Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardware / Audio / Video Thread.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    See also: Gonna be dead shortly. Isn't recording at 24 (or higher) mostly to due with purposely giving themselves more room to work with? I was under the impression that 80 - 90dB was the standard target for maximum loudness regardless of bit-depth.
    More headroom for archival. Realistically, the current DAC tech is pushing 20 bit quality. We'll be seeing more 32 bit hardware as tech improves.

So the new Chrome rolled out today with Flash player disabled by default in new installs. Are we finally done with that disaster? Good riddance!

Cheap PC speaker / sub combo that doesn't suck:

Dayton B652-AIR: http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-...-pair--300-651
    Polk PSW10: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KVQBA (has high level inputs so it will work with any amp)

Pair with an amp of your choice. Using the Dayton DTA-120 which has more than enough power. I use an external Fiio E10k DAC but most quality integrated sound is acceptable for most people these days.

Techno-rant.

All of the stupid bright blue LEDs in EVERYTHING is annoying. It's like electronics manufacturers think that blue LEDs make their product look more sophisticated or advanced. But everything has them now, and they are bright as hell. In the case of some devices, you can NEVER SHUT THEM OFF unless you completely unplug them.

I have a few USB hubs for my cute little mini PeeCee, and they had stupid bright LEDs on them that stay on even when the mini PeeCee is in standby. Even BIOS settings can't completely kill the power to the ports. What did I do? I opened them up and pried out the LEDs with a screwdriver. Problem solved.

Bright blue LEDs are dumb.

black electrical tape.

I know that feeling, those are everywhere. Black tape, that's one solution.

EDIT: Storino beat me to it.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Techno-rant.

All of the stupid bright blue LEDs in EVERYTHING is annoying. It's like electronics manufacturers think that blue LEDs make their product look more sophisticated or advanced. But everything has them now, and they are bright as hell. In the case of some devices, you can NEVER SHUT THEM OFF unless you completely unplug them.

I have a few USB hubs for my cute little mini PeeCee, and they had stupid bright LEDs on them that stay on even when the mini PeeCee is in standby. Even BIOS settings can't completely kill the power to the ports. What did I do? I opened them up and pried out the LEDs with a screwdriver. Problem solved.

Bright blue LEDs are dumb.
    Testify!

I leave numlock off on my keyboard unless I need it because the LED is blindingly bright. The keys themselves have adjustable brightness but the status lights don't :\.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    black electrical tape.
    Yeah. I have strips of tape on my router and cable modem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Testify!

I leave numlock off on my keyboard unless I need it because the LED is blindingly bright. The keys themselves have adjustable brightness but the status lights don't :\.
    LEDs that I do like; dimmable LED bulbs that are soft white temperature, and lightly backlit white LED keyboards with adjustable brightness. Those are A-OK.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    My KB LEDs are a step above off. It's bright enough to look nice and dim enough not to distract. I orient my typing on the f/j notches but being backlit does make finding them easier when it's dark.

Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast