Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arc System Works buys Technōs Japan IPs from Million Co., Ltd.

Arc System Works buys Technōs Japan IPs from Million Co., Ltd.

Arc System Works Acquires Property Rights
    of "Double Dragon", "Super Dodge Ball", "Kunio-kun" series from Million Co, Ltd

YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (June 11, 2015) - Arc System Works, developer of world-class fighting games such as the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue series, is excited to announce that effective June 1st, 2015, all Intangible Property Rights of all titles previously owned by Technos Japan Corp.™, including but not limited to the “Double Dragon” series, "Super Dodge Ball" series, "River City Ransom", and the "Kunio-kun" series, has been transferred from Million Co., Ltd. to Arc System Works Co., Ltd.

For more information please visit the official website: http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/technos/ (Japanese only)

Well, a new Double Dragon IP could be quite interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    This... Is... AWESOME!

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME! Not only that, they have the rights to the name Technos! Their new logo is all sorts of awesome.

Finally, someone that will *do something* with Double Dragon and Kunio, rather than sitting on them waiting for someone to license the IP. Million was like... A real estate company that grew out of the defunct Technos Japan.

Maybe they'll bring on Kishimoto and Plophet to work on some new badass brawlers.

Thanks for posting this.

Lol When I read the title I thought they had acquired Technosoft's IP, I would have died of happiness. But this is still good, Technos IPs are very much worth of being resurrected. I want more Double Dragon!

yeah but what does this mean for those of us in the Americas?
    My gametz page. Game collection = approx 360. Wanted games = approx 200
    http://gametz.com/user/ErickRPG.html

I loved Double Dragon Neon, even though it clearly was a western game with a lot of dumb western pop culture and exaggerated '80s flair. It is a great game. Just wish that they added online play to the console versions. I suspect that it's going to be like any other licensed title and disappear from XBLA and PSN after a finite amount of time, especially because now the rights holder has changed.

Arc System Works was apparently the Japanese publisher of Neon, which I never knew until now. Maybe they found that there was some value in the brand which is why they wanted to own it.

Would love for someone to pick up Technosoft stuff as well. Twenty-One has been sitting on that one as well. I still need to import that PS2 TFVI game.

Quote Originally Posted by ErickRPG View Post
    yeah but what does this mean for those of us in the Americas?
    Doesn't just about every Arc System Works game come west, usually via Aksys, outside of licensed games?

It means that Aksys will probably publish it.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Doesn't just about every Arc System Works game come west, usually via Aksys, outside of licensed games?

It means that Aksys will probably publish it.
    Hopefully. But Aksys has been infatuated with VNs lately.

Quote Originally Posted by ErickRPG View Post
    Hopefully. But Aksys has been infatuated with VNs lately.
    Ark System has their own US branch now too so any title not picked up by Aksys get's published by them which is nice.

I hope some of them get released physically but I won't get my hopes up. Haven't there been 1 or 2 in the last few years that got released digitally on PSN? (Kunio Kun I mean) Before that I remember a few DS games and before that I still own the GBA remake of RCR.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast