Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, Neogaf is imploding?

So, Neogaf is imploding?

Is it news that Neogaf is burning to the ground?
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Interesting.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Look like the SJW army is ready to take it out.

Ugh. Who cares? NeoGaf is lame and I'm not even going to discuss what I think about the whole thing.

So, Neogaf is imploding?

@5 days ago the site owner, Tyler Malka, was accused of sexual harassment by a 2nd female. Roughly 24 hours ago, just about every mod and admin publicly leaves. Several long time members start dropping "ban me" posts. Details are kinda sketchy about the staff since few if any are being straightforward about it, but its presumed all are rallying behind their hard line feminist 'listen and believe' leanings.

without the goose steppy ban happy mods around, users were finally able to speak their minds. Revealing day, yesterday. Not only is NeoGAF widely unpopular and unliked by the video game industry, but most users hate it as well. Then suddenly the site exploded before sucking everything in on itself and its been down for "maintenance" (chortle) ever since.

amazing day yesterday. lots of high quality verbal bombs being dropped. AAA class drama.

example: http://archive.is/DmXsf

*kisses fingers* bravismo

Vic should be thrilled no one shared the cut content from Alundra there. And if it was, he should count his lucky stars he wasn't crucified there over it.

could not have happened to a better message board.

sincerely,
    Me (a clearly mentally ill person who obviously holds some sort of personal grudge against the owner of NeoGAF and totally not for him creating an environment perfectly suited for dictatorial screeching lunatics who were using it to craft an insular and draconian controlled safe space hug box for themselves leading to the creation of a pathological hive mind echo chamber to aggressively pollute and transform my hobby into a viral platform for spreading radical fringe politics and that I may have used my single pair of arms to wrestle against a nightmarish humanoid 6-armed monster whose fighting style resembles interpretive dance and I was so crazy I was right about it all get rekt m4gg0t)

Glad I never was a part of that forum.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Glad I never was a part of that forum.
    NeoGAF had a Twilight Zone existence for at least the past 2 years.

if you lurked the place, it became more and more obvious over time the people posting there don't play video games. they really like shoving one sided political views into everything and policing thought tho!

baffling NeoGAF had any sway over the gaming industry at all... It should have been running on fumes.

So, Neogaf is imploding?

"Although the site has been criticized in the past for, among other things, its users’ tendencies to have kneejerk reactions to gaming news..."

Very true. Glad it's gone, I hated seeing links to the site for various topics - it was annoying reading many of the comments.

Never used it other than when a link to GW games was posted here.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Article says the girl who accused the neogaf owner of harassment then had a physical relationship with him down the road lol. I assume she was using him as a connection like how this stuff works in the film industry. As weird as that shower story sounds, kinda weird to sympathize with the girl as she just kept going.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast