Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Popful Mail and Lunar II get de-WD'd

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    I think the hacker was the one who made this:
    https://tcrf.net/Lunar:_Eternal_Blue...ences#Dialogue

Interesting comparison, though honestly I think our changes are for the better. Even the Barney stuff got a laugh out of me when I first played it, I can't really picture Lunar with boring NPCs.
    Virtually all of those changes are for the better, except for those nudity edits. WTF, there was no benefit from the boob edits.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    I think the hacker was the one who made this:
    https://tcrf.net/Lunar:_Eternal_Blue...ences#Dialogue

Interesting comparison, though honestly I think our changes are for the better. Even the Barney stuff got a laugh out of me when I first played it, I can't really picture Lunar with boring NPCs.
    All that effort to compare that stuff. What a waste. Funny how it's listed as "Working Designs" and not 'US'.
    I agree those nudity edits are stupid.
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    These are a wasted effort. I think that Exile 2 would be worthwhile though, not only because it is a cool series but the US release is pretty broken.
    But that would be too helpful.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Well this is interesting!

AND, I ONLY HAD TO SACRIFICE
    10 BARNEYS ON THE BURNING
    ALTAR OF RAGE!

THAT WAS DEFINITELY PURPLE
    WELL-SPENT!
    I love this. This is the type of jokes I liked from Eternal Blue. Compared to the original, I prefer what they did in English. It adds a fun flavor to something that is still getting the message across. However, this next one:

HEY! HEY! THERE'S A PARTY IN
    MY PANTS AND EVERYONE'S
    INVITED!
    Compared to the original, I prefer the original in this case as I cannot see the need to completely change it. Unless maybe a bunch of characters around this said very similar things.

Oh, the thing about greasing the door for Borgan is great too seeing the original, I'm glad they added it.
    Last edited by kleev_55; 01-22-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    Personally, I didn't like the real world references, they broke immersion and dated the game. I'm a bit confused about the edits to naked Lucia, considering they ADDED IN arguably more suggestive dialog.

It's for these reasons I prefer the remake. Just me onion.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    These are a wasted effort. I think that Exile 2 would be worthwhile though, not only because it is a cool series but the US release is pretty broken.
    I agree with this 100%, but I know it's probably not trivial to get done or else someone probably would have done it.

I don't blame WD for a lot of the balancing tweaks they did because the US is a lot different market than Japan, and they needed to keep sales up (without returns) to be profitable. It didn't help that there was always a time and turnaround gap that was fairly large with early games since everything needed to get back to the original devs in Japan to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar14 View Post
    Virtually all of those changes are for the better, except for those nudity edits. WTF, there was no benefit from the boob edits.
    All games should be localized in this fashion, boob edits excluded obviously.

Or in the case of REALLY badly written games, outright change the entirety of the script and plot.

To be fair, having to pay to save your progress is incredibly inconsiderate of the player's time. Having to replay parts of a game because you couldn't save isn't difficulty--it's tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    To be fair, having to pay to save your progress is incredibly inconsiderate of the player's time. Having to replay parts of a game because you couldn't save isn't difficulty--it's tedium.
    This always made me curious about how others had it with this feature.
    For me, it was totally fine. I would never play this game for just 5 or 30 minutes. I'd sit down all day. Besides, I was like... 13 years old, so I was basically a kid with all the time in the world

I'm not against its removal simply because I understand not everyone has my playing style or available time, but It would bring a big wide smile to my face if I saw this return in a remake

I never had an issue with not being able to save when I wanted to, but I was annoyed when I first discovered it.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast