Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2: Bugs and Errors - Master Thread

Class of Heroes 2: Bugs and Errors - Master Thread

I'm making this topic so that we can (hopefully) collect all of the issues in one easy place for Victor to fix whenever CoH2 gets patched.

Quests disappearing after completion of "Fierce Martial Arts Tournament" and "Mysterious Dragon Appears" are not bugs. This was intentionally done for plot reasons.

*** Errors ***

Text displayed after casting a spell from the menu
    "Cast a Spell!"
    Spell should be lowercase, since it's not a proper noun.

Text displayed when buying equipment
    "Ready to Buy this?"
    Buy should be lowercase, since it's definitely not a proper noun.

Text displayed when exiting a dungeon
    Exit the Labyrinth?
    Should be lowercase.

Text displayed when searching for friends
    Searching for Friend...
    Should be lowercase.

When selecting a person to cast Un-Trap who does not actually know the spell
    "(Player Name) forgot how to use magic."
    It would be more accurate to say something like, "(Player Name) doesn't know that spell." There's also the fact the menu option is called "Satchel" --not sure if I'm missing something.

Text displayed when examining a fountain
    "Do you want to use Fountain?"
    Should be "Do you want to use the fountain?"

Witch's Woods Map item description
    The item's description text says "Witch's Forest."

Seafloor Cave Map item description
    The item's description text says, "Seabed Cavern."

Holdeah Map item description
    The item's description text says, "Hordea."

Labyrinth of Hell Map item description
    The item's description text says, "Hell Labyrinth."

Bridge o’Drk Wtr Map item description
    The item's description text says, “Bridge over Sky.”
    That has got to be the most creative name shortening ever xD

Item description of the base item "Magic Chain"
    Does not indicate what the repaired item is underneath the ITEM column.

Item description of the base item "Disguise Kit"
    Stone of the sun should be capitalized.

Rumble and Quake spell description
    The spell's description text for both mistakenly state they affect one enemy group and all enemies respectively, when they actually only affect a single enemy and one enemy group respectively.

Location name display: Sutourude Ruins
    Forgot to drop the long O here. On the world map it displays correctly as Sutorude, but when you're actually there, it says Sutourude Ruins. Also says Sutourude on the map screen in Oblivion Road on the exit tile to Sutorude Ruins, and on the confirmation message when you try to fly there via a wyvern.

Location name display: Bruschetta School
    If you try to fly to Bruschetta Academy, it asks if you want to fly to Bruschetta School.

Quest names on the bulletin board & quest log: Aspiring to be a Hero, To be the Strongest
    Be should be capitalized because it's a verb. In titles, the first word is always capitalized, then every word that isn't an article, conjunction, or preposition. /grammarlady

Quest name on the bulletin board & quest log: The Missing Student
    One of those context things. Should be The Missing Students, as the quest text makes clear.

Quest name on the bulletin board & quest log: Winged Celestian
    Should be One Winged Celestian. The original quest name is 片翼のセレスティア (Kata Tsubasa no Seresutia).

Quest name on the bulletin board & quest log: Pasta Please
    Should be something like "Pasta's Plea." Pasta's doing the asking, not being asked.

Lines said during the quest Legendary Protective Gear?
    "Well, that was, uh...kid of awkward."
    “Uh,...yeah.”
    Kind is typo'd. Remove the comma from the ellipsis.

Line said during the quest "To be the Strongest"
    "The students have not seen it’s equal."
    it's = contraction of it is
    its = possessive pronoun

Line said during the quest "Full Mastership" if you lose
    "Sfoglia, you're nothing if not entertaining, you realize you'll never get that mastership now, right?"
    You can't join two independent clauses with a comma. There needs to be a conjunction, semicolon or period. /grammarlady
    "You may have lost, but the match was challenging, true and honorable, was it not?"
    Need a comma after true and before and.

Quest name on the bulletin board & quest log: "Unopened Treasure Boxes"
    Another one of those context things; there's only one box involved.

Line said if you talk to Galenos during the Dark Dragon quest
    It is possible...unlikely, but possible, that a Dark Dragon has controlled it’s craving for flesh.
    Should be its.

Lines said during "Dark Dragon"
    “This is a bond of friendship between Dolly, you, and me.”
    “Asty climbs onto Dolly and leaves.”
    It’s been spelled Dollie every other time.

Line said during Fierce Martial Arts Tournament
    "Now it’s time for the team match."
    Should be matches, even though only one match ultimately occurs...

Lines at the beginning of most of the Orb quests
    This happens all the time actually, usually when quests are announced as completed. The titles are given with all words capitalized, when conjunctions, articles, and prepositions aren't capitalized. /grammarlady

Line said during the quest "Knight of the Dead"
    "I mean, she hasn't admitted it or anything ,but her actions say I'm winning her over."
    Typo with the comma spacing.

Bulletin board quest name and description: "Invasion of Strega"
    For clarity's sake, should be "Strega's Invasion." Strega is doing the invading, not being invaded. Also, the description reads "The Strega's mages with monsters in tow are marching towards the Academy." Should be "Strega's mages," as we now know Strega is a person.

Line said during the quest Black Celestian
    The narration incorrectly states you receive Stardust as a reward. The actual item received is Sand of Stars.

Line said at the end of "To a Whole 'Nother World"
    Upon completion, the quest name is given as [To The Other Side of the World].

Lines said during "Operation: Recapture Mashlenia"
    "It’s nice to meet you, my name is Katerina."
    You can't join two independent clauses with a comma. There needs to be a conjunction, semicolon or period. /grammarlady

"You fought one of the heavenly rulers lived to tell about it."
    Missing an and.

Line said during the quest "Forget-Me-Nots"
    "Zora is here, staring into space, a shiny ribbon of saliva lies in the corner of her mouth."
    Same issue as above with the same fixes. Another option is changing the tense of "lies" to "lying."

Quest description text on the Panini bulletin board for Memento Knife Strife
    Locate the Memento Knife in Kassata desert and deliver it to Zora.
    Capitalization.

Line said during the quest "Subdue Barbaresco"
    "Pull yourself together, mother!"
    Mother is being used as a form of address here, so it should be capitalized.

Line said during the quest "Hostage Release"
    There’s no time to slack off, we’re at a critical stage in the push to victory.
    Two independent clauses and a comma again.

Quest name on the bulletin board & quest log: Barbaresco Armory
    Should be Barbaresco's Armory. Also, the description of the quest in your log has an extra period.

Line said during the quest Barbaresco Treasury
    ". . .fine."
    Capitalization.

Quest names: Vese Report, Vese Report 2, Vese Report 3, Barbaresco Armory, Barbaresco Treasury
    All of these names are missing an apostrophe "S" to indicate ownership.

Line said when reporting "The Final Showdown" prematurely
    "We can't make any mistakes...or it's "game over! "
    Extra space here, and exclamation and question marks go outside of the quotes. Periods and commas go inside it. Yes, the English language makes no sense.

Line said during King’s Trial
    ...but... please, I really need your assistance, and you have proven to be quite capable.
    Extra space between the ellipsis, or please should be capitalized. Depending on the preceding line “but” should be capitalized.

Line said during The Final Showdown
    Ah,...what am I saying?
    Another misplaced comma.

When talking to Sfoglia, Trenette, and Mr. Rossi after the final battle
    I've told her, "Don't throw your life away...," and, "This guy is not worth it..."
    Two misplaced commas here: one in the ellipsis, one next to "and."

*** Suggestions ***

While not mistakes per se, these are suggestions to be taken or left.

-Change the Arrange button in the Office to "Organize" for consistency's sake.
    -Change the words "Him" and "His" to lowercase in the quest text for "Orb & Labyrinth of Oblivion," and the text in Oblivion Road when you examine the altar.
    -Change the quest name "Gift Quest" to something like "Quest for a Gift" or "Searching for a Gift" for clarity's sake.
    -Maybe fudge the name of Bridge over Dark Waters a bit to something like Stygian Bridge? "Bridge over Dark Waters" is a little long, not to mention the lowercase "over" looks funny even though it's grammatically correct. Using the word "Stygian" captures the "over dark waters" connotation.
    -Change Lanzlet to Rantslate, Judero to Jetro, Yamhath to Yamhaus, and Tohath to Tohaus to match the renderings used in CoH1. The impact of what's happening in the story is lessened for all twelve of us who played the first game when the names are different D: Duquette was originally rendered as Dukket, but Duquette is such a vastly better name I don't suggest changing it.

*** Bugs ***

Alchemy Bug
    Some Alchemy Recipes unlock different recipes than the one purchased.

Idol Lullaby Bug
    Only for Idols, the Lullaby song puts your party to sleep 100% of the time instead of a chance for party or enemies.

Trade Bug
    When trading large quantities of items in a single session, items may be corrupted.
    Last edited by Lirishae; 06-18-2013 at 03:25 AM.

Class of Heroes 2: Bugs and Errors pt. 2

Line said during the intro
    Oh stop your whining Coppa.
    Technically there should be a comma between oh and stop, but can be left alone as Olive speaking quickly and without pause.

System message during trading
    Inventory is full, and a trade made now may not succeed. Try anyway?
    This word is obscured by the “Next” button on the screen.

Quest name on the bulletin board & in the quest log: Giorgio Stick
    Can be left alone, but should probably be Giorgio's Stick.

Lines said during the quest "Ms. Chianti's Graduation"
    The phrase "Graduation Test" is capitalized as a proper noun, which it probably isn't.

Lines said during Fierce Martial Arts Tournament
    And, I, as usual, don't think that's true.
    Extra comma here. Should be "And I, as usual, don't think that's true."

Where was the "woo-HOO?"
    Should be, Where was the "woo-HOO"? Periods and commas go inside double quotations while question marks and exclamation marks go outside them when quoting someone's speech.

Lines said during "Orb & Labyrinth of Oblivion"
    [Orb And The Labyrinth Of Oblivion]
    Should be "Orb and the Labyrinth of Oblivion," though that's technically not the name of the quest. It's said more than once.

So you chose the [Orb And The Labyrinth Of Oblivion], quest?
    Should be "So you chose the quest [Orb and the Labyrinth of Oblivion]?"

Gelato and her team set out long ago for the tower.
    It's not a tower.

Lines said during "Orb & Labyrinth of Bridge"
    [Orb And The Labyrinth Of The Bridge]
    Should be "Orb and the Labyrinth of the Bridge," though that's still technically not the name of the quest. It's said multiple times.

Lines said during "Orb & Seafloor Labyrinth"
    [Orb And The Seafloor Labyrinth]
    Should be "Orb and the Seafloor Labyrinth," though technically that's not the name of the quest. It's said multiple times.

Lines said during "Orb & Glacial Labyrinth"
    [Orb & Glacial Labyrinth
    While not a mistake, the names of the orb quests should be consistent. So I suggest spelling it out the way the other names are, "Orb and the Glacial Labyrinth." Or if you decide to substitute the exact name that appears in the quest log, make all of them consistent.

Text Descriptions for Magic Swordsman Army, Summoner Army, and Mage Army
    The description states that they protected Mashlenia, when you actually fight them in Lanzlet.

Text Description for Loose Lips
    "Carnivorous Jaggered plant with sexy rock-crushing lips." Jaggered should be lower-cased unless I'm missing some kind of reference.

Text description for Irritated Orc
    "Pathetic, whining loner ostracized by its own clan." Extra spaces between whining and loner.

Text Description for Genie Fuu
    "This original Genie moves quickly despite size." Genie should be lower-cased and add its before size. So "moves quickly despite its size."

Text Description for Vortex
    "Speedy Archdragon that attacks with long spiked tail." Archdragon should be lower-cased.

Text description for Giant Millipede
    "Daamn! That's one bug, bad bug, son!" Unless I'm missing a reference, the first bug should be "big."

Text description for Pustule
    "Yucky, drippy Earth sprite that thrives in fertile soil." Earth should be lower-cased.

Text Description for Scary Ohmu
    "Taciturn fowl that's scared of its own cries." Extra space between of and its.

Text Description for Sword Breaker
    "Guardian protecting the Dragon Orb Fragment. Large Sword." Fragment should be lower-cased and you could rephrase the second part to "Wields a large sword."

Text Description for Illusionist
    "Guardian protecting the Dragon Orb fragment. Large Sword." You could rephrase the second part to "Uses powerful magic." or something along the lines of that.

Text Description for Grotesque Queen
    "Aggressive, vicious Queen of the caterpillar monsters." Queen should be lower-cased.

Text Description for Mewmin
    "Particus teacher. Fights against the enemies alone." Could rephrase to "Fights against enemies alone."

Text Description for Pasta
    "Volone's partner. Reluctant Bandit who wants to do good." Bandit should be lower-cased.

Flake Tunnel Map
    One of the maps, "Look Away from Truth" should be "Look Away from the Truth."

Duquette Tunnel Map
    One of the maps, "After The Vow" should be "After the Vow."

Lines said during Orb & Oblivion Labyrinth
    As the students approach, a loud "Intruder alert...Intruder Alert" alarm begins blaring.
    Should be lower case.

They seem to say "Door That Connects The Three Worlds"...
    Should be "Door that Connects the Three Worlds."

After that His powers of creation were sealed and He retired to a deep slumber.
    Should be his, he as previously discussed for consistency with "a god." The dialogue also appears if you examine the spot again, so may need to be changed twice.

Line said during "Orb & Bridge Labyrinth"
    It doesn't take Encyclopedia Brown to deduce that she took the Orb.
    She took an Orb fragment, not the Orb itself. The system needs to be accurate about these things It's also not written in green-colored font as it normally is. Ruote later says "That Orb should have been OURS!" but that can be left alone as Ruote's way of referring to the fragments. Although Ruote's reference to it isn't written in green text, but Olive's is at another point.

Lines said during "Orb & Seafloor Labyrinth"
    Panna casts the exit spell.
    Technically, the spell's name is "Trap Door."

The students resume their search of the Labyrinth.
    Should be lowercase.

Dragon Orb Fragment Received!
    This probably happens more than once, but received should be lowercase.

Line said when trying to change class with full inventory
    There's no space in inventory for student's new accessories, so you can't change classes.
    One of those context things; should be something like "There's no space in inventory to unequip, so you can't change classes."

Spell description text for Idol's Rebel Yell
    Text states it works on one ally when it actually works on all allies.

Suggestions
    Rename the Orb quests to "Oblivion Labyrinth Orb," "Bridge Labyrinth Orb," "Seafloor Labyrinth Orb," and "Glacial Labyrinth Orb." Or if space isn't an issue, "Orb of Oblivion Labyrinth," etc. Current names feel a bit rough.

Bugs
    Alchemy upgrade items Spirit and Flower Honey effects are swapped. Spirit creates anti-ghost rather than anti-spirit, and Flower Honey creates anti-spirit.
    100% map completion is impossible to attain.
    100% enemy compendium completion is impossible due to one enemy (#105) not appearing in any encounter normally.
    Last edited by Lirishae; 06-23-2013 at 02:28 PM.

Junk items that don’t have the right full item name on them:

These are all in the format of Junk Item - What the junk item says it makes (What the item actually is)

Stone Chip - Slingshot ammunition (Slingshot Ammo)

Gunpowder - Gunpowder explosive (Gunpowder Bullet - by the way what is this? It’s not equippable by gunners)

Stone Chip of Int - Stone of intelligence (Intelligence Stone)

Stone Chip of Strngth - Stone of strength (Strength Stone)

Stone Chip of Speed - Stone of speed (Speed Stone)

Judgement Branch - Stone of judgement (Judgement Stone)

(I assume the rest of the stones are the same but I don’t have all of them)

Damaged Crossbow - Cross Bow (Crossbow)

Smashed Poison Mace - Venomous Needle Mace (Venom Mace)

Damaged Microphone - Normal Mike (Normal Mic)

Burnt Microphone - Carbon Mike (Carbon Mic)

(Probably all the rest of the microphones are the same way, I don’t have all of them)

Smashd 3 Sgmnt Staff - Three Segment Staff (3 Segment Staff)

Torn School Uniform - Learning Center Uniform Top (School Uniform Coat)

Torn School Trousers - Learning Center Uniform Bottom (School Uniform Btm)

(I find Bottom/Btm to be okay, but it’s not consistent across all of the items. For example, the 3 starter school clothes use bottom in their junk item description, but Popular Uniform uses btm where bottom should still fit)

Trn Lthr School Shoes - Learning Center Shoes (School Shoes)

Stigma - Excorcism Magatama (Exorcism Bead)

I know some of these are just longer versions of the same name, but I did get confused multiple times thinking some items were stronger/weaker variants (the Venomous Needle Mace particularly tripped me up, I didn’t realize it was the Venom Mace until I saw the recipe online. It doesn’t help that Class of Heroes 1 had stuff like smashed whatever became one item and cracked whatever became another item of the same type) Either way, it's worth pointing out at least for the capitalization.

Other item related bugs:

Damaged Mr. Cow says ‘Basic material for synthesizing equipment’ instead of ‘Synthesis material’ like the rest of the junk items

Witchy Robes shows +Spell Effect when viewing in the Library’s item list but not when I’m looking at the item in storage (I can't remember if CoH1 had purple text equip properties that may not be present on the final item like the other stats)

Crystal Ball, Torn Return Ticket and Return Ticket seem to do the same exact thing but have slightly different descriptions (‘Provides escape from labyrinths’ vs ‘Allows escape from labyrinths’ vs ‘Provides a labyrinth escape route’)

Angel Tear says ‘Revive from ash state, but not in battle’ but heals (mostly) dead state as well as ash. (same with Archangel Tear probably, but I haven’t used that one yet)

Life Stone says +1 Stamina (should be Vitality?) (Other items with this issue: Life Ring, Lifeforce Berry)

Speed Stone says +1 Speed (Should be Agility?)

Granite Snowfield’s map says Granite Field in the item description

Rice ball says it restores HP ‘for 1 ally’ whereas every other healing item I have says ‘one ally’

Transfer Ticket says ‘Moves to places already visited’ while Transfer Card says ‘Visit areas already seen’

Holy Ring and Divine Talisman’s shortened descriptions go outside the text box when looking in the alchemy book

Are the rebirth scrolls supposed to match up with the corresponding items exactly? I see Cow Doll and Frog Doll and Mannequin instead of Mr. Cow and Mr. Frog (not to mention these three items say ‘Rebirth of corresponding armor in synthesis’ instead of ‘Rebirth Scroll for use in Synthesis’ like the rest).

Gale Knife has +1 Speed under Spec, but doesn’t say ‘Special Effect When Used’ like the other items that both have battle use and raise stats (Though I don’t know if it would fit?)

Other

Pink Grizzly and Zombie Reptile’s descriptions in the monster book aren’t centered like the rest

The category for Axes/Hammers/Maces in the item book is labeled ‘Axe, Golden Hammer’

When doing alchemy, if I pick an item from the leftmost tab, then hit L1 to shift tabs to the left, it selects the rightmost greyed out tab and shows 1-2 question mark icon items with no name that pop up ‘No more items can be added to the alchemy list’ when selected (I have a feeling this could be more trouble than it's worth to fix though since I haven't found a way to make it do anything)

There are a couple of items I don’t remember ever picking up that showed up in the item book: Mr. Cow, Wheel, and Sexy Undies (the first two I could be mistaken, but I’d think I’d remember the third for sure) I tried to look for items I had that weren't in the item book as well, but I couldn't find any.

Orb & Glacial Labyrinth quest description says ‘Registrant: Ms. Pahne’ instead of ‘Sponsor: Ms. Pahne’ like the rest of the orb quests

I think one of the battle texts for the sling weapons is along the lines of <Name> threw <Sling name> at <Enemy name> So that’s why my sling users miss so often.

The stats under param when viewing the full item details don’t match up with the actual stats: Str (Strength), Int (Intelligence), Sprt (Spirit), Life (Vitality?), Src (Agility?? Spd I would understand), Lck (Luck)
    Last edited by Lirishae; 06-23-2013 at 03:03 PM.

I don't know if I read well, but has no one noticed the Alchemy bug with the Cat Bell?

to create a cat Bell accessory, you need :
    1x cat Bell(the original item!)
    9x Coarse Iron

when you decomp it, you get :

1x Cat Bell(the original item!)
    9x Coarse Iron

Unlimited Coarse Iron, yay!

Quote Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
    I don't know if I read well, but has no one noticed the Alchemy bug with the Cat Bell?

to create a cat Bell accessory, you need :
    1x cat Bell(the original item!)
    9x Coarse Iron

when you decomp it, you get :

1x Cat Bell(the original item!)
    9x Coarse Iron

Unlimited Coarse Iron, yay!
    I mentioned in the other bug thread that this had been fixed. No one found it (or at least said they did) - we just found it in the course of fixing the Alchemy Recipe bug.

I see! that is why. sorry, I haven't read the other thread in a while...!

edit: I would've told! but I've been quite bsy with work so I haven't had much time to come to the board! A client opened a new warehouse when I was away last week and I had to scambled to prepare everything!)

I only found that I couldn't synthesize a Cat Bell (broken item) into the real thing no matter what I added. But you already mentioned this item talking about the fixes currently in QA.

Text Descriptions for Magic Swordsman Army, Summoner Army, and Mage Army
    The description states that they protected Mashlenia, when you actually fight them in Lanzlet.

Text Description for Loose Lips
    "Carnivorous Jaggered plant with sexy rock-crushing lips." Jaggered should be lower-cased unless I'm missing some kind of reference.

Text description for Irritated Orc
    "Pathetic, whining loner ostracized by its own clan." Extra spaces between whining and loner.

Text Description for Genie Fuu
    "This original Genie moves quickly despite size." Genie should be lower-cased and add its before size. So "moves quickly despite its size."

Text Description for Vortex
    "Speedy Archdragon that attacks with long spiked tail." Archdragon should be lower-cased.

Text description for Giant Millipede
    "Daamn! That's one bug, bad bug, son!" Unless I'm missing a reference, the first bug should be "big".

Text description for Pustule
    "Yucky, drippy Earth sprite that thrives in fertile soil." Earth should be lower-cased.

Text Description for Scary Ohmu
    "Taciturn fowl that's scared of its own cries." Extra space between of and its.

Text Description for Sword Breaker
    "Guardian protecting the Dragon Orb Fragment. Large Sword." Fragment should be lower-cased and you could rephrase the second part to "Wields a large sword."

Text Description for Illusionist
    "Guardian protecting the Dragon Orb fragment. Large Sword." You could rephrase the second part to "Uses powerful magic." or something along the lines of that.

Text Description for Grotesque Queen
    "Aggressive, vicious Queen of the caterpillar monsters." Queen should be lower-cased.

Text Description for Mewmin
    "Particus teacher. Fights against the enemies alone." Could rephrase to "Fights against enemies alone".

Text Description for Pasta
    "Volone's partner. Reluctant Bandit who wants to do good." Bandit should be lower-cased.

Flake Tunnel Map
    One of the maps, "Look Away from Truth" should be "Look Away from the Truth".

Duquette Tunnel Map
    One of the maps, "After The Vow" should be "After the Vow".

That's all I've got for now.
    @NickscorVGC on Twitter

刀 localized as "Knife", not "Katana." (When used in larger words, "刀" means knife, but on it's own, it's the Japanese style of sword.)

Not a bug per say, just... odd. When I think knife I picture a dagger, not a hurking Samurai Sword.

Quote Originally Posted by mcantrell View Post
    刀 localized as "Knife", not "Katana." (When used in larger words, "刀" means knife, but on it's own, it's the Japanese style of sword.)

Not a bug per say, just... odd. When I think knife I picture a dagger, not a hurking Samurai Sword.
    In the original source table, it's "小刀", not "刀". "小刀" is Knife.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast