Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Popful Mail and Lunar II get de-WD'd

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Dialogue is unchanged if I read it right. It's for turning the difficulty down to sissy.
    I like that I have to put some effort into the games I like. I like the rewards, but I also want to fight for it.

Right on, if the game is too easy then I don't really feel that accomplished beating it. Esp shooters and action games.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Wellll, the difficulty on Popful Mail was raised A LOT compared to the JP version. Personally I never had that hard of a time with it, because when you are playing through the game you get in the groove with all the nuances. If you just wanted to pick it up and play though for the story fast, the changes in this one would not be that bad of an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Yeah Vic made it interesting.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Dialogue is unchanged if I read it right. It's for turning the difficulty down to sissy.
    I like you.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    These are a wasted effort. I think that Exile 2 would be worthwhile though, not only because it is a cool series but the US release is pretty broken.

I think the hacker was the one who made this:
    https://tcrf.net/Lunar:_Eternal_Blue...ences#Dialogue

Interesting comparison, though honestly I think our changes are for the better. Even the Barney stuff got a laugh out of me when I first played it, I can't really picture Lunar with boring NPCs.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    I think the hacker was the one who made this:
    https://tcrf.net/Lunar:_Eternal_Blue...ences#Dialogue

Interesting comparison, though honestly I think our changes are for the better. Even the Barney stuff got a laugh out of me when I first played it, I can't really picture Lunar with boring NPCs.
    Even the "accurate" translations aren't necessarily entirely accurate, so I don't understand what the deal is.

A lot of people also tend to overlook some of the modifications that were made in retro games due to space limitations. I know that CDs have less of an issue with this, but there is still a limitation in available memory.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    These are a wasted effort. I think that Exile 2 would be worthwhile though, not only because it is a cool series but the US release is pretty broken.
    Probably not nearly popular enough to be noticed by the less extreme WD haters.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Even the "accurate" translations aren't necessarily entirely accurate, so I don't understand what the deal is.

A lot of people also tend to overlook some of the modifications that were made in retro games due to space limitations. I know that CDs have less of an issue with this, but there is still a limitation in available memory.
    I'd rather have an enjoyable read than soul sucking tedium. If a creator has their panties in a twist about how something is handled I figure they'd impose strict restrictions like that crotchety goat Miyazaki.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast