Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you play other peoples's game files?

TempestOne
    Oh my God, I'm so sorry I didn't see your comment. Whenever I play/rent again someone always deletes my file.

If I was renting I would just knock out the oldest one. Once I buy a game I don't care though and will remove them all.

Except one. I got a copy of Chrono Trigger that someone had obviously poured a lot of time into and kept the save. Rainbow Sword, helms and dress, multiple playthroughs with awesome characters. I actually swapped the PCB from that into my keeper copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

TempestOne
    Does oldest one denote the number in the file name like #4 would be the oldest? Or does oldest just mean length of time they spent in-game on the videogame file? Lol. Lol, How cool. I do that too sometimes just keeping other peoples's saves. If I had a master save file of all my RPG Adventures's that'd be gr-reat. Lol, at the Rainbow shell quest, y'all. Yeah. Oh ok, that sounds cool. I'm replaying Chrono Trigger right now, my favorite part was always the jail-celly scene.

TempestOne
    I had a thought on this today.

How to save your Super Nintendo Entertainment System RPG file at Rental Video (Game) Stores?

TempestOne
    Quote Originally Posted by TempestOne View Post
    I had a thought on this today.

How to save your Super Nintendo Entertainment System RPG file at Rental Video (Game) Stores?
    I always had a problem with this because I would always try to finish an RPG obviously and then whenever I'd return the video game and get it again they deleted my save file or something? I always thought that was so awkward and I always thought that was so weird. Maybe I exaggerated when I said we left each other notes but I specifically remember something like that happening. Or, is that what the backs of those Notes Sections are for in, on the Instruction Manuals? I always thought Blockbusters's was always pretty good about my inane questions about the RPGs's and video games they carried. It was always such a big store to me but I wondered if they ever cared that my save file would mysteriously go missing after only a week or a few days of my rental being out. Because I remember you can only rent it for a couple of days. ..

I'd always feel so weird whenever I was into an RPG I had and then my save file would be mysteriously missing on the game cartridge. I was glad to have an instruction manual and the game cartridge and I really liked the pre-packageing or whatever manufacturing of the game/videogame.

This was always a big deal, a big hassell and a concern to me on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System growing up.

I always wondered why they would pick my save to delete when there's usually four save slots usually most of the time. The Korean Video-~Game Store would have a local group or a local group/crowd and it'd be much smaller, and I can get a save in, a good save in or a good RPG run through for a short time on a really rare, Asian Japanese import title, or a long run through on a major title like Final Fantasy I suppose or Chrono Trigger or Dragonball or Sega CD/Mega CD rentals.

Did Blockbusters's ever have gameing consoles for rentals?
    I remember smaller, local-er places did, like mine did or whatever I remember from that place.

I remember I would ask them questions about how to save on the Sega Saturn or Sega CD a lot.

Tempest, you definitely think things that I think right over (if that makes any sense). Anyways I kinda like this topic, because I too am, sometimes, put in the position of destroying progress and memories.

This is actually one of the main reasons I love collecting for the DS. When you accumulate stacks of DS games like I have you also start to notice piles of ghosts from gamers-past. What do I do with them? Well sometimes I explore, when I'm feeling curious. Other times when forced I destroy them (not unlike Luigi and his vacuum). In all seriousness if it's a game I know I'm probably not going to play, and the person who has played it before me got really far or beat the game, I just leave it. If there are multiple save spots I always pick the spot that is empty and if there isn't one I delete the save with the least amount of time.

Don't even get me started on Pokemon games xD I usually trade off a good number of the Pokemon with custom names and start a new game to trade them back on. So a can preserve a piece of that memory/effort.

TempestOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker4u View Post
    Tempest, you definitely think things that I think right over (if that makes any sense). Anyways I kinda like this topic, because I too am, sometimes, put in the position of destroying progress and memories.

This is actually one of the main reasons I love collecting for the DS. When you accumulate stacks of DS games like I have you also start to notice piles of ghosts from gamers-past. What do I do with them? Well sometimes I explore, when I'm feeling curious. Other times when forced I destroy them (not unlike Luigi and his vacuum). In all seriousness if it's a game I know I'm probably not going to play, and the person who has played it before me got really far or beat the game, I just leave it. If there are multiple save spots I always pick the spot that is empty and if there isn't one I delete the save with the least amount of time.

Don't even get me started on Pokemon games xD I usually trade off a good number of the Pokemon with custom names and start a new game to trade them back on. So a can preserve a piece of that memory/effort.
    Rainmaker4u, thanks for being nice to me. I thought it was gonna be another poster like yelling at me through my Windows, again.
    Do I really? I thought it was just me being OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), again? I know, I like this topic too and I don't want to let it go, I hateraide being put in the position to have to choose which save slot file to delete just to make room for myself on an RPG on the Super Nintendo Entertainment System, at a Rental Store? I used to get so tired, or I used to feel so faint or whatever whenever I had to delete someone's save file just for myself, I felt so selfish, or something, but, it was just apart of the RPG, or that's just the way the ball bounces! I feel so stupid whenever I mull about things like this, or stuff like this to myself. I looked the word up and I hope I don't come off like I am sullen or sullenly doing things.

Yeah, I wish you can put all your saves onto your own Personal Save In Reals Lifes.

Yeah, I know right. If I got a cartrige or game cartridge where someone finished the game or perfected it and left it in the First Save Slot, I'd totally leave it, too. Yeah, I always just pick slot #2 next basically is what you said. Oh, you go for the save slot file with the least amount of time; I straight up knock out the last one down the list which is usually #4th one in American-standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainmaker4u View Post

Your post reminded me of this:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859885

Also this tear jerker (referenced in the thread above too):
    http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comic/...imal-crossing/
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Your post reminded me of this:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=859885

Also this tear jerker (referenced in the thread above too):
    http://www.duelinganalogs.com/comic/...imal-crossing/
    I've read the first one before, but the second one got me. A long time ago I stopped playing my N64, but more recently I've been getting back into some of the games that I'd forgotten about. So I popped in Smash64 and proceeded to demolish all of my old BtT scores except for one which was Pikachu's course. The time was lower than all of the others and I wasn't able to beat it my first try. I thought about how much time I must've spent as a kid trying to get that record. When I finally was able to figure out a faster way to win. I didn't break the last target and instead quit to preserve that memory. The first story you posted reminded me about that whole experience so I thought to share.

TempestOne
    "Got really far?" What does that mean? Or what does that denote?

Yeah, I do the same thing with my saves but if it's between Save #1 and Save #2, sometimes I'll delete Save #2 even if the time is longer in the game file.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast