Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!! order stolen by FedEx!

Imagine a FedEx worker holding his copy in the air while laughing maniacally.

Quote Originally Posted by juanmiglesias View Post
    Hi guys I just got a call from the investigation dpt at fedex, they called the store while I was on hold.. after about 10 min the agent told that the package is at the location, and supposedly it was misscanned? I set the pick up date for Tuesday (I need to be here Monday morning, and will be back Monday afternoon.. so just in case I don't make it), so I'll get back to you all as soon I pick it up and if it is actually my package or not. I do believe the agent and it was scanned by error. But let's wait and see
    If you are unsure, open it right there in front of the agent before accepting. If you think it's a swap, I'll tell you mine was 6lbs, shipped in a white box that was 12" x 6"x 8". Hope it's okay though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by juanmiglesias View Post
    Hi guys I just got a call from the investigation dpt at fedex, they called the store while I was on hold.. after about 10 min the agent told that the package is at the location, and supposedly it was misscanned? I set the pick up date for Tuesday (I need to be here Monday morning, and will be back Monday afternoon.. so just in case I don't make it), so I'll get back to you all as soon I pick it up and if it is actually my package or not. I do believe the agent and it was scanned by error. But let's wait and see
    Sounds like this is turning out to be okay after all. Good to hear!

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Yeah, very weird. As long as you've opened an investigation with FedEx, you've done the right thing. It seems very hard to believe that someone would know your package was there so they could come and sign for it, and even less credible that they could do that without showing ID. If it was an inside job (which would be weird, but...) FedEx is pretty serious about getting to the bottom of things when investigations are started (you do have the case number, right?) and should figure it out. I would check with them daily.

If there's no resolution by Monday, I would look at filing a police report for theft, since you'll need security cam footage from the Fedex facility, and the police will have to get it. Cam footage is usually only kept for a week or two before the system overwrites it, so timing is important.

Definitely let us know how it works out!
    Im sorry Vic but are you for real? Pretty no one asks for ID when delievering, or using a credit card, or any other time you would think hey maybe check to see the card matches the license. Honestly the only place I actually get asked to see ID at is pawn shops. Those guys tend to be buttoned down. But at most other places people are just flat out lazy, and any scribble will do.

But hopefully this guy gets his package. I think mine arrived a week ago.

My local post office asks me for ID, and they know me.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Im sorry Vic but are you for real? Pretty no one asks for ID when delievering, or using a credit card, or any other time you would think hey maybe check to see the card matches the license. Honestly the only place I actually get asked to see ID at is pawn shops. Those guys tend to be buttoned down. But at most other places people are just flat out lazy, and any scribble will do.

But hopefully this guy gets his package. I think mine arrived a week ago.
    At FedEx if you ask that a package be held for pickup instead of delivered, they ALWAYS ask for ID. Their policy.

Yeah, same thing here. USPS actually will give my guff sometime when I ship stuff to work (and it then requires pickup) since my work address doesn't match the one on my driver's license, so I need to bring a business card as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Maybe where you live, but even Ive been in place where there is a big ask for your ID sign right behind the cashier I have not been asked for the ID.

Cashiers are supposed to. But it's at their discretion, whether they think you are not the cardholder or not. Not the right thing to do, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Maybe where you live, but even Ive been in place where there is a big ask for your ID sign right behind the cashier I have not been asked for the ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Cashiers are supposed to. But it's at their discretion, whether they think you are not the cardholder or not. Not the right thing to do, but it is what it is.
    Supposed to ask when the card isn't signed for sure. I almost never get asked when using CC. Moreso if I have to hand the card to the cashier when they don't offer a customer card device.

Also I'm never asked for id for a package. Of the times a sig is required only part do they ask for a name at which point I could have looked at what their device says and just repeat.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast