Thread: Class Of Heroes 2 - Finished the game? (here be spoilers)

Cool Class Of Heroes 2 - Finished the game? (here be spoilers)

For those of us who have finished the main story line (credits scroll) or more.

So, what did you think?

Did you see the twist coming?

How did you like revisiting the world of CoH1?

Have you finished the post-game dungeons too?

I beat the main story two days ago and finished the post-game dungeons yesterday.

I didn't see Pahne & Dante's betrayal coming at all. I fact I was wondering when the real plot would start as almost the whole world map was revealed already.

Seeing ms. Yuno again was a nice surprise, as were the other students hanging out in the dungeons in that world. I would have liked it if the other schools were restored too and would offer some quests or something.

I don't really understand why Dante's sister was in the story at all. She didn't really have any role.

The Summoner's Seraphim summon is really overpowered for most of the game. Even the big bosses rarely get more than one turn.

I missed turning in the Unopened Treasure quest before it was erased, so I'm missing that boss monster in my list. There also seems to be one regular monster (#105) unavailable in the game according to the Japanese wiki. That's one achievement no one can get then. Other than those two I have all the monsters in the list now.

Like Scy (from NeoGAF), I have all the maps completed, but still have only 99% map completion. That's another achievement unattainable.

I'm currently grinding monsters to get the monster achievements. Only Dragons and Fish to go. Money will probably pass 10M while doing that too.
    Not sure if I want to keep going for level 80 (then again, my Berzerker is now lv72..).

Items fortunately don't count for an achievement, but I've been ticking off stuff in the Item List anyway. I'm at 31% now, without any of the rebirth stuff.

Oh, in case you're interested, you can fight the final post-game boss again if you want by going to the top of Tower Of God. He says he's bored
    Last edited by Kimiko_0; 06-13-2013 at 07:56 PM.

As soon as I heard there were cameos from CoH1, I was pretty sure we'd get to see Ms. Yuno and Nina again, so that was no surprise. Pahne and Dante's betrayal was a surprise (don't know why everyone still keeps calling them Ms. and Mr. after that!), and I was really disappointed since I liked them both a lot XD Completely called Bit's though; there was one line he had that really stuck out at me, so I was certain he was going to betray the team. I thought Pahne was holding Milano over Dante's head to ensure his cooperation with the scheme, or at least that's what Olive seems to think--that's why she ran to get her hoping that seeing her safe and sound would make him come over to the right side.
    Last edited by Lirishae; 06-13-2013 at 10:46 PM.
    "Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." — Grimsley, Pokémon Black/White 2

You guys are kidding, right? I knew Pahne was up to something when you had to get the Zombie Powder and Dragon Orbs, Dante wasn't such a bad guy after all, and that Bit was the fourth Heavenly Ruler. The story beats the first game's by a milestone but it was still pretty predictable IMHO. Post-game felt a lot weaker than the first games because it's simply "Oh hey, go explore these new dungeons and grab some MacGuffins". In CoH1, you still had stuff to do and had to refight Demoria.

Currently trying to make a new party so I can get 100% Quest Completion on a new game.
    Last edited by Nickscor; 06-13-2013 at 10:49 PM.

Well, in all fairness, Pahne tells you that she wants the zombie powder to advance curse-breaking arts at the same time Panna is asking you to go get a Dark Dragon to curse you so she can try to advance her own curse-breaking skills. When Panna seemed awkward around Pahne, I thought they had some sort of history, like Panna was responsible for someone Pahne cared about getting cursed and they were both trying to break it or something. That Dante wasn't such a bad guy was also obvious from the jump; blatant jerks often wind up showing a softer side, and from his first speech, it's pretty obvious he was just being harsh on the students to protect them.

Pahne was a pretty stereotypical villain unfortunately, with no elaboration on her backstory or motives. Why exactly did she want to become so powerful? How did she become a Fallen Angel? Why did she end up in a high position with Barbaresco? Was she out to betray her from the beginning and the queen was too arrogant to notice, or did something change? She gets points for being genre-savvy enough to know that leaving the party alive is a huge mistake, though. xD
    "Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you're given. It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt." — Grimsley, Pokémon Black/White 2

Quote Originally Posted by Nickscor View Post
    You guys are kidding, right? I knew Pahne was up to something when you had to get the Zombie Powder and Dragon Orbs, Dante wasn't such a bad guy after all, and that Bit was the fourth Heavenly Ruler. The story beats the first game's by a milestone but it was still pretty predictable IMHO. Post-game felt a lot weaker than the first games because it's simply "Oh hey, go explore these new dungeons and grab some MacGuffins". In CoH1, you still had stuff to do and had to refight Demoria.

Currently trying to make a new party so I can get 100% Quest Completion on a new game.
    Yeah, I think they kind of rolled what they originally planned as a new game+ back into the game as the "other world" stuff, so the final dungeon crawl felt more tacked on. I really liked the regular ending most - the confrontation between the students and Pahne/Dante was fantastic fun to write. But on the flipside, the new game+ ending seemed too convenient and trope-y. Still, a minor complaint for a game that's a huge improvement over the first. CoH3 is even better.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Yeah, I think they kind of rolled what they originally planned as a new game+ back into the game as the "other world" stuff, so the final dungeon crawl felt more tacked on. I really liked the regular ending most - the confrontation between the students and Pahne/Dante was fantastic fun to write. But on the flipside, the new game+ ending seemed too convenient and trope-y. Still, a minor complaint for a game that's a huge improvement over the first. CoH3 is even better.
    I convinced myself to not watch any CoH3 gameplay videos until I beat 2. That didn't take long, and I'm really looking forward to it. A quick question: Will there be a change to the Affinity system? I've seen some vids where there's 2 Celestians and a Diablos on the same party and I'm just like "No! That's wrong!".

Quote Originally Posted by Nickscor View Post
    I convinced myself to not watch any CoH3 gameplay videos until I beat 2. That didn't take long, and I'm really looking forward to it. A quick question: Will there be a change to the Affinity system? I've seen some vids where there's 2 Celestians and a Diablos on the same party and I'm just like "No! That's wrong!".
    Won't know that until we get into the nuts and bolts of the source - but it does seem "wrong. "