Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 654

Thread: GaijinWorks to bring Summon Night 6: Lost Borders (PS4/PSVita) stateside.

  1. #301
    is there a picture of the fully unfolded poster?

  2. #302
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post

    Related: fighting game manuals are typically worthless because they almost never include the full move list.
    In the old days, I think that was done on purpose, just to have "secret" moves that you could use to show off to your friends. Made your friends go "Oh man how'd you do THAT?!". Specially true in games like Mortal Kombat with the Fatalities. These day though, all you gotta do is hit pause in game and look at the Command list. Even so, some dedicated companies still make manuals for their fighters. Most recent that come to mind are Nitroplus Blasterz and Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator. I was surprised both have full colour manuals with complete movelists for all the characters. Meanwhile, Street Fighter V had no manual at all, lmao.

  3. #303
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,944
    Also, there would be no reason to sell a guide for them either.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  4. #304
    Senior Member Best1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Interstellar Funk Space Station
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
    Meanwhile, Street Fighter V had no manual at all, lmao.
    Did SFV had something at launch time?

  5. #305
    I preordered it even though I don't own a ps4 yet nor do I intend to for at least 2 years due to back logging. Gotta support the company though!

  6. #306
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Muyguapogrant View Post
    I preordered it even though I don't own a ps4 yet nor do I intend to for at least 2 years due to back logging. Gotta support the company though!
    Your support is appreciated!

  7. #307
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
    In the old days, I think that was done on purpose, just to have "secret" moves that you could use to show off to your friends. Made your friends go "Oh man how'd you do THAT?!". Specially true in games like Mortal Kombat with the Fatalities. These day though, all you gotta do is hit pause in game and look at the Command list. Even so, some dedicated companies still make manuals for their fighters. Most recent that come to mind are Nitroplus Blasterz and Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator. I was surprised both have full colour manuals with complete movelists for all the characters. Meanwhile, Street Fighter V had no manual at all, lmao.
    It was definitely intentional bitd imo. I mostly agree with what banditwolf said in that regard. Some older games did the look at all your moves while pausing thing as well. Either way, everything is already compiled online very quickly now so that is nice.

    I mostly like older fighters, but Xrd Revelator looks sweet. My brother always kicks my butt in Guilty Gear though. XD

    No surprise from Capcom, haha.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  8. #308
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,944
    How about for the Vita WE we got a basic strategy guide instead of something else (not the plushie, I want that).
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  9. #309
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Well, in the darkest hour, hope springs eternal, but it's been pretty quiet on that front for at least the last 6-8 months, so I don't know if it's going to happen. I think the odds are tilting more towards not, now, but I still have hope.
    Thanks for the confirmation Vic, guess I'll pick up Silhoutte Mirage on JPN PSN then.

    I think my question got overlooked about Monkeypaw games. So I'll ask again.

    Btw, are you or John (Monkeypaw) planning on anymore PS1 releases?

    I saw many of the Arcade Hits releases (was mainly looking at Arcade Hits Soukyu-Gurentai) as I already own Shienryu aka Gekioh Shooting King.

    Also any plans on....
    PS2
    Silpheed: The Lost Planet

  10. #310
    Senior Member ramzastrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    3,001
    I pre-ordered 1 on Monday, might pre-order a 2nd before the early bird is up, but that price tag is rough. I would also echo wanting a Vita LE, but that is more for collecting purposes than playing. I am assuming that performance will be better on PS4, so that is likely where I will play the game.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Page 31 of 66 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •