Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of heroes 3 production status

Quote Originally Posted by sigfried View Post
    shadow run get a 1996 release on mega cd and it was the last mega cd game in japan. surgical strike went in 1995 in japan. in america i wonder if it was not a complete unknown game like racing aces or supreme fighter.
    Ah you are right, it was a scant 2 months after Surgical Strike, but I always forget because Surgical Strike/Fahrenheit always eclipse Shadowrun in prices. If I would guess on the SegaCD it would be Radical Rex based only on the rarity, but I doubt it really is. It's hard to get release games on US stuff since Wikipedia is a mess and all you basically have to go by is sifting through game magazine notices for the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Class of Heroes 3 Production Bits: sticky thread time?

Also, I could have sworn Shadowrun SCD was mad expensive... I have a rough translation of the rom, lol. We've been working on it for years.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post

Also, I could have sworn Shadowrun SCD was mad expensive... I have a rough translation of the rom, lol. We've been working on it for years.
    NICE! I have really been hoping that the fantranslation for that will come out eventually, I know the work is not simple on it.

Regarding the price, Shadowrun is relatively expensive in the 10k yen range, or a bit less. I actually have a sealed copy and a promo keychain that I got for it awhile back (I love Sega/Mega CD, it and all things related is my total weakness).

Surgical Strike/Fahrenheit I've seen sell in the 15k yen range, but there was a Fahrenheit that just recently ended around 9K so who knows. I don't think the market is that big for Mega CD titles. There is a rasslin' game that is also super expensive for the Mega CD version.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    NICE! I have really been hoping that the fantranslation for that will come out eventually, I know the work is not simple on it.

Regarding the price, Shadowrun is relatively expensive in the 10k yen range, or a bit less. I actually have a sealed copy and a promo keychain that I got for it awhile back (I love Sega/Mega CD, it and all things related is my total weakness).

Surgical Strike/Fahrenheit I've seen sell in the 15k yen range, but there was a Fahrenheit that just recently ended around 9K so who knows. I don't think the market is that big for Mega CD titles. There is a rasslin' game that is also super expensive for the Mega CD version.
    Shin Megami Tensei is up there too, I saw a copy at Super Potato(I know they mark up) that was pretty pricey.

https://twitter.com/gaijinworks/stat...63927865946112

"spring-ish" for PS3 version.

So next Christmas then.
    Last edited by banditwolf; 11-13-2017 at 09:35 PM.
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

I'm down for it. My 2G copy needs a companion.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post

I still have the gold disc of that game SEGA Japan sent me to evaluate well before Japanese release. Wonder how much that's worth?

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    https://twitter.com/gaijinworks/stat...63927865946112

"spring-ish" for PS3 version.

So next Christmas then.
    Depends on how the PS3 version memory issues go. We've already run into a few and been working to resolve them.

Still hoping you decide to just also put out the psp release digitally as well, surely there'd be enough sales to cover the digital rating if nothing else? Granted just breaking even isn't likely to sound too enthralling to you... Perhaps try what some other companies do where you release the original version first, then 6 months later (or whenever ready) you release the console version with new features, and get people to double dip? Just my thoughts anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by Legion-X View Post
    Still hoping you decide to just also put out the psp release digitally as well, surely there'd be enough sales to cover the digital rating if nothing else? Granted just breaking even isn't likely to sound too enthralling to you... Perhaps try what some other companies do where you release the original version first, then 6 months later (or whenever ready) you release the console version with new features, and get people to double dip? Just my thoughts anyways!

We'll see. The biggest issue I anticipate is that there may be no QA line left within Sony to approve the PSP game. But we'll see how it goes.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast