Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 79

Thread: IGN's Top 100 RPGs

  1. #21
    Senior Member Best1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Interstellar Funk Space Station
    Posts
    3,025
    So, Skyrim finally appeared. Also Fallout and Mass Effect. Any WRPG left worth of mentioning?

    Also, FFXII over VII and IX is a bold statement.

  2. #22
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    So, Skyrim finally appeared. Also Fallout and Mass Effect. Any WRPG left worth of mentioning?

    Also, FFXII over VII and IX is a bold statement.
    BG2 will be on the list as well as PST. Outside of that I'm not sure, maybe Fallout 2?
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,836
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Don't they do this list every couple years?
    I think most sites have some kind of top 'x' every so often. Much like magazines used to.

  4. #24
    Senior Member EternalB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    644
    Game Informer's new issue covers the same topic.

    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-all-time.aspx

    My buddy (and podcasting cohort) Rob, did the cover - @sketchcraft on Instagram and Twitter if you like his style
    PSN/Steam/XBL - DrgnSlayerDyne

  5. #25
    Senior Member DinoDerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    909
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalB View Post
    Game Informer's new issue covers the same topic.

    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-all-time.aspx

    My buddy (and podcasting cohort) Rob, did the cover - @sketchcraft on Instagram and Twitter if you like his style
    Funny they both did the same thing so close together.

    Anyway here is the Game Informer Top 100 so you don't have to buy the magainze

    https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/6910...ion-4/75308036

    90. Panzer Dragoon Saga

    Yay at least it made one of these 2 lists

  6. #26
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,499
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalB View Post
    Game Informer's new issue covers the same topic.

    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-all-time.aspx

    My buddy (and podcasting cohort) Rob, did the cover - @sketchcraft on Instagram and Twitter if you like his style
    Nice art. I'll wait until it's in store to renew so I can get a copy without the delivery printing on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,836
    A lot of the characters look deranged, especially Cloud. Is he looking forward to slicing up and cooking some Nintendo characters ?

  8. #28
    Senior Member zanth1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Mandan, ND
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    It's been a bit goofy. While I appreciated what Pools of Radiance did for the genre it's ranked ahead of stuff that is much more playable these days.
    Yeah, that's one of them I flet was overrated, for that very reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    So, Skyrim finally appeared. Also Fallout and Mass Effect. Any WRPG left worth of mentioning?

    Also, FFXII over VII and IX is a bold statement.
    Well, FFXII *is* certainly a way better game than VII. The only reason I feel VII has a place on that list at all is because it brought JRPGs to a much more mainstream audience. Otherwise, meh, I'd place at least 11 of the other 14 Final Fantasy titles over it in terms of how good they were.

  9. #29
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by zanth1979 View Post
    Yeah, that's one of them I flet was overrated, for that very reason.
    Yeah a lot of those really old ones... I get that they need to be looked at with proper context but some are still pretty playable while others are not.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Best1989's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Interstellar Funk Space Station
    Posts
    3,025
    Quote Originally Posted by zanth1979 View Post
    Well, FFXII *is* certainly a way better game than VII. The only reason I feel VII has a place on that list at all is because it brought JRPGs to a much more mainstream audience. Otherwise, meh, I'd place at least 11 of the other 14 Final Fantasy titles over it in terms of how good they were.
    Oh, yeah, I'm not saying that it shouldn't be there. Is just not usual thing, I think.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •