Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hardware / Audio / Video Thread.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I can just as easily break the audio off the before they go into the the CRT.

The speakers I have are Panasonic X7 speakers, nothing amazing but visually they fit the look of the XM29 perfectly so that's why I wanted to use them.

Got a recommendation for a smaller amp that would work to take the audio from a basic RCA plug, then be able to drive the speakers?
    You can find an amp that is similar or lower-powered that would work for you. But I personally wouldn't use those Panasonic speakers without a powered subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I think we've discussed how I'm a weirdo and prefer spending more to avoid using EQ .

Z-dono says this is a wonder amp: https://www.amazon.com/Dayton-Audio-.../dp/B00HFG3FYA
    I've got quality control concerns with that amp. I also do not like Dayton's powered subs. I've heard some that have factory defects and insert hum in the low-z speaker level inputs. Bad transformers probably. Sounds like a ground loop hum.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Avoiding an EQ is the most impractical thing I've ever heard of. It's like saying that you are going to have a perfect reference speakers set in a perfect room.
    I already know I'll never have either. Feel free to make mic. and ADC suggestions though.

I already know I'll never have either. Feel free to make mic. and ADC suggestions though.
    I edited the post. Be sure to check it out.

Really though. EQ is essential, even if it's software based.

Now, I do not use any or much EQ with my headphones. A room audio system is a different story though.

Real funny man aren't ya!!!!

Edit: My problem with EQ is that I know I'd feel compelled to buy things that I'd rather not.
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 01-26-2018 at 05:35 PM.

Real funny man aren't ya!!!!
    I agree with limiting EQ on headphones. Maybe even trying to eliminate it entirely. Just too hard to do with a room system. If you follow my suggestion on how to adjust an EQ to avoid clipping, it can be a great way to get excellent audio.

Any suggestions on a suitable mic., interface, and damping panels/material?

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    You can find an amp that is similar or lower-powered that would work for you. But I personally wouldn't use those Panasonic speakers without a powered subwoofer.
    Can you explain why I should need the sub? Originally they were paired with like a little turntable system, they are just bookshelf speakers to my understanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Can you explain why I should need the sub? Originally they were paired with like a little turntable system, they are just bookshelf speakers to my understanding.
    "You'll destroy your ears trying to reproduce low end."

It'll also likely be better quality than whatever low frequency response those can manage at safe listening levels.

"You'll destroy your ears trying to reproduce low end."

It'll also likely be better quality than whatever low frequency response those can manage at safe listening levels.
    I am not confident that they can reproduce decent quality low-end. Lots of people turn up speakers to unsafe listening levels to try to get more bass in the audio.

If you simply want something that's better than what the TV produces though, you may be fine without.

Page 52 of 74 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast