Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 659

Thread: Off-Topic Stories

  1. #21
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,066
    I am missing maybe 20 feedback total, and that's after messaging the person once a week, or daily, with no response. I had another account at one point that had over 100 feedback, but that got restricted, early 2000s. Can't remember why.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Tubsiwub's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,105
    I remember not being allowed to list more than 10 items which was a heavy deterrent for me from using Ebay at all.

    However, I like the low percentages they take from sales, so it's far better than Amazon. Unless someone can explain Amazon to me.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    I remember not being allowed to list more than 10 items which was a heavy deterrent for me from using Ebay at all.

    However, I like the low percentages they take from sales, so it's far better than Amazon. Unless someone can explain Amazon to me.
    You are correct Amazon has higher fees. It's why the marketplace prices are inflated there. I find that most things I can sell online w/o either site.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Tubsiwub's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    You are correct Amazon has higher fees. It's why the marketplace prices are inflated there. I find that most things I can sell online w/o either site.
    But I'm too laaaazy...! I don't have the time anymore to hang out on trade sites, sadly.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,273
    Yeah that's a positive of Amazon/Ebay of course. That you have something listed in a way where it can be immediately bought and paid for. So that's your option if you can't do it elsewhere due to time constraints (which I do understand) and don't want to take it up the butt from a video game store.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Tubsiwub's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,105
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah that's a positive of Amazon/Ebay of course. That you have something listed in a way where it can be immediately bought and paid for. So that's your option if you can't do it elsewhere due to time constraints (which I do understand) and don't want to take it up the butt from a video game store.
    "Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance? I'll give ya ten bucks for it."

    Freakin' pawn shops...

  7. #27
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Which is fair. I wait because I don't want to leave feedback for someone that might screw me. Honestly Ebay is a pain, but sometimes it's the only place to get good money for something.
    I'm the same way. To be quite honest, I think I stopped giving feedback to other people regularly and will only do it like every 3-4 months if I remember.

    Pretty horrible I know, but once you're over like 100 feedback much more doesn't really matter to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    "Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance? I'll give ya ten bucks for it."

    Freakin' pawn shops...
    Haaaaa. I don't think anywhere here would be that bad, but maybe.

    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I'm the same way. To be quite honest, I think I stopped giving feedback to other people regularly and will only do it like every 3-4 months if I remember.

    Pretty horrible I know, but once you're over like 100 feedback much more doesn't really matter to me.
    I will admit I typically don't care as much when I'm buying from a mega seller.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  9. #29
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,386
    Was thinking of playing some H.E.R.O. today. I opened up my box of Atari 2600 games / system today. Smelled like cigarettes and a 1970's American car. I'm not a smoker. Not sure why none of the other game boxes smell like that. Totally weird. Maybe it's my Vader console. I don't think that the 6-switch smells like that (not in that box). I think that Atari systems and games are just permeated with older times. Maybe it's just that old 1970's cars always smelled of cigarettes and plastic? I have tons of second-hand games and the Atari is the only one that never changes.

    I don't think that I have a picture of my Vader console, but here's the 6-switch for the fun of it.


  10. #30
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,899
    Mine is the same one I think. Gotta love that woodgrain.
    Possible that game is from someone else. I picked up a N64 and games a few years back. The system smelled of smoke but the games didn't.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •