Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Cold Loads.

Just had to get a new one myself. 20+ yo kenmore.
    Lot of COLD loads we're having.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    My clothes washer is not working correctly and it agitates the laundry during the fill cycle while washing cold loads. It is normally a symptom of a defective temperature switch, as it also has a water level sensor within it as well.

I tapped it several times and switched it between cold and hot several times and then set it to wash a hot load. Now it's working. Remains to be seen if it works again during a cold load. If not, I will have to replace the switch. The part runs about $90.
    Talk about a cold load. Here's hoping it's an easy replacement if it's needed. Our oven went a while back and replacement would've been expensive and a pain. It needed a new temp. sensor and a control board if I remember right.
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 01-20-2018 at 03:19 PM.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    What model washing machine? I'll be honest I look at getting new ones sometimes, but this Kenmore 80 series has been a heck of a champ and whenever it breaks it's normally something easy/cheap to fix.
    Maytag MVWC7ESWW0. It's really a Whirlpool, with Maytag branding, since they own them now. Whirlpool also makes many Kenmore appliances, so it wouldn't surprise me if your is related somehow.

I've had massive issues with many Kenmore appliances, notably the Electrolux products (induction cooktop) and a Whirlpool-made dishwasher, but at least it's made me understand how they all work when I've had to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Talk about a cold load. Here's hoping it's an easy replacement if it's needed. Our oven went a while back and replacement would've been expensive and a pain. It needed a new temp. sensor and a control board if I remember right.
    Those control boards can easily top $150 or more. At some point there is a point of diminishing returns. I've replaced several boards in a cooktop, bake elements and other parts in my oven, and sumps in leaky dishwashers. It's not like it was all old stuff either. We are talking 2-4 years before things started to fail. These things are just made to be disposable today. At least prices keep going down but it's still annoying to have something leak all over a nice floor. I might as well start my own appliance repair business at this point.

I bought a new dishwasher a year ago and again, it started leaking like a week out of warranty. I just have been washing my dishes until I feel like pulling it out to fix it. I think that it's just a line that circulates the water. Maybe a loose clamp or something dumb. It had a loose clamp on a hose when I bought it as well, and it was fixed by the service guy under warranty. Poor quality control.

Clothes washers look really intimidating but after viewing the diagrams and the service instructions, they appear to be surprisingly simple in design.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 01-20-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Maytag MVWC7ESWW0. It's really a Whirlpool, with Maytag branding, since they own them now. Whirlpool also makes many Kenmore appliances, so it wouldn't surprise me if your is related somehow..
    I noticed that when looking, pretty much all that most stores carry anywhere nearby aside from one store that I found.
    Ended up with Maytag, mostly was due to trying to get certain things on it. Overall I like it so far but does have a couple annoyances which it seems is standard anymore.

Those control boards can easily top $150 or more. At some point there is a point of diminishing returns. I've replaced several boards in a cooktop, bake elements and other parts in my oven, and sumps in leaky dishwashers. It's not like it was all old stuff either. We are talking 2-4 years before things started to fail. These things are just made to be disposable today. At least prices keep going down but it's still annoying to have something leak all over a nice floor. I might as well start my own appliance repair business at this point.

Clothes washers look really intimidating but after viewing the diagrams and the service instructions, they appear to be surprisingly simple in design.
    That was the real reluctance to getting a new washer. Been repairing things on it for years but seemed to reach that point finally. Was making klunk noises during spin cycle. Seemed to be the transmission.

The oven/cooktop seems to have held up the best. Just the occasional element needing replaced.

Also had to get a new microwave recently as well. Previous one was really old. No way the new plastic one will last as long.
    GW Villan HQ Crew

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    That was the real reluctance to getting a new washer. Been repairing things on it for years but seemed to reach that point finally. Was making klunk noises during spin cycle. Seemed to be the transmission.
    It was actually the motor coupling that went out on mine like maybe 6 months ago and I would get a "tick tick tick" noise or louder during my spin cycle. Low spin was fine but high spin caused the issue, was 99% sure it was the coupling and eventually the whole thing would fair to spin correctly so spent a couple nights figuring out the issue and repairing it. The replacement part was like $8 or something, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Also had to get a new microwave recently as well. Previous one was really old. No way the new plastic one will last as long.
    Mine crapped on me recently too. Bought a cheapo black Friday one since we're gonna sell the house soon. The old one is still sitting in my sideyard (along with my old water heater). Gotta get it gone soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Do all these rape/sexual misconduct accusations from years/decades ago count as Cold Loads?

I'm reviving this wonderful thread.

Is this a cold load?

Reviving a nearly 4 year old topic?

Ban this man from these forums!

Is that a cold load?
    GW Villan HQ Crew

I was looking forward to Capcom's presentation tomorrow at TGS, which was described to have news and info on games, so I was hoping that maybe there would be a MegaMan game reveal.
    Today I find out it's a Monster Hunter -only presentation.

Is this a cold load??????

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819