Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Sony PVM topic: Why they are highly regarded for Retro Gaming

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    What these threads say to me is that there's a lot of money to be made off of the picky.
    Pretty much. If you want the best picture quality it is not cheap. Plenty of people are perfectly fine with composite or s-video though.

I think the best middle ground for many folks are those component cables that have been released recently since they give you most of the picture upgrade without the huuuge outlay into the equipment needed for analog RGB. In many cases I think they are close to the quality of straight RGB if your display handles it well, if you've got a component CRT it's very very close.
    Last edited by xelement5x; 07-18-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

I would say it's certainly good enough. Especially when you factor in, like you said, the much smaller footprint. It's just a single cable into the display (or switch). Also it's very easy to find generic ypbpr switches and a decent sd crt. So it's a much cheaper route that is quite close.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I would say it's certainly good enough. Especially when you factor in, like you said, the much smaller footprint. It's just a single cable into the display (or switch). Also it's very easy to find generic ypbpr switches and a decent sd crt. So it's a much cheaper route that is quite close.
    It all depends how lucky you are at finding stuff and quite frankly how long you've been looking. I've found CRT RGB monitors as cheap as 2.00, and not every system I might want to get RGB output from has a works on a stock system out of the box component cable even if I wanted to go that route. It would require mods or further signal conversion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123