Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on Gaijinworks, where are you?

I'll have to play SN6 soon to see what are those issues the gyps mentions.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    I don't think this is true at all. The PS2 era was too active for WD to not thrive during that time.

Anyway, I'd imagine trying to pull a WD is way more difficult now. 20 years ago you had niche markets with demand where a product would do better the more effort you put into it, there was so much low effort **** on store shelves where RPGs were concerned. Now its oversaturated. There's a ton of good games. Most take over 24 hours to complete. And many of them are cheap AF. Its not unusual to have a backlog spanning console generations, but you're too busy being autistic spending months obsessively playing some crappy game you spent $5 on.
    1) The management at SCEA during the end of the PS2 era was vastly different philosophically then it was During the PSOne/Early PS2 era.
    2) You are forgetting all the companies who jumped into the fray back 20 years ago to publish RPG's or other esoteric titles from Japan that were right in the WD wheelhouse - Crave, Acclaim, THQ, Eidos, Agetec, etc.
    V/r,
    Yak

Even Ubisoft published a JRPG or a few (They did Jade Cocoon 2.).

Quote Originally Posted by Best1989 View Post
    I'll have to play SN6 soon to see what are those issues the gyps mentions.
    I'm a Vic apologist but it's rough.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

New theory. Heís playing the long game.
    He shaved his head and grew a beard. Got fluent in japanese and got hired by a studio in japan. Where now heíll spend the next 10 years getting higher positions until heís able to send top games over to be done by GW.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaksaddle View Post
    1) The management at SCEA during the end of the PS2 era was vastly different philosophically then it was During the PSOne/Early PS2 era.
    2) You are forgetting all the companies who jumped into the fray back 20 years ago to publish RPG's or other esoteric titles from Japan that were right in the WD wheelhouse - Crave, Acclaim, THQ, Eidos, Agetec, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kou The Mad View Post
    Even Ubisoft published a JRPG or a few (They did Jade Cocoon 2.).
    why do I keep running into arguments trying to tell me I'm wrong by agreeing with me?
    the PS2 market was healthy enough for big and small name publishers to take a risk and publish games in niche genres? wha? really?
    There was competition back then?

hold on, I have to jump in my pool

*dives into the 1000+ plus games I own physically and digitally* was that what things were like 20 years ago? *spits games out of mouth* wow cool. I must have forgot. *rubs games into armpits* oh look what they got on humblebumble. There's a sale on Steam tomorrow. Awesome, that game I wanted to buy that just came out dropped $20 from its absurd MSRP launch price. Not much longer before it hits $20. Oh look! African American Friday! I've just purchased all the console exclusives from the past year for a song. I might be set for life gamewise. I'm the mudduh fuggin scrooge mcduck of videogames

as far as 1) goes up there, you're talking tail end PS2 era with $599 real time weapon change giant enemy crab Sony driving publishers to seek greener pastures elsewhere just to survive. Wasn't that long ago. The joke about the PS3 was were the games at while they kept blasting themselves in the foot

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I'm a Vic apologist but it's rough.
    doggo puns
    Last edited by sweetsweetfugu; 06-21-2018 at 10:28 PM.

Donít mess with fugu.

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Donít mess with fugu.
    damn straight. I'll ****ing paralyze your ass, have your heart skip a beat, and make your breath catch.

all I'm saying is this:

If -I- were a faded star who was once synonymous with trivia mastery, and -I- sought refuge innawoods in Maine, my hires would have unassuming names. If I had someone on staff named Kay Nines, I might as well put big blinking arrows outside my house and paste a bullseye on my back.

Just. I can't even

What the **** are you doing!

Pistachios are gonna start popping. There are mentally ill people here. There's a reason the autism symbol is a puzzle piece. Are you trying to set the bar ground level? SHEESH

Considering how much discounted SN6 is on Amazon, that should be telling how sub-pay overall sales have been.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    why do I keep running into arguments trying to tell me I'm wrong by agreeing with me?
    the PS2 market was healthy enough for big and small name publishers to take a risk and publish games in niche genres? wha? really?
    There was competition back then?

hold on, I have to jump in my pool

*dives into the 1000+ plus games I own physically and digitally* was that what things were like 20 years ago? *spits games out of mouth* wow cool. I must have forgot. *rubs games into armpits* oh look what they got on humblebumble. There's a sale on Steam tomorrow. Awesome, that game I wanted to buy that just came out dropped $20 from its absurd MSRP launch price. Not much longer before it hits $20. Oh look! African American Friday! I've just purchased all the console exclusives from the past year for a song. I might be set for life gamewise. I'm the mudduh fuggin scrooge mcduck of videogames

as far as 1) goes up there, you're talking tail end PS2 era with $599 real time weapon change giant enemy crab Sony driving publishers to seek greener pastures elsewhere just to survive. Wasn't that long ago. The joke about the PS3 was were the games at while they kept blasting themselves in the foot

doggo puns
    Looks at the over 2,000 plus physical games he owns (throw in digital and its more, but I dont count them). Now that we have established you have a Masters degree, while I have a PHD in videogameology lets move back on track.

I dont even get why people are arguing with me yourself included, I just said Vic comes and goes, he does. And I said nothing he ever released would be considered an elite level game. And when I mean elite, I dont mean in terms of quality, Alundra and Lunar are great. But I mean neither of those is considered a mainstream series even in that golden age. Hell you arguments prove my point in that every tom and dick was releasing an rpg in that era.

However, all that said, doesn't change the fact its still pretty easy, if not easier today.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast