Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Class of Heroes 2G variant D on sale now

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    Despite not caring about the re-release personally, I can easily see where the anger and annoyance is coming from. It's a bad move to re-release the game, regardless of having it be another variant. Someone looking to buy the game for just the game won't have to succumb to scalper prices (which is wonderful), but that kills the value for those who wanted it to be a national treasure.

It's always available digitally for those who want to save cash.
    Big picture, though - over time, even with the one additional variant, it's still one of the rarest PS3 games ever. When the PS3 collector surge happens in 15 or so years, ALL of them will be worth many multiples of original price, with the lower initial serial numbers and original 3 variants most valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Why not just release it on PS3 instead? What's the likelihood of that right now? I don't know if everyone is insistent on a PSP release. To be honest, your past PSP releases were borderline crazy anyway. Even PS3 is a tough proposition right now but not impossible. A few upcoming releases like Persona 5 are going to send the system out with a bang this year.
    We don't have a license for that one, and we have to complete the contract we do have before we can go back to the proverbial well. Plus, we need to get SOME money for the done and waiting PSP version, if for nothing else to offset licensing.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Big picture, though - over time, even with the one additional variant, it's still one of the rarest PS3 games ever. When the PS3 collector surge happens in 15 or so years, ALL of them will be worth many multiples of original price, with the lower initial serial numbers and original 3 variants most valuable.
    I'm personally fine with reprints, but I'm of an almost completely different mindset compared to ordinary collectors. I open my games, and I let whoever use them freely. However, I think the main point that irritated people was the word straight from GaijinWorks that the game wouldn't be reprinted. Ever. That probably stung for quite a sizeable crowd.

I'll withhold judgements though as that Summon Night 5 PSP release was one of the prettiest things I've ever seen waiting for me in the mail when I got home that day. I can't seem to hold any grudges here.

Quick Edit: The point was, I don't think anyone thinks you're out to get screw them. It's obvious that quality is still #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubsiwub View Post
    Quick Edit: The point was, I don't think anyone thinks you're out to get screw them. It's obvious that quality is still #1.
    And as an extension of that point, if things change because of unforeseen circumstances (as was the case here), I will always work to protect the rarity and value of what was already sold. This was a very specific, and I would think rare, set of circumstances. I navigated it the best way I could with the cards I was dealt. If I was out to screw people and get rich, I certainly would not be doing niche PSP (and, well, PSVita) games.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    I say screw rarity. You've got to sell enough to make it worthwhile. Variants are fine and all of that, but I personally don't want to buy digital games. Rarity isn't really a concern for me because I'm buying them to play. If people have a problem with it, they need to understand that you aren't running a business to produce games for them to flip on Ebay. I've bought multiple copies of CoH2/G and SN5 but it was to help get the numbers up to meet the physical goals. I'll probably resell at least one eventually but it's not the first thing on my mind.

You make it pretty clear in the process that you are doing the polling and pre-ordering to guarantee interest in making a viable product, not to ensure a low-print collectible. Truly rare games got to be that way because of legit circumstances and declining available stock over the years. This concept that we need to artificially keep games limited is kinda foolish and just serves to inflate the wallets of greedy resellers. I'm not saying that the LRG model is wrong either. Their whole business is about small print runs that just make it viable enough to get a previously digital only game into your hands in a physical form without having to sit on stock for years and years. It's a different matter altogether. But it's comical when we here about all of the people who want to cancel their orders because it doesn't sell out fast enough. "OMG NOT RAREZ!"

Get em Z.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011