Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Come on Gaijinworks, where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Missile! View Post
    4 games in the span of 12 years, and nobody bought ANY of them
    Last I checked or remembered. Vic didn't pick the games he liked with expectations of making mega millions.
    All they need to do is well enough. I'm sure they hoped with SN6 however being on PS4 that it would bring in slightly better numbers compared to releasing games on the far long dead PSP. (I recall XseeD saying they released TITS SC on PSP digitally just out of respect alone to players and that they expected going in to lose money)

At worst with SN all he did, if they sold poorly, was probably make Scamco Bandai feel vindicated in ignoring the series for release in the west.
    I'm sure Vic is toiling away, planning his next move.

^Vic has never released main stream games, even lunar is a niche jrpg, a tier below DW and FF. Im pretty sure Vic has been releasing what he likes, obscure games that wouldn't otherwise come here.

Also these games have super low bars. I think if a jrpg sells 100k then its the equivalent of AAA title selling a few million.

I for one an am happy that Vic is will to release games that do "good enough" instead of mega sellers. Now the goal is obviously to sell games but no one is going to let him pick obvious huge selling games anyway.

I'm sure the dub work and the talk about it haven't helped sales either.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Well back when Vic was around he said sn6 was selling good. I can only guess he was able to get a better game to do. I almost would expect no dub for it.

Count me in as being worried.

Quote Originally Posted by cj_iwakura View Post
    Count me in as being worried.
    The forums are still here, so I wouldn't be too worried.

This seems like a pretty normal going silent incognito period for Vic. He pretty much always does it before a new game announcement or a release of a game, though usually the longer ones are before a game release...
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post

This seems like a pretty normal going silent incognito period for Vic. He pretty much always does it before a new game announcement or a release of a game, though usually the longer ones are before a game release...
    Yeah, I'm kinda waiting for him to show up announce a game that's not too far off from presale or atleast b farther along. Though, I really just don't understand CoH3. If the psp was done why it's not been released digitally. It'd sell a few.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post

Yepppp. It's not ideal but Vic basically shows up in spurts.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    ^Vic has never released main stream games, even lunar is a niche jrpg, a tier below DW and FF. Im pretty sure Vic has been releasing what he likes, obscure games that wouldn't otherwise come here.

Also these games have super low bars. I think if a jrpg sells 100k then its the equivalent of AAA title selling a few million.
    Lunar was pretty much a brand new experience when it came out in terms of the animation and storytelling, there was nothing even remotely like it that had been released in the west. I know the attach rate for it in Japan with the Mega CD was also very high.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Lunar was pretty much a brand new experience when it came out in terms of the animation and storytelling, there was nothing even remotely like it that had been released in the west. I know the attach rate for it in Japan with the Mega CD was also very high.
    whether something is unique or new, doesn't necessarily mean its mainstream. Ie no matter how popular lunar was, it was always at best in the suikoden and breath of fire group, it was never a bonafide blockbuster like FF in the West and DW in the East.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast