Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Cold Loads.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I've had old computers back in the day and they've always worked, even with the stock HDDs.
    Young kid with no budget.

You had no budget?

TempestOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    Heh, that was almost 20 years ago. I wouldn't put up with something like that these days. I beat all of FF7 disc 2 and 3 like that
    I guess I was pretty patient.

I was going through my notes I have in my Reals Lifes and I found my own definition in an old journal I just found online:

Video Games
    A "Cold Load" is when the videogame isn't giving you what you want and you have to reset or just continue and just forget it.

TempestOne
    I have a list of cold loads. Here's another one:
    What if you miss a physical hit and the enemy hits you and you die on the first battle? That's a cold load. Imagine selecting Free Will and dying?

So you select to hit the enemy with a physical attack and they dodge or it misses and the enemy hits you with a counter-attack or they go first on the next turn and they hit you and you die before you get an attack in or Defend doesn't totally work. Is this a cold load? In Suikoden, imagine selecting Free Will and dying?

Final/Desperation Attack missing is really annoying.

Secret Hunt doesn't open up the Fur Shops in Chapter 1.

Why would you use Echo Grass to cast Regen?
    You need Echo Grass to cure the Mute that you need to cast Regen.

That's a cold load and a very abstract theory.

Because you're dealing with magic and a tangible item. That's alchemy that you don't want to talk about.

I used to think Echo Grass was the most important item because enemies
    Would mute my early magicians if I just made them into them.

Not being able to reset your own status is a cold load.
    That bothers me.

The sweeping motion in Tetris is a cold load.
    Last edited by TempestOne; 10-31-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestOne View Post
    I was going through my notes I have in my Reals Lifes and I found my own definition in an old journal I just found online:
    I see that this has been a very important topic on your mind since a long time ago.

TempestOne
    Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    I see that this has been a very important topic on your mind since a long time ago.
    I don't know where I came up with this. I was just thinking about it one day and made a list of random moments in RPG's that I found interesting. I have a few more if you're interested.....

Using Pecoros is a cold load because you can see past him compared to Garr. Especially during puzzles.
    Not having enough memory on your memory card to save.
    The Auction House not giving you what you want. Shadow taking your only pair of Sprint Shoes along with him when he leaves your party suddenly, or randomly sometimes. Or, taking an Esper with him, usually Seraphaem. Forgetting to always put Strago in your party.
    Disc 1 is a cold load. You can never go back to disc one.
    Accidentally sending a Red Jewel away in Illusion Of Gaia.

TempestOne
    There was nothing in the Chocobo's Stable when I visited in the continent of Narshe/Figaro Castle. ("Oh, my Hero!!!") Is that a cold load?

I pet a stuffed animal for 4 hours straight and my hand has rug burn. Is that a cold load?

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    I realized too late that the dame was a cold load sent to put me on ice...

When I was doing Chocobo breeding in FF7 back in the day there was many a cold load.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast