Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: "Lost" PSOne Games you'd like to see on PSN

  1. #1

    "Lost" PSOne Games you'd like to see on PSN

    Thinking about the two "new" PSOne titles that Gaijinworks and Monkeypaw Games are planning to bring over, I was wondering if anyone had any games that they would really like to see get released on PSN from that era.

    Just from the top of my head, I would love to know the possibility of Gaijinworks considering releasing the Overblood series on PSN. The first was a Survival Horror game originally published by EA in the late 90s and the second game was only ever released in Europe several years after its release in Japan by Evolution Games. Both of these games were technically terrible when they came out, but there is a pretty vocal crowd (from what I've gathered by watching the Super Replay series for both games by Game Informer and on the Overblood/Super Replay facebook page) who would love to see the game make it to PSN.

    While Riverhillsoft (the developers) have been closed down since, I'd love to see the day when I can play these "classic" games on PS3, here in North America - or on my PSP/Vita.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,061
    Evil Zone, terrible game but I just love it, the anime cutscenes are cool and the VA is "so bad it's good" lol I can play this thing for hours and I would die for a Vita release.

    Never heard about those PS1 games you speak of. Are they worth checking out?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Evil Zone, terrible game but I just love it, the anime cutscenes are cool and the VA is "so bad it's good" lol I can play this thing for hours and I would die for a Vita release.

    Never heard about those PS1 games you speak of. Are they worth checking out?
    Overblood and Overblood 2 are pretty notorious for not telling you where to go and being pretty terrible, but they are enjoyable in their own right, and after seeing the Game Informer Super Replay's for both, I really want to get my hands on copies so that I can play them myself. The first is like a Survival Horror puzzle game (in that you need to find out where to go) and the second is a continuation of the first, but is "directed" by the guy who made some of the Playstation era Dragon Quest games and is a pretty weird mixture of that and a "Final Fantasy" type story that goes to some really weird places.

    tl;dr - I would say there at least worth checking out, they both have some pretty memorable moments.

  4. #4
    Senior Member PW_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Logan, UT
    Posts
    286
    Mainly the RPGs I missed out on during the PSone's run just because there were so many and I didn't have the cash flow to buy them all up (but damn it I tried). So, basically stuff like...

    Azure Dreams
    Ogre Battle
    Rhapsody
    Thousand Arms
    Vandal-Hearts II

  5. #5
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Evil Zone, terrible game but I just love it, the anime cutscenes are cool and the VA is "so bad it's good" lol I can play this thing for hours and I would die for a Vita release.

    Never heard about those PS1 games you speak of. Are they worth checking out?
    Ha. Loved that game. I picked it up when it was released because I was sure if would be "rare" some day due to how weird it is. I was totally wrong. You couldn't give it away these days,

    I saw a video where some guys on YouTube did a commentary on a playthrough, and kept literally referring to Galley 'Vanish' Gregman as "Paul Eiding", as if Paul himself was a boozing, abusive, piano playing, bounty hunter. Very funny. Reminded me of MST3k and how they kept referring to "Mitchell" as "Joe Don Baker" as though he was actually in character.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5evl...e_gdata_player

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Ha. Loved that game. I picked it up when it was released because I was sure if would be "rare" some day due to how weird it is. I was totally wrong. You couldn't give it away these days,

    I saw a video where some guys on YouTube did a commentary on a playthrough, and kept literally referring to Galley 'Vanish' Gregman as "Paul Eiding", as if Paul himself was a boozing, abusive, piano playing, bounty hunter. Very funny. Reminded me of MST3k and how they kept referring to "Mitchell" as "Joe Don Baker" as though he was actually in character.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5evl...e_gdata_player
    LOL! yeah that video is spot on on the game's goofiness XDXDXD poor Paul Eiding. I swear the that game's localization was a complete gag, someone was trying to copy WD and went too far XDXDXD. I have a sudden urge to play the game again :P.

  7. #7
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,507
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    LOL! yeah that video is spot on on the game's goofiness XDXDXD poor Paul Eiding. I swear the that game's localization was a complete gag, someone was trying to copy WD and went too far XDXDXD. I have a sudden urge to play the game again :P.
    Hell, I'm just surprised that someone else knows about the game aside from me, let alone claiming to like it (as I do).

    Even stranger is the fact that I like more than one game by Yuke's, which are the Berserk games. Guts' Rage on the DC was certainly flawed, and linear, but was fun to play. Almost every other game from Yuke's has been a WWE game.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 06-19-2013 at 02:21 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,507
    I'm trying to think of some awesome and underrated PSX games that should be released on PSN. Two come to mind.

    1. Silent Bomber. Metal Gear meets Bomber Man.

    2. Poy Poy. Konami's bonkers party fighting game. I seem to remember it being like Power Stone with Miis. We had hours of fun with this one.

    The PSX sure was awesome.

  9. #9
    Senior Member PW_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Logan, UT
    Posts
    286
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    1. Silent Bomber. Metal Gear meets Bomber Man.
    And it's on the Japanese store. I'm under the impression that makes it easier. Could totally be wrong.

  10. #10
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellnight

    I played through a bit of it and really enjoyed it. I'd love to see it finally get a release stateside.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •