GBA.
    Will check it out.

I guess I'm uninitiated, can anyone tell me why anyone would complain about this? I'm at a loss.
    This could fill a book. The short answer is that it is residual bitterness from the Working Designs days.

Will check it out.
    They should be fairly cheap loose, but I haven't looked in awhile.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamasura View Post
    I honestly didn't expect Gaijinworks to be the ones to bring this west. I figured it would be Namco for sure! Will standard edition physical copies only be available through the Gaijinworks website? Or at retail too? Anyways i am stoked!!!
    I think we'll have to see what Vic says. And the current timeline is early 2017, so that could easily be pushed back or things change a little by then.

There is always quite a bit of complaining about the translations since CoH2 was announced. As Gypsy said, it seems to be from WD days but as with anything now people find the smallest things to complain over. Like the use of the word 'midget' and 'HAMMER TIME'.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Like the use of the word 'midget' and 'HAMMER TIME'.
    Ohhhh, I think I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down. So it's mostly just those kinds of people then. Gotcha.

Well, I'm glad GW Got SN6. Can't wait!

Ohhhh, I think I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down. So it's mostly just those kinds of people then. Gotcha.

Well, I'm glad GW Got SN6. Can't wait!
    Some have to do with pop culture references, like the bill clinton joke and "can you smell what the rock is cooking" and double entendres. All these people that don't speak Japanese want word for word translations and don't really understand why it doesn't work.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast