Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2: Bugs and Errors - Master Thread

Huh, really? Weiiiiiiiiird stuff. I would have thought with it being crafted from a broken wooden sword it would have been a 木刀 (Bokken) or 竹刀 (Shinai) or whatnot. Learn something new every day!

Edit: Hm, actually, could it be a reference to Shoto, the short Shinai used in nito kendo training and competitions? It's the smaller sword these two guys are using. Shoto / Shoutou is written in Kanji as 小刀.

(As an aside: Holy cow, there are different styles of Kendo? I thought it was all two hands on one big shinai and swing a thousand times straight up and down. Anime has liiiied to me!)

A quick google search shows 小刀 as "knife" is definitely a much more common use of the word, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mcantrell View Post
    Huh, really? Weiiiiiiiiird stuff. I would have thought with it being crafted from a broken wooden sword it would have been a 木刀 (Bokken) or 竹刀 (Shinai) or whatnot. Learn something new every day!

Edit: Hm, actually, could it be a reference to Shoto, the short Shinai used in nito kendo training and competitions? It's the smaller sword these two guys are using. Shoto / Shoutou is written in Kanji as 小刀.

(As an aside: Holy cow, there are different styles of Kendo? I thought it was all two hands on one big shinai and swing a thousand times straight up and down. Anime has liiiied to me!)

A quick google search shows 小刀 as "knife" is definitely a much more common use of the word, though.
    I think it's simply the shorter knife-like sword that Samurai carried along with their long blade. They were always paired AFAIK. Sometimes a long blade is just too much. Carrying both the long and the short was a prestige thing, too.

Oh, a Wakizashi? Or perhaps a Tantou? That's what the Shoto is emulating, I thought?

Quote Originally Posted by mcantrell View Post

After discussing the context of this with the translator, and the fact that the class is a "Katana" I've decided to change it to a Wakizashi. The context and class strongly suggest it.

Very interesting stuff! Never thought I`d see this kind of discussion appear on a Bugs and Errors thread.

Isn't it? ^_^ I've read more terms for Japanese short swords/large daggers in these two pages than on Wikipedia.

Odd wording here:

I have a character at the first school who I resumed away from to another party in another school, to class change the first character.

The first character's inventory is full (something like 95 out of 100 items), so she can't class change because her gear would have to be unequipped.

The error message says:

"There's no space in inventory for student's new accessories, so you can't change classes."

Should that be something more akin to "There's not enough inventory space to unequip the Student, so you can't change classes." ?

Unless I'm really mistaken the alchemy upgrade items "Spirit" and "Flower Honey" are swapped.

Mixing a weapon with "Spirit" (description says "Anti-Spirit") results in a weapon that's titled Death (whatnot), which has the anti-Ghost property.

At the same time, mixing a weapon with "Flower Honey" (labeled as anti-ghost) results in items called Ghost (whatnot)... but are anti-spirit weapons.

Or am I just completely confused? The weapons I used are a Shuriken and a Baghnakh, and I can swap both of them between Death and Ghost without problems.

I don't have the mid ranged items or 3 Spirits/Flower Honeys offhand to test the upgraded versions, so not sure if it's just the low rank versions or if it's all of them.

Rebel Yell (Idol spell) hits the entire party, not just 1 target.

I think I got a little over-enthusiastic bug hunting... (don't worry, I'm having fun though!)

Junk items that don’t have the right full item name on them:

These are all in the format of Junk Item - What the junk item says it makes (What the item actually is)

Stone Chip - Slingshot ammunition (Slingshot Ammo)

Gunpowder - Gunpowder explosive (Gunpowder Bullet - by the way what is this? It’s not equippable by gunners)

Stone Chip of Int - Stone of intelligence (Intelligence Stone)

Stone Chip of Strngth - Stone of strength (Strength Stone)

Stone Chip of Speed - Stone of speed (Speed Stone)

Judgement Branch - Stone of judgement (Judgement Stone)

(I assume the rest of the stones are the same but I don’t have all of them)

Damaged Crossbow - Cross Bow (Crossbow)

Smashed Poison Mace - Venomous Needle Mace (Venom Mace)

Damaged Microphone - Normal Mike (Normal Mic)

Burnt Microphone - Carbon Mike (Carbon Mic)

(Probably all the rest of the microphones are the same way, I don’t have all of them)

Smashd 3 Sgmnt Staff - Three Segment Staff (3 Segment Staff)

Torn School Uniform - Learning Center Uniform Top (School Uniform Coat)

Torn School Trousers - Learning Center Uniform Bottom (School Uniform Btm)

(I find Bottom/Btm to be okay, but it’s not consistent across all of the items. For example, the 3 starter school clothes use bottom in their junk item description, but Popular Uniform uses btm where bottom should still fit)

Trn Lthr School Shoes - Learning Center Shoes (School Shoes)

Stigma - Excorcism Magatama (Exorcism Bead)

I know some of these are just longer versions of the same name, but I did get confused multiple times thinking some items were stronger/weaker variants (the Venomous Needle Mace particularly tripped me up, I didn’t realize it was the Venom Mace until I saw the recipe online. It doesn’t help that Class of Heroes 1 had stuff like smashed whatever became one item and cracked whatever became another item of the same type) Either way, it's worth pointing out at least for the capitalization.

Other item related bugs:

Damaged Mr. Cow says ‘Basic material for synthesizing equipment’ instead of ‘Synthesis material’ like the rest of the junk items

Witchy Robes shows +Spell Effect when viewing in the Library’s item list but not when I’m looking at the item in storage (I can't remember if CoH1 had purple text equip properties that may not be present on the final item like the other stats)

Crystal Ball, Torn Return Ticket and Return Ticket seem to do the same exact thing but have slightly different descriptions (‘Provides escape from labyrinths’ vs ‘Allows escape from labyrinths’ vs ‘Provides a labyrinth escape route’)

Angel Tear says ‘Revive from ash state, but not in battle’ but heals (mostly) dead state as well as ash. (same with Archangel Tear probably, but I haven’t used that one yet)

Life Stone says +1 Stamina (should be Vitality?) (Other items with this issue: Life Ring, Lifeforce Berry)

Speed Stone says +1 Speed (Should be Agility?)

Flan’s Hair key item says ‘Blue lock of Flan’s hair’, isn’t her hair purple? (Though it's been a while since I did any of her quests)

Granite Snowfield’s map says Granite Field in the item description

Rice ball says it restores HP ‘for 1 ally’ whereas every other healing item I have says ‘one ally’

Transfer Ticket says ‘Moves to places already visited’ while Transfer Card says ‘Visit areas already seen’

Holy Ring and Divine Talisman’s shortened descriptions go outside the text box when looking in the alchemy book

Are the rebirth scrolls supposed to match up with the corresponding items exactly? I see Cow Doll, Frog Doll and Mannequin instead of Mr. Cow, Mr. Frog, and (probably) Marionette (not to mention these three items say ‘Rebirth of corresponding armor in synthesis’ instead of ‘Rebirth Scroll for use in Synthesis’ like the rest)

Gale Knife has +1 Speed under Spec, but doesn’t say ‘Special Effect When Used’ like the other items that both have battle use and raise stats (Though I don’t know if it would fit?)

Other

Pink Grizzly and Zombie Reptile’s descriptions in the monster book aren’t centered like the rest

The category for Axes/Hammers/Maces in the item book is labeled ‘Axe, Golden Hammer’

When doing alchemy, if I pick an item from the leftmost tab, then hit L1 to shift tabs to the left, it selects the rightmost greyed out tab and shows 1-2 question mark icon items with no name that pop up ‘No more items can be added to the alchemy list’ when selected (I have a feeling this could be more trouble than it's worth to fix though since I haven't found a way to make it do anything)

There are a couple of items I don’t remember ever picking up that showed up in the item book: Mr. Cow, Wheel, and Sexy Undies (the first two I could be mistaken, but I’d think I’d remember the third for sure) I tried to look for items I had that weren't in the item book as well, but I couldn't find any.

Orb & Glacial Labyrinth quest description says ‘Registrant: Ms. Pahne’ instead of ‘Sponsor: Ms. Pahne’ like the rest of the orb quests

I think one of the battle texts for the sling weapons is along the lines of <Name> threw <Sling name> at <Enemy name> So that’s why my sling users miss so often.

The stats under param when viewing the full item details don’t match up with the actual stats: Str (Strength), Int (Intelligence), Sprt (Spirit), Life (Vitality?), Src (Agility?? Spd I would understand), Lck (Luck)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast