Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-releasing/localizing Keio Flying Squadron 1/2, Tryrush Deppy, and Super Tempo.

Re-releasing/localizing Keio Flying Squadron 1/2, Tryrush Deppy, and Super Tempo.

It is ridiculous to see these games reach the prices of new video game consoles, especially on a software medium that is prone to bit rot. Has Gaijinworks thought about getting the rights to re-release these games to monetize on their perceived rarity?

Is would be nice, but the problem with the last 3 in your list is that they are Saturn games and there is no way to make a burned/pressed CD that gets past the copy projection. The first would be easy enough to do, but I dunno how you would find the rights from JVC and whoever and actually get legal versions made.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Not just reprints, but re-releasing them on modern platforms. And the argument that it is impossible to crack the Saturn's copy protection is simply not true. Given the right price, the right programmer could get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Silvia View Post
    And the argument that it is impossible to crack the Saturn's copy protection is simply not true. Given the right price, the right programmer could get it done.
    Sure, whatever, anything is possible. But would reverse engineering Sega's disc stamping method and attempting to profit from it really be legal? Even if it's not illegal, it'd require a large investment in manufacturing, and leave whoever attempts it open to lawsuits. It'll never happen. It's more likely we'll hit Star Trek replicator technology that can physically copy discs first.

I guess an agreement with Sega is out of the question?

While I scoff at the notion that games like those mentioned or PDS can't be rereleased in some fashion, I find it equally as absurd as to your reasoning that you want the games released simply because they are very expensive, not because they are actually good. The arguments of the poor are always good for a chuckle if nothing else.

At least as far as PDS goes anyway, id rather see a remake anyway.

For the record I dont own any of those games yet, although I plan to get keio and pds probably within the next year or so. So them being reprinted wouldn't hurt me one way or the other.

Doesn't necessarily mean someone is poor if they rather see a reprint or remake. Higher prices for video games that came out 20+ years ago is hard to swallow and money is better spent elsewhere.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    The Keio games are good games. Not great games, but good. I honestly see no adequate market that could facilitate porting and re-releasing them.

PDS could stand a remaster. Saturn 3D looks like a turd and it's not held up well at all.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Doesn't necessarily mean someone is poor if they rather see a reprint or remake. Higher prices for video games that came out 20+ years ago is hard to swallow and money is better spent elsewhere.
    You do realize the that could be said about gaming in general. Its a luxury hobby that the majority of the world cant afford. You either want to spend money on it or not, but to make some kind of psudeo morality argument about items not costing more than x just to appease a handful of people is down right laughable. If he had just said look I really like this games id like to see them remade because I think they are good, okay, not going to happen but I can at least buy the passion of the argument. But to go the route he did with this topic, of they are too expensive to "ME" so they should be remade is a joke. Medicine like Epen that is several thousand should be repriced so people could afford it; that's a matter of life or death. A niche game on a niche system is another matter altogether. But glad we have these first world problems here.

Honestly, I'm surprised bootlegs of Keio for the SegaCD have reared their head yet. Even I have debated the feasibility of it as it would make a lot of sense for people that just want to play the game.

If there was ever a way to make self-booting Saturn bootlegs you can guarantee people would be selling "premium" packages in a heatbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast