Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on Gaijinworks, where are you?

He's fine. I woke up this morning and found this sitting on my porch. You guys are just paranoid and have PTSD or something
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have a theory tho. He fell in love with Wizard of Oz and moved to Jersey to do sound engineering for some pinball company. jRPGs aren't niche enough anymore and are too much effort and not enough financial loss.

I'm probably going to get permabanned now.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    I have a theory tho. He fell in love with Wizard of Oz and moved to Jersey to do sound engineering for some pinball company. jRPGs aren't niche enough anymore and are too much effort and not enough financial loss.

For what? Being funny?

Would mean Vic's alive.

*waits for segamega to post*
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    For what? Being funny?
    (in bane voice) for you

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Would mean Vic's alive.

*waits for segamega to post*
    I'd say give it a week or so, and either I'm funny ha-ha and will still be around or funny queer and vanish in a puff of pixie dust like tempestone and be forgotten

I'm positive nobody here has forgotten tempest. I mean, how can you?
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    I'm positive nobody here has forgotten tempest. I mean, how can you?
    there's two key differences between me and him. That's the first. The other is he or someone keeps nuking his posts. I'm half expecting that to happen to me given I had the nerve to show back up.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Eh Vic is like a carnival, its fun while it lasts but it always comes to an end. But don't worry it comes around again next year.

WD came and went, then Gaijinworks came and went, its probably only a matter of time until Vic rolls around again with his next way to release relatively obscure jrpg titles.
    I don't think this is true at all. The PS2 era was too active for WD to not thrive during that time. Now I'm trying to remember stuff from a lifetime ago, and some of it is second and third hand, but I seem to recall all kinds of bad **** started to hit the fan all at once. Personal ****. Tragedies. Some secret inner circle on the forum that melted down. Publishing agreements getting shot down. And didn't someone lose their mind? They went to Afghanistan or something and came back nuts? Is that who tempestone is? poor bastard. Then they shut their doors and all kinds of crocodile tears from a peanut gallery that really hated that company for some unknown reason. Like didn't Vic quote a movie and there were a bunch of people who were like "UGH! I BET HE SAID SOMETHING PRETENTIOUS! OH HE QUOTED SOME OBSCURE ART FILM? UGH HE TOTALLY DID! WHY DIDN'T YOU QUOTE SOME OTHER JEFF DANIELS MOVIE LIKE DUMB AND DUMBER?" that was surprising to me. WD made some people really angry and hateful over *squints* the way they translated their games?

Anyway, I'd imagine trying to pull a WD is way more difficult now. 20 years ago you had niche markets with demand where a product would do better the more effort you put into it, there was so much low effort **** on store shelves where RPGs were concerned. Now its oversaturated. There's a ton of good games. Most take over 24 hours to complete. And many of them are cheap AF. Its not unusual to have a backlog spanning console generations, but you're too busy being autistic spending months obsessively playing some crappy game you spent $5 on.

ay but then again, I haven't played any of GW's games and I haven't heard great things about their latest venture.

Quote Originally Posted by Muyguapogrant View Post
    Both Vic and tempest left around the same time. I’m convinced they are one and the same.
    Last edited by sweetsweetfugu; 06-21-2018 at 02:01 AM.

there's two key differences between me and him. That's the first. The other is he or someone keeps nuking his posts. I'm half expecting that to happen to me given I had the nerve to show back up.

I don't think this is true at all. The PS2 era was too active for WD to not thrive during that time. Now I'm trying to remember stuff from a lifetime ago, and some of it is second and third hand, but I seem to recall all kinds of bad **** started to hit the fan all at once. Personal ****. Tragedies. Some secret inner circle on the forum that melted down. Publishing agreements getting shot down. And didn't someone lose their mind? They went to Afghanistan or something and came back nuts? Is that who tempestone is? poor bastard. Then they shut their doors and all kinds of crocodile tears from a peanut gallery that really hated that company for some unknown reason. Like didn't Vic quote a movie and there were a bunch of people who were like "UGH! I BET HE SAID SOMETHING PRETENTIOUS! OH HE QUOTED SOME OBSCURE ART FILM? UGH HE TOTALLY DID! WHY DIDN'T YOU QUOTE SOME OTHER JEFF DANIELS MOVIE LIKE DUMB AND DUMBER?" that was surprising to me. WD made some people really angry and hateful over *squints* the way they translated their games?

Anyway, I'd imagine trying to pull a WD is way more difficult now. 20 years ago you had niche markets with demand where a product would do better the more effort you put into it, there was so much low effort **** on store shelves where RPGs were concerned. Now its oversaturated. There's a ton of good games. Most take over 24 hours to complete. And many of them are cheap AF. Its not unusual to have a backlog spanning console generations, but you're too busy being autistic spending months obsessively playing some crappy game you spent $5 on.

ay but then again, I haven't played any of GW's games and I haven't heard great things about their latest venture.

The fact that you have crap like LRG, Strictly Limited, and hundreds of other copy cats counters this point. If anything its pretty easy to be WD/GW now, if Vic just gave up his obsession with fancy CEs and just focused on releasing games, and even CEs like LRG does, he could easily put out a lot more product. Barriers are as low as ever. And before you say well, Vic puts out quality stuff, Ys origins, Senran, Battlebreakers are all games on par with what Vic would put out, so its not even like he is reaching for the moon for some grand FF esque titles.

Summon Night 6 definitely has some issues. Though if anyone can shake off criticism and keep trucking, it's Vic.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    The fact that you have crap like LRG, Strictly Limited, and hundreds of other copy cats counters this point. If anything its pretty easy to be WD/GW now, if Vic just gave up his obsession with fancy CEs and just focused on releasing games, and even CEs like LRG does, he could easily put out a lot more product. Barriers are as low as ever. And before you say well, Vic puts out quality stuff, Ys origins, Senran, Battlebreakers are all games on par with what Vic would put out, so its not even like he is reaching for the moon for some grand FF esque titles.
    clowny, baby what are you talking? you're comparing apples to oranges. LRG and SL are the equivalent of hipsters with a printing press given already completed work. PLUS you're agreeing with me that the market is more competitive than ever. Come on, fam.

its also striking you bring up the 'obsession with fancy CEs'. that was the flat out wrong reasoning du jour for Working Designs going under when I've lost count the number of times Vic has stated it was because they were getting stonewalled for publishing on the PS2. But then its like, why not publish on other systems?

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Summon Night 6 definitely has some issues. Though if anyone can shake off criticism and keep trucking, it's Vic.
    I agree with you 100%.
    I'd be saying that if I didn't see the SN6 trailer with the voices and coulnd't help but ask aloud, 'is this the same dude from 20 years ago who green lit this voice acting?"

and on top of that this thread reminds me greatly of growlancer coming out and then there being a long, uneasy silence following its release long ago.

but, hey, WTF do I know?

He might actually be in Jersey working on Pirates of the Carribean

Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast