Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74

Thread: Shining Resonance Refrain coming West this Summer on PS4, Switch, and XBone

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    919
    Yeah, it didn't start with Shining Force, but most people know the series because of it.

  2. #22
    Senior Member ramzastrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    All I want is Shining Force
    Probably will never happen. I am actually shocked we are getting a new shining game at all given how the dude in charge feels about the western fans of shining force...
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Probably will never happen. I am actually shocked we are getting a new shining game at all given how the dude in charge feels about the western fans of shining force...
    I have a feeling I can predict the answer, but has does he feel about Western Fans of Shining Force?

  4. #24
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,259
    Shining Tears wasn't a bad game.

  5. #25
    Senior Member ramzastrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Kou The Mad View Post
    I have a feeling I can predict the answer, but has does he feel about Western Fans of Shining Force?
    He feels like western fans were holding the series back because all they would do is ask for SFIII and such, and basically said the **** off so the series could get better. I will look for the quotes when I get home if I remember. The dude that ran/runs shining force central that did the fan translations for sfIII had some pretty terrible interactions with the dude. He would send stuff to Sega or Camelot or whoever it was, talking about how much people over here loved shining force and wanted to see SFIII released and new shining force games, and he basically responded to him telling him to **** off so he could make his shitty masterpieces of shining games.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    He feels like western fans were holding the series back because all they would do is ask for SFIII and such, and basically said the **** off so the series could get better. I will look for the quotes when I get home if I remember. The dude that ran/runs shining force central that did the fan translations for sfIII had some pretty terrible interactions with the dude. He would send stuff to Sega or Camelot or whoever it was, talking about how much people over here loved shining force and wanted to see SFIII released and new shining force games, and he basically responded to him telling him to **** off so he could make his shitty masterpieces of shining games.
    So he's ignoring a part of the market, one significantly larger than Japan's (I'm counting the Americas, Europe, and Australia here and whoever else counts as Western.), who are actively all asking for more.......because he wants to make games that a smaller market, one even more niche than Shining Force which actually had a decent sized following?
    That is baffling to say the least.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,834
    Quote Originally Posted by Kou The Mad View Post
    So he's ignoring a part of the market, one significantly larger than Japan's (I'm counting the Americas, Europe, and Australia here and whoever else counts as Western.), who are actively all asking for more.......because he wants to make games that a smaller market, one even more niche than Shining Force which actually had a decent sized following?
    That is baffling to say the least.
    Japanese video game business 101.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Korriban
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Japanese video game business 101.
    That seems incredibly short sighted and antithetical to both Business and Capitalism.

  9. #29
    Member Raksel Shikazu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Mokkori Town
    Posts
    61
    The Shining games aren't actually good. I played the PS2 games and they were... somehow medicore. The best of the three I played was Shining Force EXA and even this could not fullfill my requirements when it comes to a good RPG. But for a while I enjoyed it. Shining Force Neo on the other side was bad to begin with. To be fair, I must say, that it wasn't a setting I appreciated very much, but even then the gameplay and the concept feel odd to me.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    221
    Quote Originally Posted by Raksel Shikazu View Post
    The Shining games aren't actually good. I played the PS2 games and they were... somehow medicore. The best of the three I played was Shining Force EXA and even this could not fullfill my requirements when it comes to a good RPG. But for a while I enjoyed it. Shining Force Neo on the other side was bad to begin with. To be fair, I must say, that it wasn't a setting I appreciated very much, but even then the gameplay and the concept feel odd to me.
    Those ... were Record of Lodoss War given a Shining Force 1 skin.

    The Shining Force that people usually refer to was on the Genesis, as was Shining Force 2. There was also a SegaCD Shining Force, what was (I think) a re-release of the handheld Shining Force games, though I might be wrong about that. Shining Force 3 was on the Saturn, came in three parts, but only the first part was brought here.

    While I personally enjoyed Shining Force NEO and Shining Force EXA, I can understand why someone would not have. The Shining series, however, actually comprises a number of different RPG subtypes within itself : Shining in the Darkness and Shining the Holy Ark are step-based first person dungeon crawlers. Shining Force 1, 2, 3, CD are all top down SRPG’s. Shining Tears, Shining Force EXA/NEO, and the GBA Shining games are different types of ACtion RPG’s.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •