Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Announcing...the New Nintendo 2DS XL!

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by -Vycoul- View Post
    It's MSRP is $50 less than the New 3DSXL. (and it includes a charger unlike the N3DSXL) Savings I would definitely appreciate since I never use the 3D feature anyway.

But I'm not liking the design much.
    The striped top is reminiscent of those weird kid's electronic game devices you see in drugstores around Christmas. And the way the hinge is positioned looks really ugly to me. I greatly prefer the look of the N3DSXL.

If mine were to break, I don't know which model I'd replace it with.

http://i.imgur.com/ZRAGmDV.jpg
    Yesssss .

I like these. Protected screen, cheaper than the *new* 3DS. Pretty solid buy if you don't use 3D and want to play Xenoblade and/or get better performance from games like Hyrule Warriors.

IGN hands on with the N2DSXL:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQ3PiHniWDE

Maybe I just didn't look hard enough, but I never could find the speakers on this thing, turns out they are on the bottom... Exactly where your palms will rest.
    (at 1:39) I know the 3DS's speakers have never been very good, but why put them where they will forever be muffled? Seems like a pretty bad design.

I like how the game carts have a little door thingy covering them now though. And easy access to the SD card is nice.

New 3DS XL has the loudest speakers I've ever heard on the DS/3DS family of systems.

Accessible MicroSD card is not a huge deal as I haven't removed mine in 1.5 years (basically since I put it in).

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    New 3DS XL has the loudest speakers I've ever heard on the DS/3DS family of systems.

Accessible MicroSD card is not a huge deal as I haven't removed mine in 1.5 years (basically since I put it in).
    It could be for many people. Not everyone has tiny screwdrivers.

The only main reason to remove the sd card is to upgrade or do "naughty" things with the 3ds.

I never understood why they buried it though.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post

The speakers are loud, but not that great in terms of quality. With your hands over both of them at all times... I just can't imagine it sounding very good.
    I've never needed to swap my SD card out either, but the option to do so is nice.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that the stripes on top don't look as ugly to me in this video. That's a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    The only main reason to remove the sd card is to upgrade or do "naughty" things with the 3ds.

I never understood why they buried it though.
    Of all the dumb things Nintendoes that I don't like, somehow I like that the SD is hard to reach. I kinda feel safe knowing no one is just gonna steal my SD card as easily as they could do it for an older 3DS, even if the chances of that happening are next to zero...
    Another thing I liked is that it's placed in a different location entirely. For my 3DS XL, the card slot seemed very fragile and cheap, so placing it anywhere else where it wouldnt feel like that is great with me.

I like how the game carts have a little door thingy covering them now though.
    Great idea. Prevents dust from getting in the system when you don't have a game in.

The speakers are loud, but not that great in terms of quality.
    Keeping with Nintendo's grand handheld tradition.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

People steal SD cards out of 3ds? What would be the point other than to save a few bucks? Not like you can play the games on it.

Great idea. Prevents dust from getting in the system when you don't have a game in.
    I've always had a game in the 3ds I use.
    Eyepatch reasons?
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast