Page 247 of 310 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3095

Thread: General thread for gaming news that doesn't deserve its own thread.

  1. #2461
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Yakuza 5 was so popular that it didn't get a physical release.

    You might be missing my point. I'm not saying that it's a bad game and undeserving of its "cult status". I'm just saying that it's not selling as many copies as most games on that list.
    Ok, I admit I'm speaking out of ignorance
    But, they did go through the trouble and expenditure to translate and localize the game. That means something at least. The fact its digital only doesn't mean squat

    Sega Sammy is a corporate, isn't it? they'll do stuff like that if they think it'll save money.

    You ARE the guy who was grousing about a super duper deluxe CE square soft game coming with a digital only code instead of a disc as I recall

  2. #2462
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    3,4 and 5 are getting PS4 releases. Hoping those get released physically in the west.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  3. #2463
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,510
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    Ok, I admit I'm speaking out of ignorance
    But, they did go through the trouble and expenditure to translate and localize the game. That means something at least. The fact its digital only doesn't mean squat

    Sega Sammy is a corporate, isn't it? they'll do stuff like that if they think it'll save money.

    You ARE the guy who was grousing about a super duper deluxe CE square soft game coming with a digital only code instead of a disc as I recall
    Pretty sure that I only commented that it was stupid to release a CE with a digital code, so not sure what your point is. I didn't buy either game.

    Translating a game to English isn't like some big job or anything. Most low coast localizations have Japanese voice acting and subtitles, so Yakuza is practically an excuse to half-ass it.

  4. #2464
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Yeah, the fans want Japanese language anyway. So it's text only which is a lot easier.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  5. #2465
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Yeah, the fans want Japanese language anyway. So it's text only which is a lot easier.
    I'd agree with that. The English in the first game was atrocious but more in line with the times. They could never imagine that it made more sense to simply subtitle some games.

  6. #2466
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I'd agree with that. The English in the first game was atrocious but more in line with the times. They could never imagine that it made more sense to simply subtitle some games.
    I wouldn't hate a dub now, but they are fine as is. They are obviously VERY Japanese games. You are right about the dub of the first game, lol.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  7. #2467
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    916
    https://gematsu.com/2018/06/square-e...-player-survey
    Square Enix doing another Survey.

    Told them to make more Legacy of Kain, Gex, and Anachronox.
    Forgot to tell them to make a New Star Ocean like the first 3 as well as tell them to have Yoko Taro be the one to make Final Fantasy 16.
    I'm disappointed in myself for that.
    Sanity is the Lie, There is only Madness.

  8. #2468
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,510
    Quote Originally Posted by Kou The Mad View Post
    https://gematsu.com/2018/06/square-e...-player-survey
    Square Enix doing another Survey.

    Told them to make more Legacy of Kain, Gex, and Anachronox.
    Forgot to tell them to make a New Star Ocean like the first 3 as well as tell them to have Yoko Taro be the one to make Final Fantasy 16.
    I'm disappointed in myself for that.
    Yoko Taro can piss off. Automata is craptacular, and Drakengard 3 was barely passable by today's standards. That means that he made two bad games, a cult hit that had a lot of problems but was pretty good at some things and average at everything else (Nier), and some brilliant disaster that seemed to work out well (Drakengard).
    Last edited by zborgerd; 06-28-2018 at 04:40 AM.

  9. #2469
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    916
    ......What even the heck is the new Shaq Fu game?
    Sanity is the Lie, There is only Madness.

  10. #2470
    Senior Member Best1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Interstellar Funk Space Station
    Posts
    3,008
    A masterpiece.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •