Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 110

Thread: Persona 5 "Take your Heart" Premium Edition $89.99, Release: 2-14-2017

  1. #11
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,300
    dual audio didn't get popular until this last generation of consoles. Sure, the disc space could have allowed it, but we're getting the game, in English. Not in a language none of us would be able to understand to make it more "authentic".

  2. #12
    Senior Member ramzastrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    I feel like we already knew it wouldn't be dual voice like 6 months ago, or at least "knew" that it wouldn't be. But apparently, this "news" is crushing to people (referring to the internet as a whole here).
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

  3. #13
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,836
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

    Don't buy this garbage!

  4. #14
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    dual audio didn't get popular until this last generation of consoles. Sure, the disc space could have allowed it, but we're getting the game, in English. Not in a language none of us would be able to understand to make it more "authentic".
    Yeah, because everybody understands English, lol. How colonial of you.

    Honestly, English subs are MORE THAN SUFFICIENT to make it understandable to an English-speaking audience. And it's cheaper too for the publisher!

    I prefer Japanese dubs not because it makes it more "authentic" (it actually does, but let's not get into that). I prefer Japanese dubs, because I think many of those American voice actors sound incredibly childish and cheesy. It makes me want to turn off the dubs alltogether.

    Not saying there isn't quality American VA out there. But a lot of it is just cringe worthy.
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

  5. #15
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    And the Japanese dub is better? LOL. Didn't take you for a super weeb Wiley.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  6. #16
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,300
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Yeah, because everybody understands English, lol. How colonial of you.

    Honestly, English subs are MORE THAN SUFFICIENT to make it understandable to an English-speaking audience. And it's cheaper too for the publisher!

    I prefer Japanese dubs not because it makes it more "authentic" (it actually does, but let's not get into that). I prefer Japanese dubs, because I think many of those American voice actors sound incredibly childish and cheesy. It makes me want to turn off the dubs alltogether.

    Not saying there isn't quality American VA out there. But a lot of it is just cringe worthy.
    I'm talking about games released in the NTSC US/Americas regions that sole English dubs are perfectly fine for.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,836
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Yeah, because everybody understands English, lol. How colonial of you.

    Honestly, English subs are MORE THAN SUFFICIENT to make it understandable to an English-speaking audience. And it's cheaper too for the publisher!

    I prefer Japanese dubs not because it makes it more "authentic" (it actually does, but let's not get into that). I prefer Japanese dubs, because I think many of those American voice actors sound incredibly childish and cheesy. It makes me want to turn off the dubs alltogether.

    Not saying there isn't quality American VA out there. But a lot of it is just cringe worthy.
    Sometimes it seems to be the opposite. Apparently licensing a game doesn't license you all the audio used in that game <___>.

    Yakuza is the only recent Japanese VO work in games and anime I haven't been annoyed by.

  8. #18
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I'm talking about games released in the NTSC US/Americas regions that sole English dubs are perfectly fine for.
    Dude, it doesn't work that way. :-/ All international releases typically get the same English dubs.

    If for whatever reason the Americas get a lame American English dub, Europe gets that exact same dub in the PAL/European territory shoved up their throats.

    And because Atlus hates Europe, we will always get leftovers from 'Murica. If we get the game at all...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    And the Japanese dub is better? LOL. Didn't take you for a super weeb Wiley.
    This has nothing to do with weeaboos. An English language sub is more than enough to enjoy a game. What do you need the dub for?
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

  9. #19
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    Dude, it doesn't work that way. :-/ All international releases typically get the same English dubs.

    If for whatever reason the Americas get a lame American English dub, Europe gets that exact same dub in the PAL/European territory shoved up their throats.

    And because Atlus hates Europe, we will always get leftovers from 'Murica. If we get the game at all...
    You could always import a Japanese copy.

    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    This has nothing to do with weeaboos. An English language sub is more than enough to enjoy a game. What do you need the dub for?
    I don't require voiced audio at all and I feel that ideally dual audio is available so everyone can be happy. I'm just giving you crap for liking Japanese va but you know that.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •