Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sega Saturn repros as if they were released back in 1998! (Amazing WD Lunar Repro)

Oh joy, limited manufacturing at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Oh joy, limited manufacturing at its finest.
    Limited Run Repros

Time to line up spambots to reply to all his posts. Corner that resale market

Are those the Proto discs in the picture? They look like prints.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Are those the Proto discs in the picture? They look like prints.
    I think they are just sitting on top of two different color disc holders but I'm looking on my phone. I'm pretty sure this is the final product in hand that he has.

The discworld one that I just got in looks like it was something that would have been sold in stores back then if not even better so I'm guessing these would be pretty good quality

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar14 View Post
    Time to line up spambots to reply to all his posts. Corner that resale market
    Honestly I'm getting a little worried about this. Each day more people seem to find out about his stuff. At some point it will be impossible to get one of the 10. He basically makes 10, waits till they get shipped to him and then he releases them randomly.

He also set up a waiting list that people can sign up for when he does a second printing. However of the half-dozen or so that he has released I've yet to see anything get a second run.

I guess he could find out pretty easily if you re sold one since he lists the 10 people in the main post.
    Last edited by DinoDerek; 07-04-2019 at 05:03 AM.

Again I know repros are love/hate. And personally repros do nothing for me as I prefer the real thing. However there's just something about u.s. Saturn ones that I've been dreaming of someone passionate enough to make high quality ones for like 15 years.

It's just such a tricky thing to make because of the size of the manuals and the awkwardness of the backart. Add to that no one ever trying to repro the cases before. however all the sudden we have someone that finally invested in that which led to this and now we finally have hundred percent to spec us packaging. The only downside is no one ever figured out how to replicate the Saturn discs and probably never will.

The weird thing specifically about deep fear is that I've literally been thinking for like 20 years how much I would like a legit US packaging for it since it was the one North American game that was 100% complete but they simply decided not to put it out in retail. Then when I acquired the official version from a Sega employee on Saturn cdrs, I wanted the packaging even more just to kind of recreate the retail experience along with the official discs for the shelf.

Having US packaging makes me actually want to play these games more. Having the games in the big cases was always part of the experience the Saturn. I guess we'll see how I feel playing the US looking version of discworld. I don't think I'll ever get around to putting these on the same shelf as the official ones though
    Last edited by DinoDerek; 07-04-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    I guess he could find out pretty easily if you re sold one since he lists the 10 people in the main post.
    Nah, make a new account for each bot. But with him shipping this stuff out by hand he'd notice when all 10 customers seem to live in the same house

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123