Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Releasing stateside, 2018) PS4/3DS

NERD FIGHT!!!
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    NERD FIGHT!!!
    LOL. Don't be silly. If thats what this looks like, this will be my last post.

Quote Originally Posted by zanth1979 View Post
    FFXIII is garbage, I admit that, so was FFIII, tbh. But XV is quite fun. Have you played it? I doubt it.
    I actually did, but not fully. I did play Metroid Prime 1 and Zelda Wind Waker (among several other popular games) in full :P even though I was already disappointed 1 hour in. FF15 is going to be just as painful just to prove that I played it in full -.- only to be told that just because I didnt like it doesn't make it bad, so it's pointless.

FFXIV is a bigger game than any DQ game, and that still has a world wide release. There's no reason SE can't release a DQ game at the same time world wide. And in no way would it mean that the game itself has changed.
    I hope that's true, I don't trust SE... maybe I do trust Yuji Horii, but I don't know how their relationships work inside the company. However ... Dragon Quest is perhaps the ONLY old series that's still big, alive, and unchanged. It's an alarmingly low number and it sits inside SE xD the worst company ever. Oh wait NVM, only I think that. Pokemon was a series that lost it for me too, even though it was strong and pure for the bigger part of its life.

FF1-6 have been remade more times than any other games in existence. Especially 1.
    I'd like to live in that planet you're living XD
    FF1 was only remade once.
    It got adjustments here and there, but at its core, there's only the NES game and the WonderSwan Color, which is the one that further releases got adjusted from.
    Only FF1 to 4 have been remade and only once each! NO HD 3D glory with deeper / better story for any of these, and that's a tragedy.

unless you are stuck that the only real Zelda is the old style 3/4 overhead view.
    This is all I needed to hear to know that you have no idea what makes a Zelda game. You could make PC game replica of Zelda A Link to the Past, but put Majora's Mask in it.
    I know thats nearly impossible, but if it has the story, characters, music, locations, masks transformation and features, 3 day cycle, etc. Even if it's the overhead view, that's still just as unlike Zelda.
    And that's not to say that Majora's Mask is bad, it's my favorite 3D Zelda, I just know my series well enough that this isn't a Zelda game.
    Majora's Mask should have been its own game. Now that it's called Zelda, we're stuck without a sequel, or a whole series in this dark and horror style. That's the problem of breaking the tradition.
    Breath of the Wild should have been its own new IP. Imagine having a game called just "Breath of the Wild" alone, and a modern Zelda game next to it that is as true to the series as Dragon Quest XI is?! That would be amazing.

DQXI looks fantastic, and I can't wait to play it.
    I never said it didn't
    Last edited by kleev_55; 07-31-2017 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kleev_55 View Post
    LOL. Don't be silly. If thats what this looks like, this will be my last post.
    I'm not reading it all. I just saw the "discussion" and said that.
    GW Villan HQ Crew

Y'all a bunch of nerds

He said that Wind Waker was bad....

...I really like Wind Waker...

Quick, write an essay explaining why.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I actually did, but not fully. I did play Metroid Prime 1 and Zelda Wind Waker (among several other popular games) in full :P even though I was already disappointed 1 hour in. FF15 is going to be just as painful just to prove that I played it in full -.- only to be told that just because I didnt like it doesn't make it bad, so it's pointless.
    If you don't like, you don't like it, but you are right, just because you don't like it, it does not make it a bad game. I don't like any Metroid game other than the first one. Not my thing. I think Super Metroid is a great game, just not fun for me to play. Love the race they do every Games Done Quick. If you started FFXV and don't like it, don't play it. I don't care. So many people bashed the crap out of it and never played it. Hell, I did based on the demo. I hated it.

I hope that's true, I don't trust SE... maybe I do trust Yuji Horii, but I don't know how their relationships work inside the company. However ... Dragon Quest is perhaps the ONLY old series that's still big, alive, and unchanged. It's an alarmingly low number and it sits inside SE xD the worst company ever. Oh wait NVM, only I think that. Pokemon was a series that lost it for me too, even though it was strong and pure for the bigger part of its life.
    Please, SE will never be the worst worst company as long as EA exists. They're not what they were, no argument there. I used to buy every game that Squaresoft made, and I liked all of them. Dragon Quest is too popular in Japan for them to change it up too much, I think. I kinda feel it's a solid part of their income in Japan and something they can rely on. I also think there are divisions of SE that work pretty independently, like the studio that works on Tomb Raider and such, and I'd be the DQ development is kinda left to themselves as well.

I'd like to live in that planet you're living XD
    FF1 was only remade once.
    It got adjustments here and there, but at its core, there's only the NES game and the WonderSwan Color, which is the one that further releases got adjusted from.
    Only FF1 to 4 have been remade and only once each! NO HD 3D glory with deeper / better story for any of these, and that's a tragedy.
    Anytime they completely re-did the graphics and wrote a new script I call a remake. The PS1, Wonderswan, PSP and GBA versions(FF1) all have different graphics, and some different content. Not to mention the varying magic systems in them. FFV & VI both have GBA and ... mobile ... remakes. Not a lot fo content differences, but they did redo the graphics and sound for them... in the case of mobile, a great dis-service. FFIII and FFIV did, of course, have the biggest remakes, for the DS, even if the 3D graphics for them were... not good. Especially IV paled in comparison to the SNES version. Tho the PSP remake of IV was quite good, imo. And none of the old ones have had any sort of HD remake. Only X, X-2 and XII. BTW, FFXII is a fantastic game as well. Love the Ivalice setting.

This is all I needed to hear to know that you have no idea what makes a Zelda game. You could make PC game replica of Zelda A Link to the Past, but put Majora's Mask in it.
    I know thats nearly impossible, but if it has the story, characters, music, locations, masks transformation and features, 3 day cycle, etc. Even if it's the overhead view, that's still just as unlike Zelda.
    And that's not to say that Majora's Mask is bad, it's my favorite 3D Zelda, I just know my series well enogames ugh that this isn't a Zelda game.
    Majora's Mask should have been its own game. Now that it's called Zelda, we're stuck without a sequel, or a whole series in this dark and horror style. That's the problem of breaking the tradition.
    Breath of the Wild should have been its own new IP. Imagine having a game called just "Breath of the Wild" alone, and a modern Zelda game next to it that is as true to the series as Dragon Quest XI is?! That would be amazing.
    Man, I've been playing Zelda for 30 years, I think I know what a Zelda game is. I love Zelda, but it has got to be the series with the biggest identity crisis I've ever seen. They use the same characters over and over again, twisting the story around a bit but ultimately they are all the same at heart. Rescue Zelda from Ganon, save Hyrule. But for whatever reason, Hyrule is always different, and it's not the same Princess Zelda, not the same Link. Characters are old in some, young in others. But yet, most of them manage to pull off a good, solid game. I despire OoT and Majora's Mask, especially Majora's Mask. I felt they were a bad 3D adaptation of Zelda. That said, OoT is well liked, and I've enjoyed watching it played. I enjoy Wind Waker, personally, but I get why some don't. But Twilight Princess, man, that was a fantastic game, and really, to me, got the essence of what makes Zelda a great series. Skyward Sword, I will admit I have never played. Breath of the Wild is certainly a different animal. It was a bold move for Nintendo to try something ambitious like that, and it paid off for them. I personally think it feels like Zelda, despite being very different. I thought it was refreshing having choices, and not being railroaded one place to the next. I've not completely finished the game(I have issues playing games thru to the end these days, so little time, and I want to play so many games). Also, btw, when I said that about the 3/4 overhead view, I didn't mean that style was what made them Zelda, more that I know people who only like The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past and Link's Awakening, and think no other Zelda game is really Zelda. I was more questioning if you were one of those.

I never said it didn't
    Wishing the series would stop coming out in the west suggests otherwise.

Couldn't help to find humor in this

Please, SE will never be the worst worst company as long as EA exists.
    And honestly, Ubisoft can compete with EA. In terms of pure evil in nerd areas (because really nothing can compete with the likes of big pharma) Harmony Gold is basically mecha hitler.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Lol Good one.
    GW Villan HQ Crew

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast