Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Releasing stateside, 2018) PS4/3DS

Hybrid View

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Releasing stateside, 2018) PS4/3DS

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2017/6511.html

Stateside Nintendo Switch port may happen after.

Last edited by storino03; 07-28-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell yes!!!
    I saw this earlier today. So glad to hear it! But I haven't had time to check details.
    Hoping for both PS4 / 3DS versions

So glad it is coming here, always worried with DQ games. Can't wait! Wish they'd put the effort into worldwide release for DQ like they do Final Fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by zanth1979 View Post
    So glad it is coming here, always worried with DQ games. Can't wait! Wish they'd put the effort into worldwide release for DQ like they do Final Fantasy.
    This is considered a bad wish in my mind now. See... I'm glad and all too, but for Final Fantasy to be this popular, it had to become... EXTREMELY dumb.
    Everything starting with FF7 has been dumb and impure.
    FF was never going to become this worldwide thing if it had remained with 1 to 6, which is where the purity is.
    If it does good business, then great, but I have personally about had it with "USA sales were poor for this great Japanese game".
    Dragon Quest has remained pure since its beginning, is it a coincidence that it still struggles in the west?
    That's because for DQ to prosper here, it has to become either:

A) A dumb as hell series like FF

B) An FPS game like Metroid Prime

C) Like Zelda, it would have to kill itself and get rid of everything that makes a Dragon Quest game to become like Skyrim or The Witcher to appeal.
    Bonus sales for the ability to climb anything and dumb unfunny jokes all over the game that people will meme about to death.

I choose option D): Don't come out in the west anymore. Besides, they have to do so much work translating all that text to that many languages! And it is such top notch work too... a tragedy.
    Last edited by kleev_55; 07-29-2017 at 07:50 AM.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by kleev_55 View Post
    This is considered a bad wish in my mind now. See... I'm glad and all too, but for Final Fantasy to be this popular, it had to become... EXTREMELY dumb.
    FF was never going to become this worldwide thing if it had remained with 1 to 6, which is where the purity is.
    If it does good business, then great, but I have personally about had it with "USA sales were poor for this great Japanese game".
    Dragon Quest has remained pure since its beginning, is it a coincidence that it still struggles in the west?

C) Like Zelda, it would have to kill itself and get rid of everything that makes a Dragon Quest game to become like Skyrim or The Witcher to appeal.
    Bonus sales for the ability to climb anything and dumb unfunny jokes all over the game that people will meme about to death.

I choose option D): Don't come out in the west anymore. Besides, they have to do so much work translating all that text to that many languages! And it is such top notch work too... a tragedy.
    I presume you're referring to them because they're both popular and not making a comparison? Witcher 3 is the only open world game in the series and while I haven't played it it's still presumably very different than Skyrim in spite of sharing the sandbox aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by kleev_55 View Post

Why the hell would you wish it to not come out at all anymore? That's just stupid. I disagree with everyu one of your points.

A) Final Fantasy is not a dumb series. It had some bad games, yes, but XV was good, XIV is phenominal.

B) What does Metroid have to do with DQ in any way?

C) Zelda has had a single game that was different, and tbh, quite fun. I also really liked Twilight Princess, which last I checked, was still very Zelda, and sold quite well. Well enough to warrant an HD Remake on the Wii U.

D) That's just stupid, especially if you like the game series.

Why the hell would you wish it to not come out at all anymore? That's just stupid.
    Because Square Enix wants DQ to be as popular as FF. If thats what they want, I'd stop it at all cost.
    I want Lunar games to be made, but when I think of this type of big company thought process for making money even if it means selling your values, I'm happy Lunar didn't become that type of globally mainstream series.
    If all they wanted was give the few DQ fans their game and not attempt to appeal to more than the core, then I'd be happy, and I'd want it to keep coming out.
    Dragon Quest Builders and Heroes were great attempts though, in that they explore new genres, but still keep the Dragon Quest spirit as alive as ever. That... still didn't work. If something as great as the DS DQ games and DQ Builders doesn't work, all hope is lost outside Japan.

A) Final Fantasy is not a dumb series. It had some bad games, yes, but XV was good
    HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAHAH

XIV is phenominal.
    This I cannot argue, it looks good to me! But I can't play it. I dont have a thing for online games at least at this moment.
    I would be willing to do it if every other FF released around it was good.

Zelda has had a single game that was different, and tbh, quite fun. I also really liked Twilight Princess, which last I checked, was still very Zelda, and sold quite well. Well enough to warrant an HD Remake on the Wii U.
    Wind Waker, which is one of the biggest trash bags on earth is liked by many and got an HD remake too, so, getting an HD remake alone is not a meaningful example that a game is good. Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 haven't gotten it LOL.
    Twilight Princess was a lot better, still not very Zelda, but better. Majora's Mask is an exception to the rule in which it's the least Zelda game it could possibly be, yet its content was really good.
    Last edited by kleev_55; 07-30-2017 at 09:06 PM.

PS4 version looks nicer, but I can cheat in the 3DS version...
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    PS4 version looks nicer, but I can cheat in the 3DS version...
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

It's a real pickle.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast