Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IGN's Top 100 RPGs

I just love that they said the game came out for the Sega Genesis and not Sega CD.... I mean technically you need a Genesis to have played it when it released, but seriously.
    PSN/Steam/XBL - DrgnSlayerDyne

Quote Originally Posted by EternalB View Post
    I just love that they said the game came out for the Sega Genesis and not Sega CD.... I mean technically you need a Genesis to have played it when it released, but seriously.
    They meant the Saturn :P

*sigh*

Anyway I don't even like top lists. Usually the people making these lists seem too inclined towards pleasing the mainstream readers.
    It's like when people make top NES games lists, and MegaMan 2 is in it xD
    What? 2???? I get that MegaMan 2 is awesome, but so is every other MegaMan game on the NES............ MegaMan 2 is randomly the one that gets featured every time.
    Oh and people can't judge the first MegaMan as a game without talking about the box art.
    The common man is a very uncreative peasant.

Oh, and somehow Zelda 2 is a "black sheep" xD

FF7 was in the 40s so that is a no.

I have mixed feelings, they have some games on there that shouldn't be on a top anything list, like Bards tale, some games are ridiculous high, and some game ridiculous low; but they do seem to at least hit the good games, even if there place should be higher or lower.

I would think the following have to show up on there at some point:
    Suikoden II, maybe I or III
    Tactics Ogre
    Ogre Battle
    Valkyria Profile
    FF9 and 6, maybe X
    BoF IV
    Ultima
    Kings Quest
    PDS

if they really went crazy
    Parasite Eve
    megaman legends

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    FF7 was in the 40s so that is a no.
    Uh, go figure. Well played for them, I thought it would be placed higher. I'll bet on FFVI then as the highest placed FF in the list, Top 10 for sure. Maybe FFIV on the 20s. CT and Skyrim still going.

Don't they do this list every couple years?

It's interesting that all of the games on the list so fsr are all ones thst have seen release in NA

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    It's interesting that all of the games on the list so fsr are all ones thst have seen release in NA
    I don't think there is anything incredibly wrong with that. Though certainly many a good RPG were left in Japan. If these were written by a JPN publication you might see Sakura Wars for Saturn in the Top 10

BTW they just updated the list 20-50. Should be interesting to see the final 20 revealed.

Some great titles on this list, a few towards the lower end I really feel should be higher, and a few I think they vastly overrated, but all in all not bad.

I wish Bethesda would remake Morrowind

Oblivion needs an HD Remaster

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    I don't think there is anything incredibly wrong with that. Though certainly many a good RPG were left in Japan. If these were written by a JPN publication you might see Sakura Wars for Saturn in the Top 10

BTW they just updated the list 20-50. Should be interesting to see the final 20 revealed.
    Yeah I don't expect to see anything left in Japan on the list. Even stuff that got a fan translation.

Quote Originally Posted by zanth1979 View Post
    Some great titles on this list, a few towards the lower end I really feel should be higher, and a few I think they vastly overrated, but all in all not bad.
    It's been a bit goofy. While I appreciated what Pools of Radiance did for the genre it's ranked ahead of stuff that is much more playable these days.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast